High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow Latency Problem Since v4.0

Hello all,

Ever since patch 4.0 i have had massive lag issues so much that at time it will not let me play the game, the lag seems to be happening whenever i cast spells.

What's strange is i can see my raid moving around fine infront of me and then as soon as i try to cast i get disconnected in raids and can't generally do anything around the general world.

I have contacted blizzard through the ingame report lag function (i don't think this works to be honest) but i am curious to find out if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Additional - this is happening on both my machines me and a friend play from the place we live at the same time.

I have ran connection tests whenever i get the lag - these all come back correctly and i can still play SC2 while wow is lagging out continuously.

checked the router - i have 3 routers and all 3 experience the same problem.

if anyone has any suggestions or the same problem please help.

Thanks

Flob

it might be an outdated addon that causes latency( or in other cases low fps). you can use the Curse.com client to make updating easier and faster.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2010-10-19 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Same thing is happening to me. And i doubt its an addon, updated every addon to the 4.0.1 version, others disabled. Tryed using the report lag function, didnt work for me also.
    Impossible to play in a BG or raid.

Deleted
    disable all addons and try, if that doesnt work then cry urself to sleep. (or check that its only WoW lagging)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have removed all addons same issue is still happening.

Kebab - do you know of any other way to let blizzard know about the issue (paged a GM they rejected it and told me to use the report lag function)

Edit - all other games run fine, starcraft2, CS: source the net connection is spot on it's definitely wow as this popped up as soon as 4.0.1 was released.

delete your wtf, cache and interface folders, thats what fixed fps and lag problem for me.

You might have a corrupted file somewhere. Try deleting wtf, cache and interface folders first. If that doesn't work, run the repair tool. If that doesn't work, you might need to try full reinstall.

Deleted
    TomTom or Zygor

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    You might have a corrupted file somewhere. Try deleting wtf, cache and interface folders first. If that doesn't work, run the repair tool. If that doesn't work, you might need to try full reinstall.
    i have done this.

The issue is not constant it only happens every now and then during a day mainly between 5-8pm.. but it's not my connection.

Edit - not done full re-install
    Last edited by Floboduck; 2010-10-19 at 01:59 PM.

The lag comes from all the retarded whiners who left the game a few months ago just so they can cry and scream how much they hate the game, but now decided to come back.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floboduck View Post
    Hello all,

Ever since patch 4.0 i have had massive lag issues so much that at time it will not let me play the game, the lag seems to be happening whenever i cast spells.

What's strange is i can see my raid moving around fine infront of me and then as soon as i try to cast i get disconnected in raids and can't generally do anything around the general world.

I have contacted blizzard through the ingame report lag function (i don't think this works to be honest) but i am curious to find out if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Additional - this is happening on both my machines me and a friend play from the place we live at the same time.

I have ran connection tests whenever i get the lag - these all come back correctly and i can still play SC2 while wow is lagging out continuously.

checked the router - i have 3 routers and all 3 experience the same problem.

if anyone has any suggestions or the same problem please help.

Thanks

Flob
    Lag refers to above normal response time between client and server. An example of lag is let's say you normally cast and have a 250ms latency. Lag would be your latency being higher than 250, let's say 400 or 500. As lag gets worse your latency goes up. Lagging out usually occurs when the latency gets so high (the lag gets so bad) that the server drops your connection. This is usually shown as your raid running in place, you not being able to cast anything because the cast queue is there indefinitely etc etc.

What you are experiencing is definitely not lag, and calling it lag only serves to confuse the poor GMs. I would look more into file corruption causing the game to crash, or possibly even an incomplete patch. If the file you request is corrupted or not there, the game will crash because it cannot return any value for the called function.

A complete reinstall of WoW may be required. If you want to test this have someone who doesn't seem to be having the problem bring their computer over (preferably a laptop for ease of user) and try playing WoW. If they can play fine, it's most likely a file problem.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    The lag comes from all the retarded whiners who left the game a few months ago just so they can cry and scream how much they hate the game, but now decided to come back.
    This^^

Framerate in Dalaran open spaces is single-digits... e.g 8 or 9 frames-per-second.

but if I move to a secluded area - like the herbalism or scribe trainers = frame-rate jumps to mid-30s.

Makes me think it is a video issue, but I've disabled all add-ons, lowered video settings to Good, but I still have problems in a crowded areas like Dal or Ironforge.

Funny that I'm getting better rates in Beta.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floboduck View Post
    i have done this.

The issue is not constant it only happens every now and then during a day mainly between 5-8pm.. but it's not my connection.
    Heh just saw this. It may still be your connection. If a lot of people are on the internet at 5-8pm it may be causing you to disconnect due to high traffic. Sometimes ISPs also limit the bandwidth you can use during primetime hours.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for all the help here guys but i have tested a lot fo this connection has been tested i actually have several machine sin my house running seperate installs of wow which made me think connection but i have ran connection tests and contacted my ISP directly ran 1shot's etc. there's no problems during this time except in wow.

File corruption seems to be a possibility currently at work will dump cahce, wtf, interface folders tonight and see what happens if this does not resolve it will have to dig out my discs and do a re-install... never fun.

Flob