Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Says "Da ladies man."

Seriously, any hopes of intelligence coming from someone like this should've quickly been dashed by their name.

I have no idea how you could possibly look anyone in the eye with a straight face and say that Retribution is more bloated than Unholy. Retribution's tree is fine. Coming out of Wrath of the Lich King, I absolutely love a lot of the changes done to Retribution as a whole.

All you are doing is pointless whining and complaining. And then you wonder why we reply to you the way we do? Maybe if you used a fraction of your supposed superior intellect, perhaps just MAYBE you could offer some opinions on how it could be better, instead of just shouting "RET TREE SUCKS!"
    seeing your sig,i find your hypocrisy astounding.
    nevertheless,maybe the tone was a lil off here and there,but i stated enough times how things could be changed.
    you seem to have missed it,master of a degenerated sense of humor,and please spare me the details of your incompetence.

anyway,i dont see how rets skill curve has gone up if all the things that made a good ret differ from a bad(dispells at the right time,sacred shield procs utilized with flash of light)
    have been removed.and how is heavily-rng-based dmg skillful at all in pvp?

whatever,rets arena-representation will be even lower,and serious rated bg teams will have no reason to have them.by that time i will long be prot and you people can wipe on heroics and raids that i have long on farm,while i have more utility as prot in rated bgs aswell.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see an armory link after all these "251 heroes" insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    And Divine Plea returning 25-30% mana with no healing debuff isn't OP? That is incredibly OP
    I'm reasonably confident that he said 25-30% base mana.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

I have began playing a ret in the far end of TBC(2.4-3.0 though) and didn't even consider playing it till 4.0, the spec has been improved as it really has become dynamic in the sense that now you have to care for the button you push rather that OMG spam CS and DS(Though it can be summarized in CS and TV right now along with JG, ZE, EX) the point is its less boring now than other melee, and on the issue regarding UH DKs I am leveling my second dk to 80 now, yet I won't be playing Unholy aswell, hell I'll spec him into 2H Frost, why 'cos I don't like being a Harbinger of Death or Walking Killing Machine with a pet, additionally, frost is/ has been more fun(Pre Unholy-Blight change from 51p talent to tier 3 talent)

Guys, this guy is clearly a genius and we're just too dumb to understand the things he's suggesting since they're LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of our puny intellects.

You'd think someone as smart as that though would atleast make a topic title that had anything to do with the actual post, or maybe have posted his idea's in the already existing pvp threads for ret.
    Oh that's right, there aren't idea's here, just complaining and bragging about his amazing skills as a paladin, with no proof to back any of it up.

I would normally do an OT:....... here but since your OP was merely complaints I'm not sure what to say, maybe reroll mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Guys, this guy is clearly a genius and we're just too dumb to understand the things he's suggesting since they're LEAPS AND BOUNDS ahead of our puny intellects.
    usually i'd say that you should only speak for yourself,and not for others,but given most of the resonance in this thread,you are right.

You'd think someone as smart as that though would atleast make a topic title that had anything to do with the actual post
    i have given a reasoning and general idea about the unholy tree but i was going in details with the paladin skills and tree because this is the paladin forum,
    but given your lack of reading comprehension,i will not bother to discuss this further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    If you don't think Unholy is bloated, then I'd like to see what you think is bloated.
    unholy is fun, way more fun than ret.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by Daladiesman View Post
    guardian of the ancient kings: fear his 1.5k autoattacks for 12 sec,giving you a weak ass str buff afterwards. atleast you can use him every 5 min...
    ROFL. Whether you are wrong or right about ret, that $#!+ was hilarious.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    unholy is fun, way more fun than ret.
    Yeah having 2 dots as your top abilities on alot of fights is fuuuun..ret isnt either atm imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonix View Post
    Yeah having 2 dots as your top abilities on alot of fights is fuuuun..ret isnt either atm imo.
    Not all fights are Faction Champs

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Meh, I'm fairly content with Ret atm, though I guarantee I'll hate it once I get Inquisition.
    ...fuckin' hate that spell mechanic.
    /agree

About all the whining about burst and pvp I thought I saw a blue sometime ago stating they don't want pvp to be a massive burst fest and acually make the fights last longer.

I agree with the OP because unlike 99.99% of the people posting in this thread. I actually have a Paladin and a Death Knight on the SAME account.

However, my DK is frost spec. meh... same diff.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

usually i'd say that you should only speak for yourself,and not for others,but given most of the resonance in this thread,you are right.

i have given a reasoning and general idea about the unholy tree but i was going in details with the paladin skills and tree because this is the paladin forum,
    but given your lack of reading comprehension,i will not bother to discuss this further.
    Lol reading comprehension insults from someone who doesn't understand sarcasm, kind of ironic.

You'd think someone as smart as that though would atleast make a topic title that had anything to do with the actual post, or maybe have posted his idea's in the already existing pvp threads for ret.
    Oh that's right, there aren't idea's here, just complaining and bragging about his amazing skills as a paladin, with no proof to back any of it up.

I would normally do an OT:....... here but since your OP was merely complaints I'm not sure what to say, maybe reroll mage?
    Yep, pretty much this. the entire thread is QQ, I'm not really sure what the OP was expecting, especially when crossing the forbidden "apples to oranges" line right in the title.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    go ahead, get on a rated bg team at 85, and DON'T use seal of justice on that druid in travel form in wsg running your flag to cap. stick to truth, hit him once, and watch him leave you in the dust. he may cap, but at least you did more damage to him w/ the one auto attack you got in.
    or, you can use that little bit of situational utility to help your team out and keep him from running at top speed.
    That is what teammates are for, Each and every teammate has a method to a control the carriers speed it's not what you are meant to be doing as a Paladin it's not really a tool in your toolbox. Your job as a Ret Paladin is likely to be assist and click fast to return the flag not snare.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-21 at 07:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

so you complain about loss/lack of utility, and you're saying you wouldn't use this? wow. just, wow.
    you wouldn't switch to justice to keep that cheetah from running away?
    absolutely mind boggling
    you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

It means that -you- fail. Some people clearly make it work, but you guys keep going "NO! NO! LIES! ALL LIES!! That's the ONLY possible explanation for why you do well while I don't!!".
    You don't seem to even consider for one second that the problem just might lie with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    seeing your sig,i find your hypocrisy astounding.
    nevertheless,maybe the tone was a lil off here and there,but i stated enough times how things could be changed.
    you seem to have missed it,master of a degenerated sense of humor,and please spare me the details of your incompetence.

anyway,i dont see how rets skill curve has gone up if all the things that made a good ret differ from a bad(dispells at the right time,sacred shield procs utilized with flash of light)
    have been removed.and how is heavily-rng-based dmg skillful at all in pvp?

whatever,rets arena-representation will be even lower,and serious rated bg teams will have no reason to have them.by that time i will long be prot and you people can wipe on heroics and raids that i have long on farm,while i have more utility as prot in rated bgs aswell.
    I definitely agree with a lot of what you say, Everything that made a strong Ret strong is gone sure we have a spell interrupt now that isn't why you were chosen to be on an arena team as Ret you were chosen for quick dispels, assisting on damage and a great big toolbox of utilities.

It's cool though we can interrupt now so somehow that makes the class more skillful.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    so you complain about loss/lack of utility, and you're saying you wouldn't use this? wow. just, wow.
    you wouldn't switch to justice to keep that cheetah from running away?
    absolutely mind boggling
    No because if i'm playing my position properly that shouldn't be my job I should however be keeping freedom on my Warrior partner so he can kept the Druid slowed down. See here is the issue as Ret if you actually played it you would know when you are running behind someone the common error message you hear is " not in range " your just out of auto attack range the entire time. Now this can be due to latency or a number of other issues but if you think you have a chance of keeping a druid in check with Seal of Justice by all means have fun with it.

Judgement of Justice > Seal of Justice just another utility we lost and in turn they gave us a pile of shit.

But it's understandable you might not actually understand how Ret works I didn't expect you to.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-21 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Requital. You got tools you are not using. Cause it costs you a global. You seem like a really good paladin in my eyes. Guess this is why you prefered the old ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aonix View Post
    imo yes, but however out of the two dps dk's frost is more fun.

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order