Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How long did it take you?

How long did it take you to fish up the Sea Turtle? I just got mine last night after a long hard 10,000+ career fish... I'm interested in seeing if anyone had a fun, easy adventure or if you were about to give up right as you snagged him! Did anyone's stomach get that roller coaster feeling when the achievement flashed across the bottom of your screen??

Belive it was a few days for me. Can't look up acheivment ATM, but it wasn't long. Maybe a few hundred fish.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Few hundred Dragonfin Angelfish, took probably 2-2 1/2 hours. Guildy's were pissed :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch... Yeah, I need the rare fish and a tournament win and I will finally have the "salty" achievement... It's been looming over my head for quite some time now.

I had well over 3000 casts. I fished around 1-2 hours a day for two weeks and it was kind of weird because the day I got it, I had to sit out for a raid and I was kind of annoyed cause I wanted to raid lol but instead I went fishing and got my turtle. I was very happy, I rode it for around 15 minutes in the water. ^_^

The day it came out, 3rd cast I made that day in a musselback sculpin school. Good stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I hear that. I took it to Dalaran and did the loop about 10 times, and with that mount, it took about 45 mins!

Out of all of my mounts, I was undoubtedly the most lucky with the turtle. After fishing up a bloated deep-sea monster belly, I figured I'd clear out a few moongow cuttlefish schools since I knew I always had an outside shot at the turtle. The rest is history. That was mount #94 for me, now up to 121...which I think is pretty good considering I don't raid anymore, so no chance for the raid achievement mounts.

On topic though, what you should realize OP is that most of the people who will reply to such a thread will have caught the mount in a relatively short period of time. That's because the majority of people who get such a rare mount are just plain lucky. Case in point: when you get the chance, inspect the dungeon kill stats of anyone you see riding Rivendare's Deathcharger. Almost always these people have fewer than 20 kills on the Baron, usually single digits.
    Last edited by ultimateman; 2010-10-19 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, grats man. I've just recently became an achievement whore and it's done nothing but consume me. I'm most proud of my turtle mount, by far my favorite thing in WoW for the time being!

I got mine after about 150 casts or so, when I actually went fishing for it. I decided to do a little salmon fishing for feasts and buff food, with the hopes of getting the turtle or dark herring (or both). I got the turtle after the above mentioned 150 casts, and decided to call it a day for fishing.

It took me another 1000 casts to get a rare fish, which eventually happened to be the dark herring.
    "I have a hard on for Alexstrasza and I don't want her to die before I can make her my personal mount in both of her forms"* Jet Zeppelin
    "give Paragon o kick in their face with your fist "

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you check how many fish you've caught?

OT - i havent really..."farmed" it, i got my mountain of mounts achi another way
    i just skilled up everything to max profession then moved on after getting the titanium seal of dalaran

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang.. I still need Mr. Pinchy's Crawdad Box. I got the turtle before this, not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsuun View Post
    Dang.. I still need Mr. Pinchy's Crawdad Box. I got the turtle before this, not fun.
    I actually got this on my first pool, second cast and second wish. I was rdy to go a full week of fishing for that lil guy too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerakou View Post
    I actually got this on my first pool, second cast and second wish. I was rdy to go a full week of fishing for that lil guy too.
    Looks like I will be doing that for you...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Less than ten casts on my druid, about 30 mins on my warrior.

It took maybe 30 mins.

It was funny because at the time about 10 of my guild mates were trying to get it. So I said in Gchat "I'm going to fly down there and fish to troll you guys". 30 mins later I got it and was laughing while they were all pissed.

Deleted
    I'm on 5000+ and still no turtle. Not farming for it anymore, I'm hoping that I get it whilst levelling fishing in Cata.

I honestly can't remember how long it took me. I know I fished it up after getting Salty, and while attempting the Northrend Fishing Tourney. Still need to get anothr Dark Herring for my soon-to-be Worgen Rogue .

Deleted
    ALOT of lucky guys i see!! this just means it is true what i have been thinking for the whole time, RNGods hate me. It took me a solid 50k fish to get this bastard mount and yes, the sea turtle soup was delicious!

0sec. Waste of Time, the mount is senseless!