Deleted

Dropping Bloodsurge

Alright, I'll get straight to the point.

Slam is shitty and not even worth using, so I'm considering dropping Bloodsurge in favor for utility/survivabiliy talents, such as PH, FA or Die by the Sword, what do you think about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people are doing this, however I bet Blizzard is going to drastically overhaul Bloodsurge for Fury given the weak state of it. I believe the front page recently had a blue post stating slam is now 150% of weapon damage and Bloodsurge makes slam have no rage cost when it procs.

Still doesn't change the fact that I was getting rends worth 18k total damage(and I have full 264, not 277) versus the maximum fury slam I have seen on parses is 12k or so, with full 277. Rend being able to crit is huge and the extra tick helps too.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2010-10-19 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    i assume your speaking in terms of raiding, your decision to remove Bloodsurge and pick up survivability talents will only put you further back on the dps charts, there by marginalizing the need for your raw and limited dps in a contemporary raid structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrow View Post
    i assume your speaking in terms of raiding, your decision to remove Bloodsurge and pick up survivability talents will only put you further back on the dps charts, there by marginalizing the need for your raw and limited dps in a contemporary raid structure.
    For now, slam is pretty lackluster. Go ahead and pick something else up that you'd enjoy. No reason to assume the OP can't/won't respec when the paradigm shifts.

Deleted
    Obviously I'm aiming at maximum DPS, but as of right now, I don't have any use for Slam at all, it just doesn't fit it. I'm hitcapped and sit at roughly 20% haste, so rage is not a problem, but the GCD that Slam needs is just not there, I got all other things to do. Between dumping rage before stancedancing for Rend and back, Bloodthirsts and Raging Blows, I've no room for it, and would rather "waste" the rage on Heroic Strikes every time they're off CD compared to an extra Slam (30 rage vs 20 rage and 20k vs 6k damage... hmm I wonder).

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh, lol.
    So, what do you plan on doing besides slam when bloodsurge procs and all other abilities are on CD? Just sit there? using an instant slam for 10 (what mine crits for) is pretty decent IMO.
    Please tell us your magic ability that you use as a filler when things are on CD..?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Rend. Did you never stance dance pre 4.0.1 or something? I will do more extensive testing some day (like sit on a dummy and only cast rend to see what avg rend ticks for, or favor rend during regular rotation) but I was getting 7k ticks in ICC 25 on DBS the other day. Rend ticks 6 times so that's a lot of damage. You can now also BT on your way back to berserker stance with only 5% dmg lost off that BT because of how they revamped battle and berserker stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Uh, lol.
    So, what do you plan on doing besides slam when bloodsurge procs and all other abilities are on CD? Just sit there? using an instant slam for 10 (what mine crits for) is pretty decent IMO.
    Please tell us your magic ability that you use as a filler when things are on CD..?
    In the current Rage generation State, just waiting HS / RB / BT to come off cooldown is better, tbh... Unless your fed on rage (AOE damage, etc), you will most likely rage starve yourself.

The problem with Slam on live is it's rage cost. It will be worth it on free GCD's if they pull through with the free cost on the Bloodsurge procs.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...strasz&n=Ulhax

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    You don't fuck with Medivh.
    Garona did.

I'm still specced into Bloodsurge ( the 3 points just go to utility, not DPS talents if I respecced ) but while using slam in rotations, I was doing 7500 on the dummy, and dropping out slam for Rend I got up to 8600. They have already buffed slam, but the damage on it is still small compared to everything else
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Uh, lol.
    You don't have the rage currently (unless you're deliberately standing in fire) to keep BT, RB and HS all on CD while slamming every time bloodsurge procs. So no, slam is never worth it at present. But I'm sure it won't stay that way long into xpac, so if the OP wants to drop it temporarily, whatever.

Edit: Bloodsurge is planned to proc a zero cost slam, so then of course it will always be worth it, but at this moment, it's not.