Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd like to note that I have noticed this...with one caveat. I have the new sound for my Shaman's CL, but LB is using the old sound.

I'm going to leave my patcher open and let it finish applying non-critical updates and see if this will normalize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors Thunderclap sound got changed and i like it a lot!Brings the Thunder to Thunderclap =)

I let patcher apply critical updates and still old sounds but only on windows and Mac has new sounds. Someone in my family also has new sounds and he has a windows machine. I don't get how this happens. Anyone know?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by shamestia View Post
    Can't be a Mac issues because those in ptr had the same sound. Just weird the new sound is only on my Mac.
    No. It's deff my lightning bolt. It only does it on my Mac. I'll record a video tonight and show you the sound its making. If it was rolling thunder it wouldn't do it EVERY lc or lb. Only does it on Mac, very strange

These 2 quotes completely contradict each other right?

I think you are either hearing the new sound for your lightning shield or something is wrong with your game files.

Wrong. It's my game files has nothing to do with LS if it was it would be the same on pc and Mac something is wrong if my LC and LB are putting out the wrong sound effects

Wrong. It's my game files has nothing to do with LS if it was it would be the same on pc and Mac something is wrong if my LC and LB are putting out the wrong sound effects
    So you're running the exact same game files on both your PC and your Mac? Like you're copied and pasted them from one to the other?

No why would I do that how do I know if they are compatible with one another. It should not matter I don't understand why the installer or whatever reason why they are different sounds on the same version of the game client on 2 different operating systems.

No why would I do that how do I know if they are compatible with one another. It should not matter I don't understand why the installer or whatever reason why they are different sounds on the same version of the game client on 2 different operating systems.
    That's what I was making sure of mate. I do a lot of work in IT support. You always ask the stupid question first.

I'm far from an expert when it comes to this issue. Have you brought the issue up with a GM in guild? Have you tried reinstalling the game? (I know both of these alternatives are undesirable due to the amount of time both would take)

Reinstalling is not happening. My ui is to perfect and do not wanna have to do that again. It's painful. I'm gonna try to open a ticket in game with a GM maybe. Guess that be the quickest way to a real strong legit answer. Thanks.

Deleted
    Reinstalling is not happening. My ui is to perfect and do not wanna have to do that again. It's painful. I'm gonna try to open a ticket in game with a GM maybe. Guess that be the quickest way to a real strong legit answer. Thanks.
    Save Addons folder
    Save WTF folder
    Reinstall
    ???
    Profit!

Did you check your sound options?

Try the repair tool then.