Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Killshot is horrid now, and you know it's horrid when they have a glyph that lets you use it twice incase the first shot is crap.
    Isn't that glyph so you can use it every 6 seconds instead of 10?

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Glyph got changed. It now resets the cooldown if it fails to kill the target. Which WOULD sound great, if it weren't for the fact that it hits for jack.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    you truly believe only hp will increase in that gear.... oh and abilities scale by level, so the constants will be the same...

Ignorance... so delicious....
    From what I saw in the Beta Raid testing videos posted on the front page damage didn't seem to scale all that much more from 80-85 so while damage will scale while we level health did scale a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Kill Shot used to hit for huge numbers. 4.0.1 nerfed it into the ground, however.
    With Glyph of Killshot and proper timing it can still be fairly useful if your raid has low-medium overall dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by snipeshot24 View Post
    because it was suppose to be the paladin version of execute or kill shot, but instead it only hit for maybe 5k or so before the patch and was very bad.. now its been bumped up to be like kill shot or execute.
    except kill shot doesn't crit for more than 20k now. In ICC, fully buffed, with mostly heroic 25-man gear.

If you don't kill the target with Kill Shot, it resets the cooldown. This can only happen every 6 seconds. Essentially, you can fire 2 Kill Shots in a row every time the 10s cd is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Glyph got changed. It now resets the cooldown if it fails to kill the target. Which WOULD sound great, if it weren't for the fact that it hits for jack.
    Glyph of Kill Shot
    Prime Glyph
    If the damage from your Kill Shot fails to kill a
    target at or below 20% health, your Kill Shot's
    cooldown is instantly reset. This effect has a 6
    sec cooldown.

So when fighting a boss, during the execute phase, you can use killshot every 6 seconds, instead of 10.

Glyph of Kill Shot
    Prime Glyph
    If the damage from your Kill Shot fails to kill a
    target at or below 20% health, your Kill Shot's
    cooldown is instantly reset. This effect has a 6
    sec cooldown.

So when fighting a boss, during the execute phase, you can use killshot every 6 seconds, instead of 10.
    That isn't what that says at all, and you have no idea how it works. Kill Shot has a 10 second cooldown. There are no glyphs that change this. That glyph causes Kill Shot's cooldown to be completely reset if your target does not die because of Kill Shot, allowing you to use Kill Shot twice every ten seconds. Regardless, it still hits for jack.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-10-19 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    BS. My highest crit I ever have done is 27k on a none resi target with wings up. With berserking it would be around 33k something. On targets with heavy resi(1200+) it crits for 9-11k.

And yeah it's fucked up. But so is paladin damage overall atm. We rely loads of procs. Our damage can be terribad for 20 sec. Then all of a sudden we proc everything and pop wings and dish out insane damage. Tho any healer with a clue can outheal it but warriors etc it's bye bye if you don't pop shield wall straight away.
    I'm fairly certain 400 Attack power is not going to make a 6k difference in damage
    Last edited by Hulm; 2010-10-19 at 11:26 PM.

That isn't what that says at all, and you have no idea how it works.
    This is what I am assuming.

You use killshot.
    The cool down is instantly reset.
    You wait for 6 seconds (for the internal cool down of the glyph to pass)
    Use killshot again.
    Rinse repeat.

Tell me why this will not work?

You use killshot.
    Use killshot again.
    Rinse repeat.

because that's not what the tooltip actually says?

Quote Originally Posted by zeroto View Post
    I don't understand if I just missed it. I really don't remember seeing this since the patch went live until today.
    Hammer of Wrath hitting for 20k plus on a 700 resil target ? I know everyone is op but is this some sort of exploit?
    Because every other execution move does this much or more?

You use killshot.
    Use killshot again.
    Rinse repeat.

That really is not what it says or how it works, at all. I could Fraps the way the glyph works and show you, but quite simply, CBA. You may want to level a hunter to 80 next, and give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    because that's not what the tooltip actually says?
    The way I read it, that's exactly what it says.
    Just because the cool down of killshot is reset, does not mean you have to use killshot strait away does it?
    So if you wait 6 seconds, then use killshot it will reset again (as the glyph will become active again at that point).

The way I read it, that's exactly what it says.
    Just because the cool down of killshot is reset, does not mean you have to use killshot strait away does it?
    So if you wait 6 seconds, then use killshot it will reset again (as the glyph will become active again at that point).
    The GLYPH's cooldown has a 6 second effect. This is to keep you from spamming Kill Shot endlessly. KILL SHOT has a 10 second cooldown. When you use this glyph, if Kill Shot does not kill the target, you can use it again instantly and fire two kill shots in a row. You could, in theory, utilize the ICD and fire a Kill Shot once every 6 seconds, resetting the CD on Kill Shot every time, but that would be dumb and result in fewer overall Kill Shots.

That really is not what it says or how it works, at all. I could Fraps the way the glyph works and show you, but quite simply, CBA. You may want to level a hunter to 80 next, and give it a shot.
    I am sorry if I'm wrong, but I did only assume this was the case.

The reason being was that it had the same wording as the old Incite (since been changed) warrior talent.
    Where you could use it every 6 seconds.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:42 AM ----------

The GLYPH's cooldown has a 6 second effect. This is to keep you from spamming Kill Shot endlessly. KILL SHOT has a 10 second cooldown. When you use this glyph, if Kill Shot does not kill the target, you can use it again instantly and fire two kill shots in a row. You could, in theory, utilize the ICD and fire a Kill Shot once every 6 seconds, resetting the CD on Kill Shot every time, but that would be dumb and result in fewer overall Kill Shots.
    Yes, it would result in fewer killshots... silly me.

But come 85, it might be better for it to blend into your rotation at every 6 seconds (due to gcd)?

I don't know, I only pvp on my lvl 60 hunter :P

Yes, it would result in fewer killshots... silly me.

But come 85, it might be better for it to blend into your rotation at every 6 seconds (due to gcd)?

I don't know, I only pvp on my lvl 60 hunter :P
    Definitely not; if you only fire one every 6 seconds, then that's 4 kill shots in 18 seconds, but if you use the glyph to fire two in a row every ten seconds, that's 6 in 20 seconds. :P

Definitely not; if you only fire one every 6 seconds, then that's 4 kill shots in 18 seconds, but if you use the glyph to fire two in a row every ten seconds, that's 6 in 20 seconds. :P
    Don't you mean 3 in 18 seconds and 4 in 20?

Nope im brain dead.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:59 AM ----------

Killshot in red is using every 6 seconds.

Code:
    1>Killshot|Killshot
    2>Killshot
    6>Killshot
    11>Killshot
    12>Killshot|Killshot
    18>Killshot
    22>Killshot
    23>Killshot
    24>Killshot
    30>Killshot
    33>Killshot
    34>Killshot
    36>Killshot
    Does this tally up, because when you double shoot killshot, the 10 second cool down starts after the second shot.

P.S I just had to write it down to see it clearer, you are right, using every 6 seconds is less killshots overall (close thou).
    Last edited by jobdone; 2010-10-20 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saethwyr View Post
    hasn't kill shot and execute done that amount of damage for ages?
    also its holy damage, not physical, might explain some of the extent of the damage if im wrong about KS and exec.
    execute was nerfed in wotlk, it literally sucked.
    Now its finally back up and crits for 18k in pvp...but still armor AND resi affects it, unlike hammer, which should have the casting time it had in Vanilla.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    I'm fairly certain 400 Attack power is not going to make a 6k difference in damage
    berserk(er) in wsg = 30% damage buff

Nobody is talking about the weapon buff never, if they have such big dmg difference or in pvp anyway.