Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I recall from the Nexus War questslore that it was imposable for Dragon Aspects to fight each other in person. (Hence why Alex does not participate in fighting maly). There was never a reason given as to WHY she could not fight Maly.

My guess is that if 1 dragon Aspect decides to kill/assail an other dragon Aspect he/she will die in the process.

With this thought it mind I find it reasonable:

Scenario#1: to assume that Alex will sacrifice herself to weaken DW's armor. and that we as hero's get hang around it, while DW implodes. (His power is so big that it can not be contained, without the armor he would implode).

Or

Scenario#2: Alex will sacrifice herself / DW will kill her and Krasus will go-all-medieval-on-DW's-Ass!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    You mean like how we fought the last 2 expansion's end bosses alone, right?

oh wait...

I'm assuming we'll be seeing a similar situation. Whereas we had help from akama, maive, the blue dragonflight, tirion, terenas, the thousands of pissed off souls trapped in frostmourne during the past "big bad" boss fights, we'll probably be helped by Alextrasza and other dragons when fighting his deathliness.
    That is in no way a measure of how Deathwing is, the last two expansions had pussies for bosses. TBC? A deformed elf. Wrath? Merely the pretty boy prince in order to realise Ner'Zhul's real plan of becoming Bolvar.

This time we're fighting a dragon known under various names; The Black Scourge, The Death Aspect, The World Breaker, Deathwing Destroyer of Worlds. I'd have to say he's a bit scarier and more powerful than the last few girl scouts we have put down, I can only hope we don't actually kill him, just maybe calm him down with a mammoth Ritalin tablet or something.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    I just think of our characters as little peons in the World of Warcraft
    And that's your mistake... also the new plates being put on Deathwing are made from elementium which is what the plate armor in Cata will be made from...

naw..

we'll be 10/25 people RIDING DRAGONS >: D
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    game mechanic =/= lore

i can solo ragnaros. WTF HOW CAN IT BE THAT A SINGLE NUB CAN SOLO AN ELEMENTAL LORD! BLIZZARD NUBS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hmc View Post
    So, let me just start off by saying that I am not really interested nor too involved in the lore which is why I hope someone can shed some light on my question. Note: I'm not QQ'ing at the least, I just think it's kinda silly. I guess I'm just trying to take a more realistic approach.

Anyways, after watching the Cataclysm cinematic (which was awesome), I noticed how great and powerful they portray Deathwing as and I couldn't help myself by asking: "Are we really going to kill something that destroys our whole continent with 10/25 people?"

I ask this because although it is neat to fight Deathwing himself, I just think of our characters as little peons in the World of Warcraft, so it does seem kind of silly that, regardless of all our gear and the plate our tank wears, that we would be able to defeat someone with such a powerful stature such as Deathwing. The video even showed armor being made from the bottom of the fucking Earth! You can't get plate better than that!!

Am I the only one that thinks this?

TL;DR version: 10/25 people fighting DW?! WTF?!
    You... don't have much of an imagination do you? We aren't going to go in and kill him at the end of an instance as if he is Ragnaros (who was merely banished back to the plane of fire) or High King Maulgar. The fight against Deathwing can't be anything but mindblowingly epic. Get out of your box and consider mechanics we haven't anticipated.

As I've said in multiple other threads, removing the threat that is Deathwing will involve all of the dragon aspects, not to mention faction leaders and powerful heroes from current lore - Crowley, with his fists of cleave; Harrison Jones, with his torch-wielding, snake-hitting abilities; and Brann Bronzebeard with his control over artifacts.

We may not get to play with the Demon/Dragon Soul, but I'll bet some sort of artifact will be involved. It's not going to be 10/25 peons, no matter how big our hero status or shiny our gear. Think bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster View Post
    just maybe calm him down with a mammoth Ritalin tablet or something.
    I can just imagine someone running up to him with a huge tranquilizer. "Take this, Deathpussy!" "RAWRRRRR!!" /thump /cheer /loot
    For the Alliance!

Kinda like the wrathgate imo. the quests after when you raid undercity you get that 'for the alliance' buff. We'll probably get something like that.

Then again. KJ is a demon god type person and we owned him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every major lore boss we kill has been with the help of someone to make it legit.

Illidan - Betrayal of Akama and assistance from that night elf Huntress chick.
    Arthas - Tirion destroyed his heart before the battle, Terenas ghost came to help and Tirion was still there helping us.
    Malygos - Red Dragonflight
    Kil'Jaden - Half strength and wasn't even killed, just fought back.

Someone will help us get Deathwing. I'll guess Thrall, other Earthen Ring members, Alextraza and Red Dragonflight. It's still pretty early to guess though.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Deathwing is leaking molten lava

It would be safer to attempt lovemaking with a pyroblast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Deathwing is leaking molten lava

It would be safer to attempt lovemaking with a pyroblast.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing
    mmm i found it
    Shadows & Light is a source book for the Warcraft RPG and was published in 2004.
    The massive monstrosity before you rises up like a black, crag-covered mountain of scales and hide. The head is a spade-like terror spiked with cruel red eyes that shine with a frightening malevolence. Rivulets of lava and magma are visible beneath the great wyrm’s scorched scales.
    pretty sure that'd cause most things to melt, well maybe not the blood of an old god, saronite. Surely though iron / adamantite.

or did blizz change his current armor from iron - to eternium? someone mentioned that, mind if i get some source? just like blizz to change lore...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.