Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Beta Build 13202, Raid Loot, Blizzcon, Class Changes, Blue Posts

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13202 (Codename Pumpkin)
    A wild beta build appears! It might or might not be deployed on beta servers soon depending on Blizzard's mood and raid testing.

Achievements Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Guild Achievements
    • Profit Sharing now requires 100,000 gold, up from 50,000 gold. Now rewards the Guild Herald companion pet.
    • Saving For A Rainy Day now requires 200,000 gold, up from 100,000 gold. No longer rewards the Guild Herald companion pet.

Dungeons & Raids

Player vs. Player
    Spell Changes

Guild Perks
    • Bartering now reduces the price of items from all vendors by 10%, up from 5%.

Companion Pets

Enchanting

Engineering

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Feral
    • Rip now scales from 18/37/55/74/92% of Attack Power depending on combo points, up from 8/16/24/32/40%.
    • Ferocious Bite now scales from 10.9/21.8/32.7/43.6/54.5% of Attack Power depending on combo points, up from 7/14/21/28/35%.
    • Rake now causes scales from 2% of Attack Power for bleed damage, up from 1%. Now scales from 42% of AP for additional bleed damage over 9 sec, up from 18% of AP.
    • Mangle additional damage has been increased from 726 to 1136.
    • Vengeance - Entering Cat Form will cancel this effect.

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arcane

Fire

Frost

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy

Protection

Retribution

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy

Shadow
    • Mind Soothe now also affects Dragonkin. Does not cause threat.
    • Shadow Word: Death now deals three times as much damage to targets below 25% health.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Affliction
    • Seed of Corruption now deals 567 to 660 to all enemies within 15 yards, down from 1186 to 1379.

Demonology
    • Summon Infernal now deals 438 to 494 fire damage when it lands, up from 29.

Destruction
    • Incinerate now deals 579 to 673 Fire Damage and an additional 96 to 112 Fire damage if the target is affected by Immolate. Changed from 540 to 627 with an additional 135 to 156.
    • Rain of Fire now deals 2455 Fire damage over 8 sec, up from 1890.

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    • Taste for Blood will not occur more than once every 5 sec, down from 6 sec.

Cataclysm Raid Loot Update
    Last night's testing revealed more loot on beta servers!

ilvlTypeSpecSlotItem
    359AxePhys.DPSOff-HandMaimgor's Bite
    359CrossbowPhys.DPSRangedDragonheart Piercer
    359DaggerSpell DPSMain HandIncineratus
    359DaggerSpell DPSMain HandBlade of the Witching Hour
    359FingerMeleeFingerRing of Rivalry
    359Fist Weap.MeleeOff-HandBlackwing Descent Trash Loot Strength Fist Weapon - Set
    359Fist Weap.Phys.DPSMain HandBlackwing Descent Trash Loot Agility Fist Weapon - Set
    359MaceMeleeTwo-HandAkirus the Worm-Breaker
    359SwordMeleeOne-HandLava Spine
    359SwordPhys.DPSOne-HandFang of Twilight
    359SwordSpell DPSMain HandMaldo's Sword Cane
    359PlateHealChestBreastplate of Avenging Flame
    359PlateMeleeFeetTreads of Savage Beatings
    359PlateTankFeetMolten Tantrum Boots
    359PlateTankHeadDaybreaker Helm
    359PlateTankShoulderHeaving Plates of Protection
    359MailSpellLegsPhase-Twister Leggings
    359MailSpellWaistLifecycle Waistguard
    359MailSpellWaistWaistguard of Hatred
    359MailPhys.DPSLegsLeggings of Lethal Force
    359LeatherSpellChestScorched Wormling Vest
    359LeatherPhys.DPSHeadTsanga's Helm
    359LeatherPhys.DPSWristParasitic Bands
    359ClothHealHeadHelm of Eldritch Authority
    359ClothSpell DPSLegsFlame Pillar Leggings
    359ClothSpell DPSWristBracers of the Dark Pool
    359CloakTankBackIronstar's Impenetrable Cover
    359CloakSpell SpiritBackDrape of the Twins
    359NeckPhys.DPSNeckNecklace of Strife
    359NeckSpell DPSNeckValiona's Medallion
    359TrinketTankTrinketVial of Stolen Memories
    359TrinketSpell DPSTrinketTheralion's Mirror
    359TrinketTankTrinketSymbiotic Worm

BlizzCon 2010 Begins This Week
    BlizzCon is indeed this week and you can expect a full coverage of the event on MMO-Champion!
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker)
    Are you ready for BlizzCon 2010? Blizzard Entertainment's two-day gaming festival begins this Friday, October 22, at the Anaheim Convention Center. The sold-out show features developer discussion panels, top-tier tournament competition, the popular costume and dance contests hosted by Jay Mohr, an epic closing concert starring Tenacious D, and much more.

You can still join us from home by purchasing a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket (http://blizzcon.rayv.com), featuring more than 50 hours of live HD coverage as well as the exclusive BlizzCon 2010 World of Warcraft pet and StarCraft II in-game items. The Virtual Ticket is available globally via Internet stream and also through DIRECTV in the U.S. For more information, read our recent press release (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/news/?d=2010-10#180800) or visit BlizzCon.com (http://blizzcon.com).

Beta Raid Testing Schedule for Oct. 19
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    Yet more raid testing!

There will be two sessions, an EU session starting at 11AM server time (PDT), and a US timed session at 4PM server time (PDT). We'll open the zones on all Beta realms (including KR!) for both sessions, and possibly longer.

The following encounters will be tested:

Maloriak in Blackwing Descent
    Atramedes in Blackwing Descent

Blackwing Descent is a raid zone with an entrance located along the side of Blackrock Mountain.

Since these are the beta realms, this schedule is subject to change at a moment's notice due to bugs and server issues. More raid tests will be occurring over the next few weeks.

Class balance as of Oct 18, 2010
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We are going to take the resilience buff down a little.

It should end up as a 25% buff from where it stood originally, not a 50% buff. For point of comparison, maxing out resilience before our first hotfix reduced damage by ~50%. After out hotfix, the damage reduction with max resilience was 80%. With this most recent change, damage reduction with max resilience will go down to 60%.

Part of what is going on here is that we don't want newly leveled characters to explode in PvP, while still making sure that well-geared characters aren't invulnerable. The current resilience curve makes that a tricky thing to balance. Perhaps in the future resilience needs diminishing returns so that it doesn't keep getting better and better the more you have.

While we don't have any additional announcements to make at this time, there are some additional balance tweaks we're working on. Some of our adjustments at level 80 ended up causing certain classes to be overpowered or underpowered at level 85.

Cataclysm System Requirements
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    In preparation for the launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we have updated our recommended minimum system requirements. These new requirements correspond with patch 4.0.1. We suggest players check out our related support article for all of the details to ensure your gameplay experience is as ideal as possible.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21054

Cataclysm Preview: The Stonecore
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker)
    What mysteries await within the Temple of Earth? Journey to the heart of Deepholm in our latest dungeon preview featuring the Stonecore. Considered sacred by the Twilight’s Hammer followers and acting as a haven to the elements of earth, this level 82-84 dungeon will not relinquish its secrets easily.

Learn more on our new preview page: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...stonecore.html

Blue Posts
    What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been 310% Hotfix
    The hotfix is scheduled to go live tonight. (Source)

Missing Glyphs in 4.0.1
    The missing glyphs we know of are Mage Armor, Long Word and possibly Vanish. The others have been found through discovery as far as we know. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Unshifting clears Vengeance
    We could make shifting to Cat clear Vengeance but let it stay on in caster form. We're only paranoid about Cat AP for obvious reasons. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy Paladins on Beta
    After looking at more of the raid attempts on beta, we are worried that Holy paladins are doing too much area healing and not enough single target healing.

While we definitely want to scoot paladins away from their Lich King monopoly on tank healing and towards raid healing, we don't want to go too far. We're thinking about nerfing Holy Radiance and buffing single target healing. Again, the goal is not that Holy paladins only ever heal the tank, but we want them to actually be able to heal the tank as well.

On Holy Radiance, we think the 20 yard range shifted the spell from one where position was relevant to just blowing it on cooldown. We'll probably keep the 20 yard radius, but have a falloff to where the healing is highest within 8-10 yards of the paladin. This will also help the spell stay relevant in 5-player dungeons without being overpowered in larger raids. The cap for Holy Radiance (and Healing Rain for that matter) also aren't working correctly at the moment.

If we decide to buff single target healing, it would probably just be points on the 5 direct heals. We think Beacon is in a good place and aren't looking to overhaul the overall Holy mechanics. It's just a numbers issue.

Judging Seal of Insight (a change I alluded to earlier) will help with mana problems, especially when Divine Plea is on cooldown or you're nervous about using it. (Source)

Beacon of Light Nerf
    We thought Beacon was overpowered when the paladin could literally heal two targets to 100% at once. In that era, there was never a reason to heal the Beaconed target. Not only was it powerful, it was really easy and required little action or decision on the part of the paladin. Having the Beacon splash some healing onto a target who may or may not need it feels balance-able to us. It means the paladin still needs to decide when to heal the Beaconed target indirectly (i.e. use Beacon) or when to heal them directly. It means there is the risk of doing the wrong thing, which could mean switching Beacon when you shouldn't have or healing the Beacon when you should have healed someone else. (Source)

Mage nerf was a cool break while it lasted....

Back to business i guess, let the QQ re-commence

But the holy nova nerf... wtf is the point of first making it really useful in raid-environment, and then gimping it down again... /facedesk
    Last edited by KevyB; 2010-10-19 at 09:20 AM.

Wait.. aren't those mage changes a reverse of the incoming "nerf"?

Is it old news that at least one piece of the Blizzcon goodiebag-stuff has been leaked?

"Fire Mages, Shadow Priests, and Destruction Warlocks do too much DPS." undoes it

Hey Blizz, there is a class that is broken ATM. Its enhancement shaman. Stop ignoring it. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. aren't those mage changes a reverse of the incoming "nerf"?
    That nerf is on live wasn't it (It was their hotfix they did last week). This is for beta, and reserves it back.

Fist weapon set. Fuck yeah!

Deleted
    Oh noes, SoC nerf!

10+ Year Old Account
    They've obviously concluded that the mastery bonus isn't the problem. The trees themselves will probably be getting various nerfs instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardian of Ancient Kings still useless. No surprise there. What were we supposed to do with it, again?

Less set-it-and-forget-it passive healing and more active healing makes for a less bored holy paladin.

I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkus View Post
    Guardian of Ancient Kings still useless for ret paladins. No surprise there. What were we supposed to do with it, again?
    needed an important clarification there.

Before the nerf it was... what? Meleeing for 1,000 damage a swing? When everything has 100k HP pools?

I wonder if they altered the way it scales with the paladin's stats, though.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2010-10-19 at 09:36 AM.

Pardon my specialness in not knowing, but what classes could use a slow offhand fist weapon with strength? Dont shammies use agi?

I would absolutely LOVE blizz if they give dk's fist weapons. lol. I mean seriously, why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Hey Blizz, there is a class that is broken ATM. Its enhancement shaman. Stop ignoring it. Thanks
    Hi, you must be new here. Chairs are over there, refreshments are served promptly on the hour every two hours.

Enhancement shamans have been "making do" with their class adjustments/nerfs for what? Three expansions now. We're blissfully mediocre DPS until something comes along that makes us explode in PURE DPS AWESUM (Feral Spirits, LvB on MW, changes to WF/FT that make logical sense, etc), then Blizzard goes "whoa whoa whoa whoa, dial that back, there, kiddos", and we're brought back in line. It's just the way of the shaman class, really. We're the only hybrid out there that really follows the "jack of all trades, master of none" line Blizzard was following with their so-called "hybrid tax". Then again, we're more a halfassed hybrid like Warriors or DKs.

Really though, the best thing any shaman (especially Enhancement) can do is hold on to their yarmulke and wait for that gentle *woosh* of air that is being passed over. Hell, we're lucky we got anything other than a new Stormstrike icon. ...although, I guess the strange lightning bolt graphic thinger for the Power Auras counts ... fml.

Deleted
    I've noticed that no-one's yet commented on the new bosses that were looked at last night, so thought I'd share these videos with you of the Yogscast checking out the three bosses that Blizzard revealed last night. We did our best to work out the strategies, but I think you'll agree they all look pretty badass!

(all videos are in a playlist, so I'll just link you the first)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mezmir View Post
    Pardon my specialness in not knowing, but what classes could use a slow offhand fist weapon with strength? Dont shammies use agi?

I would absolutely LOVE blizz if they give dk's fist weapons. lol. I mean seriously, why not.
    I said the same thing (about the weapon speed/stat), then I recalled Single Minded Fury for Warriors and herped till I derped.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    They've obviously concluded that the mastery bonus isn't the problem. The trees themselves will probably be getting various nerfs instead
    That's what I was thinking, too. New Shatter's probably approaching the chopping block...

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Fist weapon set. Fuck yeah!
    IMO if it dosen't have a proc to turn you into some giant freaking drakanoid or some other animal it's not worth it. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomadia View Post
    I've noticed that no-one's yet commented on the new bosses that were looked at last night, so thought I'd share these videos with you of the Yogscast checking out the three bosses that Blizzard revealed last night. We did our best to work out the strategies, but I think you'll agree they all look pretty badass!

Thanks for the video link, that looks a great fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomadia View Post

Yeah, I saw those up on my youtube subscriptions earlier. I loved the look at the Al'Aqir's 3 djinn guards, that fight looks like it'll be loads of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    the system requirements are lower the i thought....You guys think that 2 GB are really enough to play cata at ultra? I need an advice because i meet all requirements but i was kinda sure to have to upgrade my ram to 4 gb!!!! Suggestion needed guys!!