Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Algalon The Raid Destroyer

First off, I've not downed Algalon the Raid Destoryer

But, Will we see any of the same raids in Cataclysm, Obviously I'd assume that Deathwing would be hard as it can get, But before that maybe?

Even as it stands now downing or having downed Algalon is a feat all it's own..

Just as it stands, Algalon was in a league all his own, And I for one wanna see more raid encounters like him. It had all that a raid encounter should.

It was hard, Interesting, Rewarding, And set you apart from other players...I'm just saying

The main hard part of Algalon was the 1 hour timer.
    If it was up all the time like other bosses, it would have been killed really fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir (Blue Tracker)
    Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey

Deleted
    to answer your question, in the first teir of raid content, theres a herioc mode only boss in lady sinestra.

algalon wasnt that hard lol

Yes, they've said that there is one in the very first raid in fact, only after beating Cho'gall on heroic mode. Sinestra is SUPPOSED to be an Algalon-type-difficulty encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Algalon didnt destroy too many raids, not sure what info your getting, but being on of the few who hasnt killed him at all it seems your info is incomplete and incorrect

"Even as it stands now downing or having downed Algalon is a feat all it's own.."

Very incorrect
    1. This thread was meant to be more a basis, to the question "Will there be more like him"

2. Algalon when first set upon WoW was and I stand by my statement "a feat all it's own"

You sir, Apprenlty are incorrect, The hour timer was a big part, But unlike Yogg, LK, or Kel in their respective settings, You couldn't walk in and after 2 or 3 times stand a well stated chance.

With Algalon you had to know the encounter, Hope his duel-wielding-parry gibbing-aoe dmg self didn't destory you before you had the time.

And after my rant, Thx for commenting on completly useless information, At the bottom of this thread Neverwhere has answered my question, Go bug some other suspecting thread.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neverwhere View Post
    Yes, they've said that there is one in the very first raid in fact, only after beating Cho'gall on heroic mode. Sinestra is SUPPOSED to be an Algalon-type-difficulty encounter.
    Thank you sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by milowen View Post
    The main hard part of Algalon was the 1 hour timer.
    If it was up all the time like other bosses, it would have been killed really fast.
    The hardest part was actually to beat the enrage timer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    First off, I've not downed Algalon the Raid Destoryer

But, Will we see any of the same raids in Cataclysm, Obviously I'd assume that Deathwing would be hard as it can get, But before that maybe?

Just as it stands, Algalon was in a league all his own, And I for one wanna see more raid encounters like him. It had all that a raid encounter should.

It was hard, Interesting, Rewarding, And set you apart from other players...I'm just saying
    Rofl. My guild took him out in one night (granted we were in full ICC 25 gear, mostly heroic) on 25. Mechanics-wise he's incredibly simple, you just have to not have any retards in the group. Doing this in Ulduar gear, now that would be a different story, that would really suck.

You also have to realize that at the time the tanks were a lot more OP (say hello ungodly DK tanks)

1. This thread was meant to be more a basis, to the question "Will there be more like him"

2. Algalon when first set upon WoW was and I stand by my statement "a feat all it's own"

You sir, Apprenlty are incorrect, The hour timer was a big part, But unlike Yogg, LK, or Kel in their respective settings, You couldn't walk in and after 2 or 3 times stand a well stated chance.

With Algalon you had to know the encounter, Hope his duel-wielding-parry gibbing-aoe dmg self didn't destory you before you had the time.
    Algalon was / is actually fairly easy once you got to him, most guilds downed him in the first 3 hours of attempts.

Lich King mechanics are far harder than algalon ever was.
    Last edited by Hakto; 2010-10-19 at 01:50 PM.

Algalon was more of a gear check than anything else. Mechanics weren't even remotely difficult. Only thing that made it hard was insane dmg to raid and tanks in addition to very strict berserk timer.

KT was obviously a joke but yogg 0 and especially LK were much harder, in hard mode that is. Nowadays alga is a joke if raid isn't full of retards, raid dmg won't kill anyone, tank won't die unless healers fail badly and berserk timer won't be the problem. LK requires much more than having good gear. Defiles, val'kyrs, frostmourne room and spirits at p3 are all much harder mechanics than running to black hole every 1.5 minutes and having 1 dps killing stars.
    Last edited by Mammel; 2010-10-19 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammel View Post
    Algalon was more of a gear check than anything else. Mechanics weren't even remotely difficult. Only thing that made it hard was insane dmg to raid and tanks in addition to very strict berserk timer.

KT was obviously a joke but yogg 0 and especially LK were much harder, in hard mode that is. Nowadays alga is a joke if raid isn't full of retards, raid dmg won't kill anyone, tank won't die unless healers fail badly and berserk timer won't be the problem. LK requires much more than having good gear, defiles, val'kyrs, frostmourne room and spirits at p3 are all much harder mechanics than running to black hole every 1.5 minutes and having 1 dps killing stars.
    So, When will all the random people stop trying to tell me I'm wrong about something I'm not talking about.

Yes, If your in ICC gear and doing the end content of the instance, At this point after 2 instance upgrade, Algalon is fairly easy.

Yes, Some LK mechanics are more difficult in their own respect, My point is, WHEN he was the premium encounter he was a challenge, Which most vanilla players like.

AND WILL they have more like him in Cataclysm, Because I never personally got to fight him when he first came out in Ulduar.

And my question has been answered by Neverwhere, With Lady Sinestra being available after killing
    Cho'Gall on heroic difficulty in the Bastion of Twilight.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZenitusX View Post
    Quick search through your armory, and I see that you have downed Algalon only in 10 man mode 17.3.2010. That is what, 3 months after ICC came out? So overgearing the place by far, and still no 25man kill... My guess is that this boss fed on your tears. A lot.
    Wish I wasn't so lazy, I had assumed he hadn't actually experienced the content when it was a challenge, And he probably is slightly new to WoW (probably started in late BC or early LK)..

Simply because, I raided in Vanilla, Those raids were hard, And difficult just to get started, That's not mentioning the fact a hunt-ard would pull a trash pack with multi-shot, and we would wipe . LOL

The fun days...Are hopefully coming back..

PS-I played a hunter Through LK up till my mage was lvled, I'm allowed to call them hunt-ards.

The hour timer wasn't a big part, it just forced you to have limited attempts so you couldn't keep going in all night long and down him in one night like you could Yogg. Lich King had limited attempts, in fact all of the end wing bosses had limited attempts as well, or did you forgot now that we havea 30% buff? Oh wait, they STILL have limited attempts, but only for heroic mode, and they're almost a joke now because of it (speaking from a ten man perspective)
    As far as "walking in and after 2 or 3 times stand a well stated chance" your statement is clearly lol.
    I remember wiping countless times on Yogg back in the day on my death knight. It was a fight that you had to do each phase over and over again to learn, just like Lich King.

I want you to make a poll for this thread with the following in it:
    "How many times did it take for my guild to down Lich King"
    a) 1 attempt
    b) 2 attempts
    c) 3 attempts
    d) so many attempts I can't even count them

as it's already been pointed out the biggest issue with algalon was the enrage timer. the other issues were the massive ammounts of damage going out on tanks, and keeping the raid topped off while staggering cosmic smash and collapsing stars explosions, not to mention raid wide damage from living constallations, and making sure you close off the correct black holes and not screwing somebody over by closing off the black hole that they're about to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    The hour timer wasn't a big part, it just forced you to have limited attempts so you couldn't keep going in all night long and down him in one night like you could Yogg. Lich King had limited attempts, in fact all of the end wing bosses had limited attempts as well, or did you forgot now that we havea 30% buff? Oh wait, they STILL have limited attempts, but only for heroic mode, and they're almost a joke now because of it (speaking from a ten man perspective)
    As far as "walking in and after 2 or 3 times stand a well stated chance" your statement is clearly lol.
    I remember wiping countless times on Yogg back in the day on my death knight. It was a fight that you had to do each phase over and over again to learn, just like Lich King.

As i read your post, I thought you were the most "hit the nail on the head" reader yet, But yet again I'm wrong. My thread isn't the discussion of what blizz has put into the game latley is the hardest, My point was, Algalon was somthing else as an encounter, And would blizz be putting a encounter like him, So that I might actually get a chance to fight him/her is the highest encounter in the game. And LK as a huge work up he was is a joke.

I want you to make a poll for this thread with the following in it:
    "How many times did it take for my guild to down Lich King"
    a) 1 attempt
    b) 2 attempts
    c) 3 attempts
    d) so many attempts I can't even count them

as it's already been pointed out the biggest issue with algalon was the enrage timer. the other issues were the massive ammounts of damage going out on tanks, and keeping the raid topped off while staggering cosmic smash and collapsing stars explosions, not to mention raid wide damage from living constallations, and making sure you close off the correct black holes and not screwing somebody over by closing off the black hole that they're about to enter.
    Wrong, I created this to ask a question which was answered, And for most ICC boss like i stated in many of my responses, Most of them were a joke to what they should have been, Yes Algalon in current gear now is mostly a joke, But when he was the encounter to beat, He wasn't. That's my point, And my question has been answered.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiiw View Post
    Rofl. My guild took him out in one night (granted we were in full ICC 25 gear, mostly heroic) on 25. Mechanics-wise he's incredibly simple, you just have to not have any retards in the group. Doing this in Ulduar gear, now that would be a different story, that would really suck.

You also have to realize that at the time the tanks were a lot more OP (say hello ungodly DK tanks)
    Your guild took him out in ICC 25 gear, My point exactly, You didn't touch him when he was the highest encounter available.

Also, What do OP tanks have to do with anything???
    If they were so OP why was the encounter still a rather difficult encounter when it was at its prime. Before Totc, Before ICC???

Wrong, I created this to ask a question which was answered, And for most ICC boss like i stated in many of my responses, Most of them were a joke to what they should have been, Yes Algalon in current gear now is mostly a joke, But when he was the encounter to beat, He wasn't. That's my point, And my question has been answered.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 10:56 AM ----------

Your guild took him out in ICC 25 gear, My point exactly, You didn't touch him when he was the highest encounter available.

Also, What do OP tanks have to do with anything???
    If they were so OP why was the encounter still a rather difficult encounter when it was at its prime. Before Totc, Before ICC???
    Try doing ICC without the buff, my bet is that you won't be able to get past saurfang. You ever try doing LK without the buff? Meh, it wouldn't matter now because tanks have 20% more dodge, and new class mechanics, but unless you've actually done ICC before the patch with limited attempts on end wing bosses (on regular) and no buff, then you wouldn't know what I'm talking about. BQL was the most unforgiving fight (next to LK of course). One mistake made by one person could cause a wipe, especially due to the short enrage timer. So before you start flat out telling me I'm wrong, make sure you get your facts straight. That buff is optional, not mandatory, instead of nerfing the boss encounters like they did in Ulduar, they gave us the buff, to help us out. And even still fights like gunship were nerfed....seriously.....lol. Why would you nerf gunship? Anyways, seen as your question was answered as you put it, why don't you stop replying? Unless you have more questions of course.

Algalon is very easy now with ICC gear. We headed to Ulduar 25 to try him a few weeks as someone had the key, and we didn't get him that week because most of the raid hadn't even seen the fight before and he despawned at 15% and we woulda had him if we had a few more minutes. Came back next week and got him on the first or second try.

10 man Algalon is a comeplete joke in ICC gear. 1 shots all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    The hardest part was actually to beat the enrage timer.
    this

with a cool head you can easily use the 1hr lock out properly, however, beating his enrage and keeping tanks alive back in those 226 was hellish

I hope there will be fights such as Vael, four horsemen (60) and Kael'Thas that takes time to kill and are so called "guild killers"

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I hope there will be fights such as Vael, four horsemen (60) and Kael'Thas that takes time to kill and are so called "guild killers"
    we have TOC, my guild almost disband because none ever shows up during TOC days

Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    we have TOC, my guild almost disband because none ever shows up during TOC days
    That wasnt because it was hard. It was because it was boring...

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    That wasnt because it was hard. It was because it was boring...
    exactly