Smile Mage's Resistance

Only 1 question, guys. Does anybody knows, why they removed that mage's talent in arcane tree - Magic Absorption - with +80 magic resistances to all schools of magic? why? can't understand... I had like +80 resist from that talent and +60 from Mage Armor till patch (talented), +90 from alchemy's flask of resistance, +70 from leatherworking's enchant on bracer (to 1 school, but still), +75 from druid's buff (now its +140 or something, as I know). on every BG was like around +305 of all resistance and +375 to shadow damage (because of enchant on wrist). and now nothing from selfbuffed. only +40 from Mage Armor (not even +60)...
    maybe, I just lost some blue posts, I don't know. but why its gone? does anybody know?
    thanks for understanding
    Last edited by shekspeare; 2010-10-19 at 12:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because having that much resistance in PvP is retardedly annoying.
    BfA Beta Time

with that crits, which happens nowadays, its must have. people becomes less "skilled". no more skillshoots. at least some defense vs this existing heavy and huge amount of incoming damaging magic...
    and why casters can ignore all magic defense of melees by spell penetration?
    and melees can't ignore all physical defense (armor) of casters by armor penetration?
    factually, casters can make 100% of their damage and melees can make only 90-70% of their damage because of armor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    with that crits, which happens nowadays, its must have. people becomes less "skilled". no more skillshoots. at least some defense vs this existing heavy and huge amount of incoming damaging magic...
    and why casters can ignore all magic defense of melees by spell penetration?
    and melees can't ignore all physical defense (armor) of casters by armor penetration?
    factually, casters can make 100% of their damage and melees can make only 90-70% of their damage because of armor.
    Okay...I'm going to go over <( '' )>--------------(>")>here now.
    BfA Beta Time

oh, of course... math, math. MATH! to hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shekspeare View Post
    oh, of course... math, math. MATH! to hard.
    As is punctuation and sentence structure to clearly define points being made.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand that English is not everyone's first language on these boards, but in this case it is incredibly difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

I think you are asking about why Blizzard decided to remove 'Magic Absorption.' In general, they decided to remove a lot of niche defensive abilities (like stun duration reduction) and instead balance the damage/health ratios around the baseline abilities.

You'll find that high magic resistance isn't as necessary at level 85, when everyone's health has tripled, but damage has only gone up maybe 25-50%. Right now, things are just a wee bit out of whack (hence the sub-81 buff to resilience).

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 10:24 AM ----------

I understand that English is not everyone's first language on these boards, but in this case it is incredibly difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

I think you are asking about why Blizzard decided to remove 'Magic Absorption.' In general, they decided to remove a lot of niche defensive abilities (like stun duration reduction) and instead balance the damage/health ratios around the baseline abilities.

You'll find that high magic resistance isn't as necessary at level 85, when everyone's health has tripled, but damage has only gone up maybe 25-50%. Right now, things are just a wee bit out of whack (hence the sub-81 buff to resilience).

oh. there is an answer. ok, thanks mate. forgot about it. I remember, when they said it. =))