Extracting WoW's achievement system

I know this might be an odd request but I've searched the web and found no answer, so I hope someone can help me at least a bit here

Simply put, me and some friends have started a real life roleplaying challenge. It's not a live action roleplaying game but a personal growth/leveling rp system that is based on completing tons of different challenges ranging from social, intellectual, physical, plain crazy etc. Because we are, like a lot of people, attracted to pretty things, we want to use World of Warcraft's achievement system and incorporate it into our system somehow. Right now, we only have basic characters sheets, which have been of course modified and lots of challenges, all together in a single word document. (If anyone wants the document, I can mail it to you, we have quite a few challenges if you are looking for ideas or inspiration)

Since I am no computer expert, I was just wondering if it's somehow possible to extract the World of Warcraft achievement graphics from either the game itself or from WoW armory. Basically, we want a cool looking program that is graphically identical or very similar to that of WoW armory or ingame achievements itself, and can be edited in order to reflect the progress we've made.

I hope the description of what I'd like to achieve was not confusing, although I feel it might be in some way

So if anyone is able to shed any light on this, I'd be very grateful

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure what you are even asking for.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I want a computer program, that allows me to create, add and remove achievements using World of Warcraft achievement system as a foundation. Simply put, I want WoW armory that I can modify myself. That's it basically

Not likely. It would be easier to look into extracting the graphics and making your own program (Java applet?).

Aye, if my knowledge of computers was good enough, I'd certainly do it. But I don't really know much beyond basic stuff :\
    Has anyone done something similar perhaps?

15+ Year Old Account
    1. learn php and mysql
    2. ???
    3. profit

i doubt there is a pre-made program out there, but i'll make you one for a price =P
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

You have the right idea, but the desired outcome isn't possible. Blizzard's achievement system is internal and they don't want anyone to have their hands on it, be it the system's source code or the tools they use with the system to create or delete achievements.

What you, or one of your friends, have to do, is, as said above, build the software yourself. To make it accessible to multiple people from multiple sources, you have to design a database and a client - or develop a website instead of a client(although a website would be more for making your game(or what ever you want to call it) go live) - to read and write information to/from the database. Database development isn't one of my fortes, but I believe you can interact with MySQL in multiple programming languages.

Lastly, the cool thing is, is that you can build your achievement system so that it is usable separately from the rest of your software, such as the game itself. This way, when you work out all the kinks, others that want to do the same as what you, can. Though, how ever you wish to build your software is up to you.

I hope this helped you out.
    If you don't chew Big Red... That is fine.