Demo; Hellfire vs. Seed

I fully understand that Hellfire was designed and intended to be demonology's aoe spell. But I find that as long as I'm not getting spell pushback from mobs hitting me that seed still does more aoe damage than hellfire does as Demo. What about the rest of you?

Wouldn't mind Gherkin's input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

Won't last too long, they nailed SoC on beta. And by nailed I mean reduced damage by half (or close to).

Ahh I hadn't read that yet. The warlock forum is the only part of mmo I have bookmarked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

Deleted
    i love my hellfire. even if it doesn't do as much dmg as seed, it's just fun, running around and fucking up trash AND tanks with my aoe
    oh, and in bossfights, its more usefull than seed, (i'm talking about lk ghost killings for the archievment or sindra ice blocks destryoing) because it's instantly dmg, not like seed with 1-2 seconds till the first explode.

Consider the following.

The more haste you have, the more Hellfire damage ticks you get over a shorter period of time. If you're demo specced, you should have an incredible amount of haste. Ergo,

Hellfire > SoC

Plus, melee range for Shadowflame isn't a bad thing either

True, Hell fire > SoC after the SoC nerf. They've nerfed aoe spell a lot including mind sear but not moonkin's starfall and hurricane and I don't get it why. In the past we can beat every class with SoC. But right now 4.0.1 , even SoC spam in affliction spec hardly beat moonkin's hurricane. And dont even try to compete them when they also cast starfall.

Hellfire, Demonform and Immo aura and ofc ur Felstorm. you got enough aoe with that

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to hellfire more, but I feel like even more of an aggro magnet then normal, and when you gain aggro the mobs can reach you so fast you'll be dead in a second if you don't have demonform off cooldown

(Infernal + felguard felstorm + demonform + immo aura + shadowflame + hellfire is fun tough, for the amount of time that you live )

Well shoulshatter after your 1st or 2nd hellfire, (depending on tank aggro)
    And Healthstone + Soulburn........ I never let a Soulburn CD run off, cuz for sure on trash you have unlimited shards.

Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    Hellfire, Demonform and Immo aura and ofc ur Felstorm. you got enough aoe with that
    This. Oh and of course in your 4pc t10, immolate up on at least one target. On the trash before Sindy, the handler guys with the whelps, I peaked at over 70k in mostly 264 gear (two 277, one 251, rest 264). More than double anyone else in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This. Oh and of course in your 4pc t10, immolate up on at least one target. On the trash before Sindy, the handler guys with the whelps, I peaked at over 70k in mostly 264 gear (two 277, one 251, rest 264). More than double anyone else in the raid.
    I tried that last week and got DC'ed, apparently I was at 40k or so before I went however so that made me smile.

indeed 83k dps was what i did, 3X 251, 2x 277 rest 264 gear (pvp wep)
    Pulled both groups, waited 3 sec before i popped all CD's (immolate on the handlers) then went nuts
    Guild was laughing like hell on vent when someone in gchat said at that moment that locks needed a buff, he didnt see those numbers