Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LyskaWF View Post
    It wouldn't be introduced as a shield with the day you described it. Period. If they were to introduce a brand new spell there are hundreds of better ideas than this. That is why I'm against it.
    You still haven't written a proper fact why it is wrong, you just write that you don't like it.
    Please write one or even a bunch of those ideas, because what you are doing is not a discussion it's simply dismissal. I'll gladly hear more ideas that would make us fun, and would fit better.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    You could have it work like the Lightning Shield/Static Shock works and have the stack applied by a chance on hit as well as if you are struck the attacked gets a stack. Say 20/40/60% chance talented or something along those lines, I think 100% chance is a bit OP as youd be stacking a full debuff in 5 swings (and if our haste levels ever come close to that of WotLK we will be getting full stacks in 3 seconds). 50% chance give or take isnt to bad, every second hit or thereabouts. Also have it consume the charges on your shield, give us something extra to use a GCD on.

Hell you could even tie it in with Flametongue imbue (if Elemental didnt share the imbue with us). A weapon with the Flametongue imbue has a 50% chance of burning your enemy so on and so forth stacking up to Five times, Lava Lash digs into the burn causing a critical strike. You get the picture.

Either way, a direct way to stack the charges is what we need. Rather than relying on a totem.
    My problem with binding something to a weapon imbue is that it restricts what we can use. It should be more like select what you want, and talent for that. We are already fixed with FT on the offhand if we want to be as effective as we want to be. There is a little compensation on the frozen power talent if we use frost brand, but it's not as effective.

Let's see what you say about attack chance. We could go with the Static Shock talent work off successful MH attacks, up the proc chance to 60%, keep everything as it is with shields, and change the Searing Flames talent to (Overload), but it would stack electric charges from your Lightning Shield and would effect Storm Strike instead! Overload would also stack when you are attacked and Lightning Shield retaliates.

Improved Lava Lash could be changed that it consumes your Flame Shock, and deals extra damage equal to the remainder of the duration. This way you have to rotate your shocks.

We have Searing Totem for single target (without a key mechanic tied to it) and Magma / Fire Nova for AoE.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-10-20 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Something was not clear

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    You still haven't written a proper fact why it is wrong, you just write that you don't like it.
    This is not a shield. If it were a shield it would last for ten minutes, have charges, and be dispellable.
    Try to keep up.
    Please write one or even a bunch of those ideas, because what you are doing is not a discussion it's simply dismissal. I'll gladly hear more ideas that would make us fun, and would fit better.
    It wouldn't be introduced as a shield with the day you described it. Period. If they were to introduce a brand new spell there are hundreds of better ideas than this.
    Something completely different is what I would suggest. I have, as well as dozens of others, written suggestions on these and other forums.
    Last edited by LyskaWF; 2010-10-21 at 01:43 AM.

Try to keep up.

Something completely different is what I would suggest. I have, as well as dozens of others, written suggestions on these and other forums.
    Sigh, you are so tiring. Well trained in what you do.

Improved Lava Lash could be changed that it consumes your Flame Shock, and deals extra damage equal to the remainder of the duration. This way you have to rotate your shocks.
    I think this would fix the searing totem dependency that still bugs a little. In my icc 25 and our ulduar hard mode/algalon run i noticed that the kinks still are not still worked out of it.this new mecanic would help our dps on high mobility fights sense we do not have to waste a gcd to redrop the totem.

also sense i brought it up, a way to be more competitive in a pve dps enviroment and to increase of survivability in pvp. How about change mealastorm procs to x3 instead of x5?

Nice idea, post in USA/EU forums, Beta prefferably.

Sigh, you are so tiring. Well trained in what you do.
    I could say that your blatant closed-mindedness is also tiring. I really wasn't trolling - this is a bad idea. Sorry =/

Quote Originally Posted by Lylz View Post
    It goes nowhere, when postedo n the MMOC forums...

This needs to be posted on the official BETA/Live suggestions forums for Blizzard to take note.
    The main problem that holds back WoW spec/class design is that GC is an egomaniac. He will bite off his own nose to spite his face. He will run a spec into the ground before admitting to his failures. He gets really bad ideas in his head and he's so stubborn that he will leave in bad design for overly long periods to attempt to show his brilliance.

He is a bad designer and it shows as Enhance damage is and only has been terrible. It was terrible for all of Wotlk, in when were rank 1 viable, our damage was still always half of our Hunter team mate.

And Kalgan really, really needs to be fired. How does Kalgan still have a job after the crap he pulled in BC with his resto druid GF?

15+ Year Old Account
    well your ideas are prety nice indeed but the real question is: do enh shaman need fixing? i have seen some combat logs from beta and it seems that enh is doing dps in top 3 on some fights ofc im sure you feel thet we have long downtimes cose of skills cd but with -1 sec cd on shocks from elemental talents and UE on lvl 81 we should have 1 maybe 2 sec gap if we get unlucky with MW
    Last edited by kosajk; 2010-10-21 at 06:51 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    well your ideas are prety nice indeed but the real question is: do enh shaman need fixing? i have seen some combat logs from beta and it seems that enh is doing dps in top 3 on some fights ofc im sure you feel thet we have long downtimes cose of skills cd but with -1 sec cd on shocks from elemental talents and UE on lvl 81 we should have 1 maybe 2 sec gap if we get unlucky with MW
    if you think a 15 sec cd giving us 20% extra haste for a few seconds will close 4-5 seconds gaps, you're gravely mistaken. enhancement got even more ruined in doing aoe/cleave damage than before, do even less dps, and have even lost cleansing totem.

the only good things that can be said is that we have no mana issues (which was a big threat for us in beta) and can continue purge spamming, and that our damage is now more straight forward (the reason all those enh failbob newbs selebrate about actually killing one or two allies now per bg)

glyphs and talents are still required to patch up our bad baseline cc, aoe, survivability and mobility, limiting our talent tries to boring cooky cuter specs others dont need to have, stuffing our tree with twice as much baseline talents because we'd otherwise dont wrk. And with cataclysm enhancement was yet again left out of a really good new baseline ability as well.
    bc: crappy elemental totems, resto water shield, totem remover and bloodlust (bl is nice, but nothing specifically good for enh, and hunters and mages get it now as well(that's right, our lvl 70 ultimat8 is distributed to pures like it's nothing)
    wotlk:lvb, which was ripped out of our hands twice, and hex, which is designed for casters as well
    cataclysm: healing rain (resto), spirit walker's (resto/ele), primal strike (placeholder ability), totem of tranquill mind (resto/ele), new healing wave spell (resto), bind elemental (fail cc), unleash elements (all specs, but unspectacular for enh, since old ss debuff/flurry/shock mix)

it feels like blizzard does not know what to do with enhance, or rather dont care. they could for example make primal strike a useful ability on a 4 sec cd, would give us more melee abilities (since we do more and more cast damage)and close up dps gaps.

or earthquake, obviously it has to be a talent...have mages to spec deep frost to get blizzard? or deep arcane to get arcane explosion? or deep fire for flamestrike? it's baffling. the one thing shaman will never have is a pool of baseline abilities complimenting several trees at once. they are all only avaiable through talents only:

feral spirits, earth shield, riptide, thunderstorm, shamanistic rage. dozens of abilities which should be simply baseline. they would be awesome for each spec in pvp (after being altered to be not op ofc)
    Last edited by Omanley; 2010-10-21 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

can you show me these logs please?
    the ones ive seen enhance shaman are BOTTOM DPS AGAIN!

our aoe is SO ANNOYING i avoid using it and most times its a dps increase not to place magma totem+nova

15+ Year Old Account
    i didynt sayed that UE will solve the problem i sayed UE + 5 sec cd on shock will solve it or in worse case scenario will make gaps much shorter, 1-2 sec gap is not that big problem anymore i supose and you can allways refresh searing totem when it occure anyway

about logs links here you have some, its not the one i have seen exactly but i cant find it atm, anyway it was been same guild for sure you can try check their other logs i dont have patience for it
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...yze/dd/source/
    Last edited by kosajk; 2010-10-21 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    i didynt sayed that UE will solve the problem i sayed UE + 5 sec cd on shock will solve it or in worse case scenario will make gaps much shorter, 1-2 sec gap is not that big problem anymore i supose and you can allways refresh searing totem when it occure anyway

about logs links here you have some, its not the one i have seen exactly but i cant find it atm, anyway it was been same guild for sure you can try check their other logs i dont have patience for it
    Those logs are a bit broken since mechanics of the boss causes that melees do damage with Expunge Poison, which affects in DPS.
    Removing Expunge poison from all melee dpsorz, he seems to be low on dmg (maybe not in effective DPS, because he didnt died or whatever)

Did you even look at those logs? Do you see that the fight mechanics are accounting for a good chunk of his damage? Don't use those to support your ridiculous assertion.
    If you're going to include the addition of a spell with a fifteen second cooldown then you should also consider that you will no longer be using SR on cooldown. Getting shocks down to a five second cooldown will not really help the rotation. Right now what is happening is that our spells are not lining up. This is why we sometimes end up with 5+ seconds of AFK time. With LL and shocks lining up, we're still going to have that AFK time, but with fewer ridiculously long periods of it.
    Last edited by LyskaWF; 2010-10-21 at 09:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Someone hire this man and fire Ghostcrawler.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 09:50 AM ----------

No thanks. This is not a shield. If it were a shield it would last for ten minutes, have charges, and be dispellable.
    What you just said is that Glyph Of Lightning Shield literally makes Lightning Shield no longer a shield. Since it has no charges anymore (at least not mechanically)
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    What you just said is that Glyph Of Lightning Shield literally makes Lightning Shield no longer a shield. Since it has no charges anymore (at least not mechanically)
    It's still a shield. You can still gain and lose charges - there's just a lower limit on them. Regardless of that, glyphs are supposed to modify abilities, so if it did indeed take away all the charges it would be fine

15+ Year Old Account
    well yo uare right about first log there is some boss mehanic that i have seen he is not in top of dps there tho and it was been from first days of testings so prabobly this shammy wasn't been 100% perfect with priorities but second one dont have any extra dmg from strange sources, caster is 1 in dps so i dont think there was some strange things going on for mele i will not argue tho im not plaing beta, im just using my brain and i dont think blizz want to leave us with 30% less dps than other classes and about 5 sec cd on shock im prety sure they will solve gaps problem prety eficient with UE, atm really long gaps lets says 5 sec are hapening maybe 3-4 times on fight (i may be lucky with mealstrom, hard to say) so if you get in base prio between our most hiting ability LL allways 2x shock its taking 1,5 sec GCD from this 5 sec then you have UE every 15 sec so basicly its about 1,5 of our LL cd so its prety big chance it will take another 1,5 GCD from that big gap that may hapen so you are left with 2 sec every lets say 5-6 LL where you can refresh Searing totem, use bomb or wolfs for instance, really i know that whining is good to let things out expecially when we are not worse but prety bad at live atm but really its not that bad like ppls are trying to prove etleast from my point of view, maybe im just trying to focus on good things but i dont think i missed anything what would made us unplayable or would change our playstayle that much we would be sleeping between CDs also there will be new glyphs implemented which may change many things
    Last edited by kosajk; 2010-10-21 at 11:37 PM.

They should just let us spam PS as a filler or make it no share cooldowns with SS =[

They should just let us spam PS as a filler or make it no share cooldowns with SS =[
    I agree with that.

Deleted
    Wtf. I was thinking yesterday on this while i was leveling my shaman (another one).
    Get out of my mind!

:P

Alright I'll hop on a plane and break into Blizzcon naked and won't leave until they give us that...brb.