Deleted

New to Shaman Ele PVP

So yeah sounds pathetic... but i am a total noob when it comes to PVP. I currently have a ele shaman in 251 ICC Gear. For PVP gear i currently have, Wrathful Gladiator's Spellblade, Wrathful Gladiator's Barrier (Enchanted with 25 + Intellect), Relentless Gladiator's Mail Gauntlet's and finally Relentless Gladiator's Mail Spaulders. I think i have done right so far and i am lasting a wee bit longer in Battle grounds lol :P Anyway thanks in advanced.

Blow shit up with your pve rotation

Unfortunately, the talent point allocations (inability to get instant Ghost Wolf) will taint your learning experience with Ele. The spec is largely about kiting, interrupting, and careful totem timing, but for now you'll just have to rely on the disproportionate heals from Healing Surge and play as a turret.

I'd try to hide in the bushes and not use chain lightning if I were you :P

Drop stoneclaw when you anticipate combat, the (glyphed) absorb is a free head start. Use grounding to protect your casts, and try to apply your Hex to classes that can decurse. Bind elemental is good times vs. the onslaught of FotM icelance spamming mages. PURGE EVERYTHING. Most raid-wide buffs aren't as powerful as they were, but wiping class specific buffs can cripple their attacks. Ensure your wind shear is prefaced with a /stopcasting macro. Select victims with large mana pools - they're less likely to have resil and will die much faster, particularly with your lack of gear.

Or just spam your PvE rotation and be like the countless other bad Ele shaman I see hovering around LM / EotS flags waiting to thunderstorm and giggle like girls.

Become religious and start praying to the RNG god and I'm sure you'll be OK.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see a question in his post....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    So yeah sounds pathetic... but i am a total noob when it comes to PVP. I currently have a ele shaman in 251 ICC Gear. For PVP gear i currently have, Wrathful Gladiator's Spellblade, Wrathful Gladiator's Barrier (Enchanted with 25 + Intellect), Relentless Gladiator's Mail Gauntlet's and finally Relentless Gladiator's Mail Spaulders. I think i have done right so far and i am lasting a wee bit longer in Battle grounds lol :P Anyway thanks in advanced.
    And this thread is about... ?

Like previously mentioned, where is any kind of question in your post?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ele pvp is kinda fun, I always win the total death statistics.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanteslem View Post
    Ele pvp is kinda fun, I always win the total death statistics.
    lol'd so hard.

Anyways, PvP atm is harder then before simply because we lack instant ghost wolf.

And as was said before, blow shit up with a simple priority:

1: Flame Shock? Yes = step 2, no = FLAME SHOCK
    2: Lava Burst? Yes = awesome! back to step one, no = step 3
    3: Did it overload? Yes = Everything went better then expected, no = FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu (get more mastery)
    4: Is your targets moving towards you? Yes = FULMINATE THAT BITCH, No = FULMINATE IT ANYWAY
    5: Did it die? Yes = Skill bro, No = WTF NERF [Class]
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

If you really want to get good, watch some videos and read PvP forums that aren't MMO Champion. Most players roll Ele Shaman to cast the Lava Burst spell and blow people up in BGs. Unfortunately, the spec is largely about kiting and running away, while planning your burst around your cooldowns and keeping up your debuffs on the target. A lot of players never ta ke the time to learn this and thus get owned in BGs because Ele shamans are pretty squishy if you don't play defensively. Also keep in mind that one of the main PvP talents, instant Ghost Wolf, is not available until you get higher than level 80, so you won't be learning the full capability of the class until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Failing at Ele in PVP is like failing at playing Ret and DKs in 3.0

It just doesn't happen....or playing an Arcane Mage now

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frygar View Post
    If you really want to get good, watch some videos and read PvP forums that aren't MMO Champion. Most players roll Ele Shaman to cast the Lava Burst spell and blow people up in BGs. Unfortunately, the spec is largely about kiting and running away, while planning your burst around your cooldowns and keeping up your debuffs on the target. A lot of players never ta ke the time to learn this and thus get owned in BGs because Ele shamans are pretty squishy if you don't play defensively. Also keep in mind that one of the main PvP talents, instant Ghost Wolf, is not available until you get higher than level 80, so you won't be learning the full capability of the class until then.
    100% truth right here.

Elemental is nothing more, and nothing less then the pure art of kiting, feigning and timing.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted
    In our current state our best bet is to just blow shit up. You'll dominate most classes anyhow. I tank most melee except rogues.