Questions re: new raid interface

I've seen a couple videos of the new raid interface, and it's very pretty. Looks a lot like Grid. I don't have an active WoW account right now, let alone access to beta, so I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions for me, or link me to the info.

1. Is the new raid interface included in the new live patch, or will it only be released with cata?
    2. I'm unclear on buff/debuff tracking. Can you choose to display icons for one or the other or both, or does it default to something specific (buffs only, in the vids I've seen)?
    3. Does the new interface have any sort of "cleansable debuff tracking" built in?
    4. UI addons (grid, vuhdo, etc) and the new raid interface: how do they mix? Do they still need to fully hide the WoW raid interface and draw their own frames? Is it possible to interact with and/or tweak the new default frames to add additional functionality?
    5. I saw something about role labels (with role check), but can you choose to sort the raid by role?
    6. Just how flexible is it? Can I get a link to the available options, for the raid lead and otherwise?

Deleted
    1. Yes
    3. Think so
    4. They hide it
    5. At least on beta I think you could

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    1. Yes
    3. Think so
    4. They hide it
    5. At least on beta I think you could
    Very curt, but thank you. Any other replies are also appreciated

1. it's in 4.0.1
    2. it shows both debuffs and buffs. debuffs in the bottomleft corner, also shows stacks. In the bottomright corner buffs are shown, like hots. I've also seen others peoples (druid-hots in my case) buffs.
    3. yes, I believe this is shown by a blue-ish circle-thingie in topright corner
    4. not been using and other raidframes since the patch. Used grid2 before. dunno about addons tweaking the default raidframes, but you can change a little bit, width and height can be changed separately, incoming heals (y/n), borders (y/n), manabars (y/n), HPs (can also shown as percentage I think, not been trying this).
    5. yes, raid can be sorted by roles. I'm not sure how the roles are chosen, might be by spec. MTs are ofcourse assigned. MT's target and targetoftarget are shown.
    6. not very flexible, apart from the mentioned options above, not much can be changed in-game. Maybe addon writers could make addons to tweak them.
    Last edited by Meluda; 2010-10-19 at 08:28 AM.
    main: Saitha - lvl 85 Druid (Feral/Resto)
    alt: Meluda - lvl 85 Hunter (Survival/Beastmaster)

I am not sure about the debuff highlighting in use, but here is a video going over the basic functionality.

As a raid leader I can tell you that you are able to set a "Role Check" to assign roles via the new raid interface.

I was in a raid yesterday, and I was able to set my own role. As were the other members, so it seems you are able to do so yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by harizon View Post
    I was in a raid yesterday, and I was able to set my own role. As were the other members, so it seems you are able to do so yourself.

That is what I meant by role check... It allows you to select the role you are filling in the raid. Srry if I was unclear