Interesting experiences with the new patch

Last saturday I was in a 10man HM icc run that went fairly smooth. The patch made so many things ridiculously easy, but one event really amazed me.

On Lady Deathwhisper our tanks slept a bit too long and got slaughtered by one of the abominations you usually kite. We only had one BR so we could only get one tank back. We proceeded to down the mana shield and our ressed tank grabbed aggro. Of course, after a while he couldn't hold aggro anymore due to the debuff and I already saw us wiping. Being a healer I always watched the healthbars... None of them dropped really low so I started wondering what happened: Our rogue proceeded to tank the Lady. Kicking the frostbolts was never a problem so he never received a big hit. We finished the encounter without any further problems..

I knew the biggest threat from the lady was an unkicked frost bolt. But I didn't expect her to do such little damage that it can be tanked by a leather wearer..

Did you have any similar occurances? ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagamoth View Post
    Last saturday I was in a 10man HM icc run that went fairly smooth. The patch made so many things ridiculously easy, but one event really amazed me.

On Lady Deathwhisper our tanks slept a bit too long and got slaughtered by one of the abominations you usually kite. We only had one BR so we could only get one tank back. We proceeded to down the mana shield and our ressed tank grabbed aggro. Of course, after a while he couldn't hold aggro anymore due to the debuff and I already saw us wiping. Being a healer I always watched the healthbars... None of them dropped really low so I started wondering what happened: Our rogue proceeded to tank the Lady. Kicking the frostbolts was never a problem so he never received a big hit. We finished the encounter without any further problems..

I knew the biggest threat from the lady was an unkicked frost bolt. But I didn't expect her to do such little damage that it can be tanked by a leather wearer..

Did you have any similar occurances? ^^
    If I, as enhancement shaman have personally 39% dodge, i wouldn't think rogues to have less than 45%, even more if sublety.
    That answers anything? :P

Edit: That doesn't mean that rogues are good tanks nowadays, simply saying that with this patch, without dodge debuff, everything is a bit broken.
    Last edited by mmocf1210cdf1d; 2010-10-19 at 03:46 PM.