Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Oh, boohoo, SoC got brought in line with the others. Maybe it's time to learn to do single-target dps, too?

wait....SoC ( if talented ) applies Corruption on all targets it hits....I think this nerf is fully justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As to the comments about Mages; they look to be in a very odd place right now, since it's not worth them casting anything but Arcane Blast. For them to get those 40k crits though, they basically have to align every proc and cooldown perfectly, which if it doesn't work out for them puts them in a very weak position for some time afterward. They may only need to spam 1 button for damage at the moment, but there is still a glaring void between good ones and average ones.
    You talk like 40k is the highest crit arcane mages can do atm... if they get everything right they can crit for at least 70k. 40k is nothing.

And if they only have to press 1 button, how the hell can you even see a difference between a good arcane mage and a bad 1? Arcane is so faceroll atm words cannot describe it. Seriously i get a headache every time i read your posts...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    chad they are getting nerfed. take a chill pill. if forums about a game give you a headache you may need a stress ball or something lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfs come and nerfs go, buffs come and buffs go. I learned a long time ago if you refuse to spec anything but your favorite tree, then you only gimp yourself as Blizzard constantly adjusts things. The best one can do is LOOK IT OVER, and hold your staff proud because damnit all it, my staff is a good one.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

The amount of baseless hysteria in this thread is more than a little appalling >.>

IT'S A GOD DAMNED AOE PEOPLE. CHILL THE FUCK OUT. I'm not even bothering with aff anymore now destro is so fun to play, but if THIS is somehow the final straw for you with regard to warlock nerfs, maybe you should go back to sucking on your juice boxes and leave the game to more emotionally stable people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    You talk like 40k is the highest crit arcane mages can do atm... if they get everything right they can crit for at least 70k. 40k is nothing.

And if they only have to press 1 button, how the hell can you even see a difference between a good arcane mage and a bad 1? Arcane is so faceroll atm words cannot describe it. Seriously i get a headache every time i read your posts...
    You can tell the difference, when gear for gear things are roughly equal, but one is 5k DPS ahead of the other.

There are affliction locks pull 15k dps in 10 icc unbuffed right now. Stop whining. This isn't nerfs. This is balance. You are completely out of balance right now. If you thought you were intended to do 15k dps unbuffed frankly you're fucking dumber than shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phraun View Post
    The amount of baseless hysteria in this thread is more than a little appalling >.>

IT'S A GOD DAMNED AOE PEOPLE. CHILL THE FUCK OUT. I'm not even bothering with aff anymore now destro is so fun to play, but if THIS is somehow the final straw for you with regard to warlock nerfs, maybe you should go back to sucking on your juice boxes and leave the game to more emotionally stable people.
    I really think you should take some of your own advice, you sound more pissed off than the people whining about the nerf. Listen to some relaxing music to chill. May I suggest Constance Demby for the relaxing music artist choice?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    *turns on Enya*

10+ Year Old Account
    since when did SoC have anything to do with affliction besides the aoe, which we all know means fuck all, seriously if u got a problem with it, use rain of fire instead its funny enough just got its damaged raised, seriously why do u QQ about aoe, if u are using SoC in ur rotation u might want to seek help =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    since when did SoC have anything to do with affliction besides the aoe, which we all know means fuck all, seriously if u got a problem with it, use rain of fire instead its funny enough just got its damaged raised, seriously why do u QQ about aoe, if u are using SoC in ur rotation u might want to seek help =P
    There are actually multiple hard mode boss fights in ICC (and indeed Ulduar) which require the use of AoE. GC has stated on more than one occasion that that will continue to be the case moving into Cataclysm.

But, as I've already said, I can see why it's been nerfed because of the SB effect, so it's not exactly the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RunescapeLOL View Post
    RIP Affliction
    They're tweaking the numbers and putting some serious work into balancing the specs. It's beta, that's the whole idea. Can we collectively cut out the hyperbole every time something is changed on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by RunescapeLOL View Post
    Pro-fucking-tip: Read up where he said that I said SOC nerf was an Affliction killer, when the post he quoted CLEARLY stated that I said SOC nerf WASNT an Affliction killer. So sorry "Beno", this cancels out any valid point he makes since it proves he doesn't know what he is talking about

rage less, you will live longer

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 08:06 PM ----------

Siphon Life was nerfed, thats what made me leave Affliction, the survivability that we had is no longer there. I blame the mass amoutns of people bragging about drain tanking
    So an overpowered part of Affliction was nerfed?
    Problem?

If you're going to say a class is dead you should have a good reason for saying so. "RIP Affliction" is a moronic and overused validation. What other nerfs has it received that were NOT in response to a massively imbalanced mechanic or bug?
    Last edited by Minky; 2010-10-19 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    So an overpowered part of Affliction was nerfed?
    Problem?

If you're going to say a class is dead you should have a good reason for saying so. "RIP Affliction" is a moronic and overused validation. What other nerfs has it received that were NOT in response to a massively imbalanced mechanic or bug?
    I'm not even whining about the nerf to SoC, but I think you're the first person I've heard in YEARS say Siphon Life was OP. lol I also find it highly amusing you talk about moronic and overused statements then you pull the MASSIVELY IMBALANCED card out. You gonna whine about fear next?

Deleted
    locking for futility.