Affliction: Felhunter vs Succubus?

Hey all, I've been doing a lot of research lately that has left me with one simple question, whether that be going with the classic Affliction pet the Felhunter, or try the Succubus with the Prime Glyph that increases its damage by 25%. Any type of feedback would be a huge help!

Succy all the way with the glyph
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

Deleted
    I don't see why warlocks should ever use the felhunter again after the nerf, both in PvE and PvP. Succubus all the way, baby!

thanks all for the comments!

Feels good to finally bring back she-devil. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that she provides better dps than the felhunter now, it's good to change things up a little now and again. Half the raid flirts with her though, even though I don't recall having her cast seduce...

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

For now Succubus > Felhunter but we will have to switch back to Felhunter when raiding in Cata because of the CD from Felhunter which give 20% dmg to all dot for 20sec and also felhunter will got the buff 15&dmg from demo talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdoom View Post
    For now Succubus > Felhunter but we will have to switch back to Felhunter when raiding in Cata because of the CD from Felhunter which give 20% dmg to all dot for 20sec and also felhunter will got the buff 15&dmg from demo talent.
    I don't recall the exact blue post, but I seem to remember the blues stating they want to make the Succubus and Felhunter interchangeable depending on the specific encounter, but dps wise they will be very similiar (with a very slight edge to felhunter)

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Succubus dies too much

I've found that right now 4.03 that the devil chick does alot more dmg when glyphed and she also dies alot which makes it where ya cant use your CD so ..... for certain fights i use the old devil dog mostly when the raid needs some regen , wonder why succubus doesn't attack from the same spots as all other pets behind the boss. Any ideas or if i may be wrong i m looking for ideas. -Cheers-

Interchangeable is fine, but for the utility without taking a huge dps loss.
    But when the Succubus is outperforming consistently what should be the go-to choices for other specs then there is something very wrong.
    I should choose Succubus for affliction because I need the CC, not because it is the greater DPS.

Either when we no longer need to spec isf and spec the demo talent that buffs the puppy or as we get better gear and the felhunter demo soul becomes more attractive the succy will probably lose its spot, likewise for the demo demon soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the change per encounter, we're looking at Soul Burn: Seed of Corruption + Demon Soul for AoE encounters. Succubus will be default in most other cases, but if you have a long execute, Soul Burn switching for that last 25% may be worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    I don't see why warlocks should ever use the felhunter again after the nerf, both in PvE and PvP. Succubus all the way, baby!
    Isn't fel's CS superior to succubus' seduce in most situations in pvp for affl?

Quote Originally Posted by Libranius View Post
    Isn't fel's CS superior to succubus' seduce in most situations in pvp for affl?
    Depends on the comp, but mostly yes. Seduce is nice for Rogues though, and Whiplash is way too ignored.

i thnk their damage should be clore to each other so that people can choose between them.but felhunter's dps being too low is unacceptable since it is the pet that our demon soul made for when playing affliction.i hope they bring some changes with the upcoming patch.

Quote Originally Posted by dammittman View Post
    I've found that right now 4.03 that the devil chick does alot more dmg when glyphed and she also dies alot which makes it where ya cant use your CD so ..... for certain fights i use the old devil dog mostly when the raid needs some regen , wonder why succubus doesn't attack from the same spots as all other pets behind the boss. Any ideas or if i may be wrong i m looking for ideas. -Cheers-
    The succubus is no longer a mele pet and now acts more like a caster. Her lash of pain ability now has a short rang and causes shadow damage rather than physical damage, so it's no longer nessisary for her to be behind the boss, as mele usualy like to hang out back there to avoid being parried. As for her dieing a lot, i have no idea xD She actualy does more damage than the felhunter if you have the glyph, but i find that she goes oom a lot and can't do anything after going oom, even when i turn off her other abilities. But i hope that gets better when i cap level and start raiding.
    Last edited by kanick3000; 2011-10-02 at 02:17 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe necro'd twice. First by 3 months and then by 10 months :P awesome.