Headless Horseman Fix

I was hoping they'd fix the cogwheel issue with the server restart this morning, but I'm still locking up at the Headless Horseman event. I put together an addon that will turn off your tooltips when you enter the Scarlet Monastery. If you're having the same issue in battlegrounds, you can also have it automatically turn off tool tips in there.

Check it out and save yourself from the constant pumpkin crashes:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SummonFix.html

Thanks I installed it and it works. Can you keep us updated on when the bug is officially fixed?

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Taking a different approach is AMFG Lazy Tooltip @ Curse which disables only certain tooltips, seemingly the 1 line ones though still automatically like the above addon when in an "instance" which includes dungeons/raids and battlegrounds.

Edit: Latest version does not require the enabling of the fix, it is on by default.

Edit:
    CogFix @ Curse has now had the instance detection introduced, and should operate like the above, just without the customisation or announcements.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-20 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Thanks I installed it and it works. Can you keep us updated on when the bug is officially fixed?
    I'll probably test every day or two to see if the bug is fixed on my end. When I notice I am no longer crashing or see a blue post, I'll mention it on the addon page.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    (CogFix @ Curse). Though seemingly that one is getting an update to use that same instance detection at some point soon.
    Hadn't thought of limiting by line size. This is better solution since you'll be able to compare items if you happen to be upgrading new alts gear to HHM rings.

I fixed this by updating my videodrivers (nvidia 58.xxx to 60.xxx), i think.. that was the only change after 2 crashes and after the update no more crashes.

This worked for me. THX!

I used the Addon recommanded by the original poster.
    Last edited by Xas; 2010-10-20 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    Terrific...thanks

Have not been offered new drivers through windows update, and while I could go to the manufacturer's website I see little need to becuase this was not an issue prior to the patch.
    I see no reason to get new drivers because blizzard screwed something up.
    Seems everyone is jumping on the wagon now with their own implementation of it, either by disabling all tooltips or just selected ones.
    Still suppose a fix is a fix, which unfortunatly it was down to the customers again to resolve, not blizzard.