Thread: Ret AoE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    dks and warriors still have free cleave without sacrificing single target dmg like a ret paladin. warrior cleave is buffed not nerfed. i quote myself from the sticky thread:

Recount - warrior Hostile Attacks: Cleave
    1. Hit 128 (60%) (Min: 7838 Avg: 12598 Max: 16572)
    2. Crit 83 (39%) (Min: 21086 Avg: 26168 Max: 34138)
    on a three second cd, if ww = ds....what equals cleave on the ret paladin? the disgusting low sor ?

and now try again!
    Don't even bother, it looks like we have some real "special" people posting in here.

yeah i know :<
    i had a better opinion of Xs though...
    Last edited by Agathon; 2010-10-19 at 05:38 AM.

So really the counter claim to this idea was a free cleave, so really to fix this it is very damn simple. As sated earlier obviously give mana to the DS, in fact when I thought of the idea i was like yea DS will have mana just forgot to add that part. Part of it was being tired and the other part was well i had assumed people would have came to the same conclusion.

Also just lower the damage a tad bit then if it becomes too much lowest to 75%. What you get there in an AoE situation is a mana costing aoe melee that brings up holy power to ramp up your 3 HP Holy Wrath out.

But hey wait a minute we CC most of the time, yes this is true but you people know as well as I do that even in CC heavy situations there are times when we just AoE and this is our solution to it. I am fairly confident that blizzard will have a fight or boss battles that will basically have AoE involved and here is a way for ret to pull it's weight. It is not a free cleave it is an AoE system that will work for ret. It gives Divine Storm more of a use in the playing field and turns a sorta rarely used Holy Wrath into a key mechanic without breaking the class.

Honestly its just plain sense that this is good.

dks and warriors still have free cleave without sacrificing single target dmg like a ret paladin. warrior cleave is buffed not nerfed and is still dmg source #1 on many boss encounters in icc. i quote myself from the sticky thread:

on a three second cd, if ww = ds....what equals cleave on the ret paladin? the disgusting low sor ? how is there not any kind of situation in all of the cata dungeons or raids where this will reign supreme? you cant honestly think that...

and now try again!
    THIS.....and thx man

All round aoe has been nerfed and i agree with a few of the posters.. when there is a shifting focus away from tanks pulling the whole room together and just going to town with dmg.. as fun as it is watching the recount numbers, there is no challenge to the encounter. So what is one way of trying to shift away from that aoe phase is to nerf aoe dmg and say hey, you can single target for nearly just as much, ever thought of that?

4.01 is only just a week old on live servers where the majority of good and bad people play, over time, blizz will look at the mnumbers and more feedback as it comes in and make judgements on what is needed.. It only took them less than a day to realise our dps was terrible and needed buffing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    No, I meant getting HoPo from Divine Storm and effectively replacing CS.
    No- CS hits HARDER than DS on one target alone, but DS was reverted back to only proccing a max of 1 Holy Power period, reguardless of the number of targets it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    No- CS hits HARDER than DS on one target alone, but DS was reverted back to only proccing a max of 1 Holy Power period, reguardless of the number of targets it hits.
    Currently, or with the OP's changes?

And I'm not arguing Warriors don't have free cleave, it hits way too hard in fact. Other classes have too much cleave as is, Warlocks, Mages, DKs, etc.

We should be removing cleave, not adding it.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

dks and warriors still have free cleave without sacrificing single target dmg like a ret paladin. warrior cleave is buffed not nerfed and is still dmg source #1 on many boss encounters in icc. i quote myself from the sticky thread:

on a three second cd, if ww = ds....what equals cleave on the ret paladin? the disgusting low sor ? how is there not any kind of situation in all of the cata dungeons or raids where this will reign supreme? you cant honestly think that...

and now try again!
    Interesting. So really, the solution here is to nerf warriors because paladins aoe is as we weak at level80, a level they've barely attempted to balance? Makes sense!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Currently, or with the OP's changes?

And I'm not arguing Warriors don't have free cleave, it hits way too hard in fact. Other classes have too much cleave as is, Warlocks, Mages, DKs, etc.

We should be removing cleave, not adding it.
    CS on Live hits for 150% weapon damage without buffs.

Someone asked about our cleave, and yeah, we still have it, it's talented now. Look at Seals of Command.

Also, if you really feel the need to faceroll AoE, just ramp up 3 Holy Power and pop Zealotry. Then just spam CS while keeping HW and DS on cooldown, and hope for some Mastery procs. Even though TV lights up when Mastery procs, you can still use its effect on DS.

Consecration, as it exists now, has no place in our dps rotation. 55% of my base mana is lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Someone asked about our cleave, and yeah, we still have it, it's talented now. Look at Seals of Command.

Also, if you really feel the need to faceroll AoE, just ramp up 3 Holy Power and pop Zealotry. Then just spam CS while keeping HW and DS on cooldown, and hope for some Mastery procs. Even though TV lights up when Mastery procs, you can still use its effect on DS.

Consecration, as it exists now, has no place in our dps rotation. 55% of my base mana is lol.
    1400 cleave damage from SoR and SoC is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Yes, if you have terrible luck with HP gen.

Cs > J - Cs > HW - Cs > TV
    and back from the top Cs > J - Cs > Consec since HW is on CD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well doing 16-19k AoE dps in ICC on trash isnt that bad is it? I find the new divine storm to be not that bad tbh. Just learn your rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wRRM View Post
    Well doing 16-19k AoE dps in ICC on trash isnt that bad is it? I find the new divine storm to be not that bad tbh. Just learn your rotation.
    It's not rocket science or a rotation, You wait for 3 HP and you hit DS. The entire point is once again Ret sacrifices 100% single target damage to AE and no one else does. What they need to do is give us back Seal of Command that was good damage for 5 mans and trash packs sor is awful.

16-19K I did 35K before which casters seem to be able to do 30K AE damage and no one cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?