Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Affliction nerfed.. AGAIN!

Affliction

* Seed of Corruption now deals 567 to 660 to all enemies within 15 yards, down from 1186 to 1379.
    RIP Affliction

cus aoe > all amiright ....

Quote Originally Posted by RunescapeLOL View Post
    RIP Affliction
    Why because an aoe ability got nerfed...I guess hunters should quit playing aswell, oh and dont forget about mages and only being able to use 1 rank of flamestrike on packs now..Im guessing its due to the fact that cata is focused more on single target dmg rather than an aoe fest, but thats just a guess.

It's not just that try-hard troll dolls, this thread is just the icing of nerfs Affliction have been delivered since they started announcing class changes. and no Seed of Corruption doesn't kill Affliction, the piling amounts of nerfs will. They all count..

Balance not nerfs. All classes will be recieving balancing over the coming months.

I laughed.

afaik SoC didn't even do a lot of dps...

SOC was a great pvp tool though

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Balance not nerfs. All classes will be recieving balancing over the coming months.
    well Affliction is starting to become over balanced LOL

It's not just that try-hard troll dolls, this thread is just the icing of nerfs Affliction have been delivered since they started announcing class changes. and no Seed of Corruption doesn't kill Affliction, the piling amounts of nerfs will. They all count..
    So because we dont agree with you that the nerf to Seed killed affliction, we are trolls...Nice logic. All classes/specs are getting adjusted, contrary to popular belief, blizzard does know what they are doing, weather or not you agree with it means jack all, you dont become a multi billion (im gonna guess) dollar company with a bunch of mouth breathing water heads desinging your cash cow. Just sit tight, un bunch your panites and wait for cata.

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayShaman View Post
    So because we dont agree with you that the nerf to Seed killed affliction, we are trolls...Nice logic. All classes/specs are getting adjusted, contrary to popular belief, blizzard does know what they are doing, weather or not you agree with it means jack all, you dont become a multi billion (im gonna guess) dollar company with a bunch of mouth breathing water heads desinging your cash cow. Just sit tight, un bunch your panites and wait for cata.
    So are you a troll or do you selectively read?

you said this:
    So because we dont agree with you that the nerf to Seed killed affliction
    in reply to this:
    and no Seed of Corruption doesn't kill Affliction, the piling amounts of nerfs will. They all count..
    Please, when you are going to reply to me or anyone else and attempt to start an argument, debate, or whatever else, read what they say before you speak..

So far through the "nerfs" my locks dps has not dropped below what it was before patch, if anything it's gone up. If anything they nerfed it because the soulburn effect is a beast on big pulls. I'll take a hit in aoe as long as my boss damage stays constant. QQing over this is just silly.

Deleted
    These are beta changes. They are not affecting you right now and they will not affect you until Cataclysm has been released and you are L. 85. Until then some more changes will happen.

This thread isn't QQ, there is no posts with me complaining about it.. I'm not even an Affliction lock, anymore. This thread is just me adding a bit more to the eulogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runescapelol View Post
    soc was a great pvp tool though

---------- post added 2010-10-19 at 07:49 pm ----------

well affliction is starting to become over balanced lol
    lol

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just that try-hard troll dolls
    I now instantly hate you.

PRO-FUCKING-TIP : When someone makes a valid point that counters yours, they are not a troll, they are just another person with an opionion
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Why would you use seed for AOE when you can soulburn (or shadowburn of whatever it's called) seed and cast AOE CORRUPTION on everything- and it isn't affected by the AOE cap?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction is my favorite spec in wotlk, although i highly doubt that it will be even playable in cataclysm. 3sec Drain-life ? they're gotta be kidding me. Pointless changes are pointless.

Ok, so, my girlfriend plays an affliction lock, which she played pre patch too. So, I went through these nerfs to check, and all I found was where drain soul is double damage and not quadruple below 25, and the seed nerf, as far as dps goes. No nerfs to haunt, UA, Corruption, nothing like that. Just those two.

So, what nerfs am I missing? Or, are you just sad you can't crit for over 50K with drain soul anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    I now instantly hate you.

PRO-FUCKING-TIP : When someone makes a valid point that counters yours, they are not a troll, they are just another person with an opionion
    Pro-fucking-tip: Read up where he said that I said SOC nerf was an Affliction killer, when the post he quoted CLEARLY stated that I said SOC nerf WASNT an Affliction killer. So sorry "Beno", this cancels out any valid point he makes since it proves he doesn't know what he is talking about

rage less, you will live longer

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharkov View Post
    Ok, so, my girlfriend plays an affliction lock, which she played pre patch too. So, I went through these nerfs to check, and all I found was where drain soul is double damage and not quadruple below 25, and the seed nerf, as far as dps goes. No nerfs to haunt, UA, Corruption, nothing like that. Just those two.

So, what nerfs am I missing? Or, are you just sad you can't crit for over 50K with drain soul anymore?
    Siphon Life was nerfed, thats what made me leave Affliction, the survivability that we had is no longer there. I blame the mass amoutns of people bragging about drain tanking

So, wait, the affliction nerfs are pvp nerfs then? I'm seriously asking, because I can't see how this would affect raiding nearly that badly.