Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can tell the OP is a post-WotlK player, since he magically forgets that the exact same thing happened with 60 -> 70, and from 70 -> 80 wherein everything turned out fine; Yes, there were other bridge patches before this, and WoW didn't magically poof into existence with two expansions. Most post-WotlK nubs wouldn't recall that one week BT was nigh unpuggable on lower population servers, and the next week people were pugging up to Illidari Council. Hell, I remember pugging Kael'thas at 70 post-bridge patch.

Blows my mind how much ppl just dont fucking understand how stat scaleing works. Seriously? ZOMG MAGE IS DOING ALL THIS DAMAGE IN BiS GEAR THEY WILL BE JUST AS STRONG AT 85 IN BLUES I JUST KNOW IT. Honestly, has this game gotten so casual that ppl dont even understand the basics of how stats even work. Although i will agree that a few specs based around there 81 talent was kinda retarded on blizzards part.

Edit: ITT: Peeps from Vanilla rolling with the punches and post wotlk babies crying cause their world is coming down.
    Last edited by Scarletreturns; 2010-10-19 at 12:48 PM.

I'll get flamed for being too lazy to find the blue posts, but I know I've read that they are aware the game is unbalanced right now. They purposely released the new talent trees and talents to see how they would go over on live. They have already handed out a handfull of nerfs. And I'm sure more are on the way. Why they are using live servers instead of the beta is still a little annoying, so I will agree with you there, but it's a little naive to be all up in arms QQing when cata is still over a month away. They have also stated that cata WILL NOT be like Wrath where damage is insane and people are getting globaled, so my advice to you who probably started playing this game in wrath and think Blizz owes casuals free legendarys just for logging in...Take a deep breath, go grab another peice of cake and use your tears as lube. QQ more

Edit: Before the OP has a chance to post it. "I started playing in beta n00bs, and raided with DnT, and have all world first kills". There, now you don't have to type out your response. Use the time to research what DnT is an acronym for.
    Last edited by Anointed; 2010-10-19 at 12:48 PM.

You're an idiot if you think what is op now will be op at 85.

Everyone right now is pretty much decked out in icc 25 gear or higher. Once cata comes out, we hit 85, everyone will be wearing greens and blues... epics are going to be a lot harder to get... Haste/crit/etc will drop drastically and it will take a lot of time for everyone to be as "OP" as they are right now. Tanks with 100k hp get wrecked in cata heroics, healers with 60k mana pools go oom, etc... Tanks with 50k hp are pretty much invincible right now and healers with 30-40k mana almost never dip below 80%.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

It will be balanced at 70.
    It will be balanced at 80.

And now, it will be balanced at 85.

You peopel are just fuckign retards, you KNOW it will not be balanced, yet you go around fanboying the incompetent blizzard devs who can't bother testing things themselves. They got thick enough skin to steal ideas from addons and you STILL support them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Danor, didn't played at Beta? it will be ballanced at 85, trust me, gear has not that much offensive stats as it has on your current gear. 20k pyroblast! crit in full blue pve gear is not that much for 80k healthed player.

I am in beta... I have watched peep that were severely inderpowered get buffed to overpowered then back down some....

The OP is sadly mistaken with regards to "scaling" at 85 will also scale issues... they do not in MOST cases.

Right now in live it takes 445.94 hit rating to reach 17% spell hit cap... and you can reduce that up to 4% with raid buffs... and 3-6% with talents.

At 85? 1742 hit rating is required... NO raid Hit buffs, no talents... 1742. (Dreanei do still get 1% for themselves ONLY)

The scaling of Crit and Haste is even MORE... i.e. At 80....
    Crit rating required for 1% is 45.91
    Haste Rating required for 1% 32.79

At 85? They are WAYYY higher... And even tho the 346 Raiding gear has like 202 haste or crit allocations... my crit chance at 85 is 24% vs 50% on live... and since my calss requires crits for it's damage... yeah... there was a huge difference.

So much so that they nerfed mages so that they were competetive at 80... then during these past couple days.. it was evident that almost ALL other classes were doing 30%-50% more DPS. True story.

(BTW the mage changes are being reverted.. kneejerk reactions are never good.. lol)

Other classes are very similar... with the huge change in stats scaling... there indeed HAS to be "balancing at 85"... and that means by default.. that some clases are going to be OP at 80... simply because the entire talent trees aren't meant to "start" with 40% haste and 60% crit... and 30% ICC damage raid buffs.

We have 6 weeks... and when you ding 81.. your crit.haste drops drastically.. at 83 you are gonna wonder where the hell it went.. and at 85.. you;ll be praying the crit godz for a sign from above... called a Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    It will be balanced at 70.
    It will be balanced at 80.

And now, it will be balanced at 85.

You peopel are just fuckign retards, you KNOW it will not be balanced, yet you go around fanboying the incompetent blizzard devs who can't bother testing things themselves. They got thick enough skin to steal ideas from addons and you STILL support them?
    God you're stupid. The game got balanced at the top level somewhat. Not completely no but often it wasn't even the same thing that was unbalanced at 3.0 that it was at level 80 for example. And of course most people here are Blizzard fanboys, else we wouldn't be playing this game. The reason for you to play this game is however hard to say since you seem to think the game sucks. Also What is a competent dev if the incompetent ones are running the biggest mmo?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No. 4.0.1 = introducing all the cataclysm features/number changes into the game, in order to make the transition into cataclysm easier.
    4.0.3 = world events starting and throwing in the last remaining changes in the game for cataclysm that will launch shortly after this patch is available.

4.0.1 has enough issues going on with it (bugs,glitches,etc) that Blizzard needs to worry about and fix. What is the point in "balancing" numbers that are going to just change again in a matter of weeks?
    4.0.3 is post 2nd sundering... 4.0.1 is pre-2nd sundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Level 80: You do 10,000dmg with a short CD ability to my 30k health pool. I cry "OP plz nerf." You claim it will be balanced at 85.

Level 85: You do 25kdmg with that same short CD ability to my now 90k health pool. Balanced at 85?

Yay there will be more stam in relation to Int/Agi/Str on gear. That will not fix overscaling issues, and to argue that they will reminds me of people going on about how Arc mages and Ret pallies were "Scaled for 80" when they were exploding handfuls of people at a time at 70. We all saw how well "balanced at 80" they were when Wrath rolled out.

tl;dr version: You're wrong.
    You are greatly overestimating the damage increase from 80-85. While your health will be 4 times the health you have currently, your damage will go up by a surprisingly small amount.

The same goes for healing - My Holy Light on my lvl 85 333 geared premade pally heals for about 6.3k.
    Last edited by Chinterception; 2010-10-19 at 12:59 PM.

Just checked OPs armory, I get it now

*baby voice* Its gonna be ok, yes it will, yes it will goochy goochy goochy goo. Now dry those eyes and show me a smile. And if you try real hard i'm sure you can get more 10 man heroic achievements almost a full year after the instance has been nerfed to the ground and everyone is buffed considerably. Yes you can *pinches cheek*

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Right now in live it takes 445.94 hit rating to reach 17% spell hit cap... and you can reduce that up to 4% with raid buffs... and 3-6% with talents.
    There are no raid buffs/debuffs to reduce the amount of hit required. Only for spacegoats and that's only for themselves now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I don't see anything that changes for hunters between 80 and 85 that will change the fact that the classes main shots such as chimera and explosive shot are woefully weak compared to arcane shot which is meant to be for burning off extra focus. When you get people deciding that it's better to spam arcane shot rather than use explosive shot(except on lock and load procs) then there is a problem... yet people still respond to this sort of issue as "balanced at 85".

I'm not sure why everyone went into PVP mode... I don't think the OP was specifically referring to PVP where the stamina / damage / healing balance would be different. I'm sure some things will be balanced at 85 but people use the "balanced at 85" comment for practically every concern someone raises so I agree with what the OP says.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I don't see anything that changes for hunters between 80 and 85 that will change the fact that the classes main shots such as chimera and explosive shot are woefully weak compared to arcane shot which is meant to be for burning off extra focus. When you get people deciding that it's better to spam arcane shot rather than use explosive shot(except on lock and load procs) then there is a problem... yet people still respond to this sort of issue as "balanced at 85".

I'm not sure why everyone went into PVP mode... I don't think the OP was specifically referring to PVP where the stamina / damage / healing balance would be different. I'm sure some things will be balanced at 85 but people use the "balanced at 85" comment for practically every concern someone raises so I agree with what the OP says.
    everyone is dragging that comment up because it's true, trust me it isn't the first expansion patch I've seen

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is simple.

If Blizzard is going to essentially break the game for 2 months then why arent we playing for free? As long as people are playing, there needs to be a balance and untill Blizzard stops charging my credit card for 2 months that apparently doesnt matter I expect to be able to enjoy the game. My class needs to be able to do its job in order to keep my raid spot and or be enjoyable.

Some people are still trying to get their Frost Drakes - I am personally still working on LK Heroic. Everything in game doesnt just stop when Cata is announced.

*If something is doing too much healing because it is scaling too much, it will NOT BE BALANCED AT 85, because it will only be that much more powerful when wearing level 85 gear. Scaling is relative. If it's OP now, it will be OP then.
    This is not exactly true, because our base mana is going to increase exponentially compared to a spells healing ability, meaning mana costs (and therefore healing-per-mana) is going to drop dramatically by 85 (at least this is what the beta-testers tell us). In a mana starved healing environment this could very easily change a spell from op now (when mana is not that limited) to spot on at 85.I imagine many damage abilities that are OP at 80 might be affected by similar changes, especially the massive increase in stamina on gear. Finally, we will all learn new abilities from 81-85 that might very well turn what seems like an underpowered spec into a competitive spec.

Of course I don't actually believe the game is properly balanced at 85, especially given the number of bugs present in the 4.0 build, but the issues we have at 80 may not be relevant in 5 le vels.

What most people forget is that "Balanced at 85" really means "We don't give a shit about the whole levelling experience in World of Warcraft".
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    My theory is simple.

If Blizzard is going to essentially break the game for 2 months then why arent we playing for free? As long as people are playing, there needs to be a balance and untill Blizzard stops charging my credit card for 2 months that apparently doesnt matter I expect to be able to enjoy the game. My class needs to be able to do its job in order to keep my raid spot and or be enjoyable.

Some people are still trying to get their Frost Drakes - I am personally still working on LK Heroic. Everything in game doesnt just stop when Cata is announced.
    Blizzard doesn't owe you shit actually. If they wanted to go around and instant kill you wherever you went they could do so, if you don't like it you can always leave. You may not like that it is like that but hey you can't always get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by danur View Post
    just reminding all of you, who respond to every 4.0 bug and complaint thread with, "it is all meant to be balanced at 85," as if you are imparting some elusive wisdom upon the community who obviously weren't aware that the game is now meant to be "balanced at 85," all i can say to you is...

...you are an idiot and have no idea how this game works.

•*if something is doing too much damage because it is scaling too much, it will not be balanced at 85, because it will only be that much more powerful when wearing level 85 gear. Scaling is relative. If it's op now, it will be op then.

•*if something is doing too much healing because it is scaling too much, it will not be balanced at 85, because it will only be that much more powerful when wearing level 85 gear. Scaling is relative. If it's op now, it will be op then.

The only time you can actually use the "it's balanced around 85" is when discussing class vs class mechanics where some classes are missing out on some of their more important abilities and talents that help keep them in line with each other for end-game pvp and raiding. Stop thinking you are some kind of genius because you can quote meaningless catch-phrases that you heard others say on the forums, every time someone complains that your class is too unkillable or one of your abilities hits too hard.
    oh god please stop, please!!!!!!!!!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    ...you are an idiot and have no idea how this game works.
    Neither do you apparantly.