Deleted

Searing Flames while lvling?

Hey there

So im lvling an enchancement Shaman which btw have become a lot of fun since the new patch since you now get buttons to press already at lvl 3 and lvl 10

Anyway what i wanna know is, is Searing Flames worth it while lvling and in generel?

Searing Flames (Rank 3):

"Causes the Searing Bolts from your Searing Totem to have a 100% chance to set their targets aflame, dealing damage equal to the Searing Bolt's impact damage over until cancelled. Stacks up to 5 times."

I dont think i´ll ever use Searing Totem after i got Magma totem but i guess i´ll use Searing Totem for elite fights but thats about it.
    Is it worth to put points into in generel? I do miss out the next tier in the talent where my Lava Lash is getting improved tho

Improved Lava Lash

"Increases the damage of your Lava Lash ability by 30%, and by an additional 20% for each of your applications of Searing Flames on the target, consuming those applications in the process."

Worth it or not?

If the 5 stacks manage to get up before the mob dies, it is worth it.

It is also good on boss fights since bosses tend to live longer for the stacks to get up.

Deleted
    Yeah but mobs while lvling dies way to quick for the totem to get 5 stacks unless you´re up against an elite but that dosnt happend a lot Northrend and maybe a bit in Outland.

But yeah in a boss fight this is nice

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 08:00 PM ----------

Bah looks like im gonna take this anyway. would be awsome on elites plus the next tier talent is also quite nice

Also you can Flame Shock a 2nd mob and let Searing Totem stack stacks on it, while you nuke the 1st mob down.

If the Searing Totem obeys the Flame Shock target priority, it will be a good and fast killing combo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Also you can Flame Shock a 2nd mob and let Searing Totem stack stacks on it, while you nuke the 1st mob down.

If the Searing Totem obeys the Flame Shock target priority, it will be a good and fast killing combo.
    Uh i like that idea alltho i think Maga Totem is better but i´ll give it a shot

Keep in mind that mobs are much tougher when leveling post 80 and pulling packs for 4 or 5 mobs while leveling and aeing them doesn't is likely to result in you dying.