Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance BG's is a joke ..QQ inc..

First of all I have horde and Alliance level 80 spread across Rampage , Emberstorm and Bloodlust battle groups . Now ever since the patch I have noticed a massive difference in the win % on the alliance side . It was never good to play alliance bg's but you suck it up and do the best you can . However now practically ever BG I go into alliance side we are getting graveyard camped . The horde don't even try and win at all it's a funny mentality because Alliance players just try and do the objective and get the game over with . The horde ALWAYS turtle and try and HK farm . I have asked some horde players why they do that and they always say " for the LULZ " or some other juvenile response

I just cannot seem to figure out what the deal is I mean I go in as a healer on alliance side and the people I try and heal are dead so fast I can't even get a heal off but I don't experience that horde side ever . It's got so bad that every single bg I go into one or two players are saying " guys just let them 5 cap " or " guys just let them get the flag so we can get our few honor points and move on we gonna lose anyways " . Moral is way down in alliance bg's and I can see why . If your on the horde side and wondering why you have a 30-45 min que's that would be why..maye think twice before you start grave yard camping people for the " LULZ "

Any other alliance players experiencing these terrible BG's lately ?

btw on my healer on Bloodlust here is how bad it is taken from my statistics

since patch 4.01

WSG Played 9 won 0
    AB Played 7 won 2
    EOTS Played 6 won 1
    SOTA Played 5 won 0
    AV Played 2 won 0
    IOC Played 5 won 1
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2010-10-20 at 01:37 AM.

While this is an almost baseless QQ thread, i feel roughly the same occurs on the Misery (Apt name) battlegroup.

Alliance lose, practically every time in EotS, WSG and AB. This is in the 20-29 bracket, 30-39 bracket and 80 bracket. (The only ones i've really tried to play in).

So yes, there is a PvP imbalance.

However, on Misery, you can almost guarantee an AV or SotA win. Same with IoC. So, it evens out.

I play Horde and Alliance (Bloodlust), and personally I'm noticing more Horde losses than previously - really only in WSG. In every other BG you have to actually go somewhere to find the enemies to kill. In WSG, they just keep coming to you. It's disappointing all the WSG's I've seen where there's 9 Horde standing at the bottom of the Alliance graveyard, and meanwhile the EFC has just done a solo run all the way across mid without hardly an interruption.

It seems like each class got some super powerful move/combo and now all everyone's doing is running around BGs spamming it as if HKs matter. >< Countless times I've been in the enemy flag room - there are 2 D there that I can't solo and the other 9 team members are just outside the tunnel - camping the graveyard. Doesn't matter how long the BG goes on for.. these will never come up the tunnel and help get the flag. And we end up losing because the enemy team sneaks one through.

However - my horde toon is at lower levels (so, we're losing heavily in the lower brackets since patch). All my 80s are Alliance, and they experience what you do and sometimes worse - a whole team of players who don't even try to kill.. they just want their LOSS honor as quickly as possible.

I have feeling I'm going to hate rated BGs. >< All these same tards will be in there, denying everyone the win and the opportunity to rank up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

I made a 10 man group this afternoon with TS and 3 healers, we played 10 eots and won 10 eots... on alliance side.
    The bad thing with alliance is that you'll have trouble to win in pug, but make a semi-organized group with ts and enjoy the victories !

So...your battegroup is god awful...and you are mad at the horde " for being juvenile" and camping graveyards?

Wouldn't it make more sense to be pissed at the terrible players in your battle group?

Do you expect the horde to just roll over and start losing or simply to sit there at the starting zone and do nothing?

What else are they going to do besides HK farming you when they are clearly beating you so bad?

Sounds to me as if the Alliance on your side is being juvenile and terrible at the BG's. Maybe try some serious pre-mades or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    First of all I have horde and Alliance level 80 spread across Rampage , Emberstorm and Bloodlust battle groups . Now ever since the patch I have noticed a massive difference in the win % on the alliance side . It was never good to play alliance bg's but you suck it up and do the best you can . However now practically ever BG I go into alliance side we are getting graveyard camped . The horde don't even try and win at all it's a funny mentality because Alliance players just try and do the objective and get the game over with . The horde ALWAYS turtle and try and HK farm . I have asked some horde players why they do that and they always say " for the LULZ " or some other juvenile response

I just cannot seem to figure out what the deal is I mean I go in as a healer on alliance side and the people I try and heal are dead so fast I can't even get a heal off but I don't experience that horde side ever . It's got so bad that every single bg I go into one or two players are saying " guys just let them 5 cap " or " guys just let them get the flag so we can get our few honor points and move on we gonna lose anyways " . Moral is way down in alliance bg's and I can see why . If your on the horde side and wondering why you have a 30-45 min que's that would be why..maye think twice before you start grave yard camping people for the " LULZ "

Any other alliance players experiencing these terrible BG's lately ?

btw on my healer on Bloodlust here is how bad it is taken from my statistics

since patch 4.01

WSG Played 9 won 0
    AB Played 7 won 2
    EOTS Played 6 won 1
    SOTA Played 5 won 0
    AV Played 2 won 0
    IOC Played 5 won 1

I'm alliance and always been and so far from what I can see is that it takes a premade(or semi-premade) alliance to win against pug horde.

I'm hoping by Cataclysm things could get better for Alliance. Can't defend one's faction when they are getting rolled... =/

i feel rated bg's are going to bring back old school vanilla pvp guilds like the old days. if you're really into bgs you can join those and get into their premade teams and rock hard no matter what server or faction. i'm sure they'll be everywhere

One of the old servers I was on it took pre-mades to ever win WG. Thats just the way it is...until a battlegroup/server balances out

Quote Originally Posted by Daemetius View Post
    I'm alliance and always been and so far from what I can see is that it takes a premade(or semi-premade) alliance to win against pug horde.

I'm hoping by Cataclysm things could get better for Alliance. Can't defend one's faction when they are getting rolled... =/

just make a premade with 10 people, get instant pop queue and win. its really not that difficult to get together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Combat wasn't good before 4.0.1 too, it was only the best spec on 3.2, also its boring as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by Sahand View Post
    just make a premade with 10 people, get instant pop queue and win. its really not that difficult to get together.
    thats not a very practical solution at all times of day.

I play vengence US alliance side and i feel your pain. i am hoping for rated BGs and cross battlegroup BGs to help this out. I know there was a thread discussing cross BG battlegrounds that had some good insights.

a couple ideas that i been tossing around although just ideas would be take the arena model of randomized starting positions and ability to "fight" your own faction and that would end alot of bias QQ. I know this doesnt fit in lore wise but if they can add arenas and TOC faction champ fight im sure blizz can nthink of a way to justify it.
    Last edited by endless; 2010-10-20 at 02:23 AM.
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

Quote Originally Posted by Fabious View Post
    So...your battegroup is god awful...and you are mad at the horde " for being juvenile" and camping graveyards?
    You notice how I said I play on both factions and on 3 different battlegroups your reading comprehension needs some improvement . Endless you got a point with rated battle grounds it ill probably fix a lot of stuff I guess ?

I actually notice the same thing. I havent seen alliance getting their butts handed to them so quickly in pvp in a long time. Normally you would only have to worry about it with premades, but now, it seems like every horde pug comes in and walks all over alliance. I think there are several reasons for this. Horde seem a bit more serious about their pvp so most of the ones I've faced are in full pvp gear, full resiliance, etc. Most of the alliance I've queued with seem like they're lucky if they have 2 or 3 pieces of lower tier pvp gear. With Resiliance changes, it unbalances the battle even more dramatically then it would normally. Healing now is even more a factor then it was in the past. Alliance could struggle through some pvp and have a fair shot or at least a shot at winning with no healers (which seems to be the norm). With the massive disaster of a patch that Blizzard put into the game at this point, the lack of healing is even more sorely missed. At first I would make an effort in a battleground, then I saw how the horde pretty much just walked all over us so I just sat in the GY, normally not even bothering to take the spirit rez so as not to give them more hks. Now, I just quit. After playing this game since the launch, I hardly even bother logging in to do much more then put a few things on the AH then log off. I hope Catyclysm restores some sanity to the battlegrounds but until then, its a huge waste of my time to bother pvping. Its actually a shame cause every xpac prior to catyclysm was a blast pvping.

I dont give a shit

Banned
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-10-20 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I get the feeling ppl don't understand what a "Rated BG" match will consist of... Think of arena today, but on crack. You'll need a pre-made group to do a rated bg. The old "pug bg's" will be like the arena skirms are right now; rated bg's will be like a rated arena match without a set team every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I get the feeling ppl don't understand what a "Rated BG" match will consist of... Think of arena today, but on crack. You'll need a pre-made group to do a rated bg. The old "pug bg's" will be like the arena skirms are right now; rated bg's will be like a rated arena match without a set team every week.
    yea and from what i understand you will fight about same level oppenents as dictated by blizzards awesome match making rating meaning that the TOC geared BGers will fight with people with the same amount of advancement more or less instead of getting farmed by wrathful players (analogy).

Back to the premade idea I think this will spark more interest and increase availabilty because where as before it may have been hard to get a spot on a 2200 plus arena team let alone a consitant 1500's team, there will be more team spots available increasing participation into higher competitve levels of play
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37

Today I played a BG where we won in 5 minutes with a prot warrior just running back and forth with the flag. Everyone else camped GY and farmed kills. This was just a random group too. This almost never happens, usually its a win by a small win because they made a mistake with their FC and we get a free cap, or a loss that gets dragged out so we can be farmed. Take things in moderation. Your probably in a terrible battlegroup, or you could be so bad you are actually a negative influence on your team of champs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Your bridge is that way ---------->
    Hater's gonna hate.

Well if this is the case then it's about time Horde were able to spawn-camp. Go back in time and try doing BGs as the horde in AV, WSG, AB and tell me we don't deserve it. TELL ME!
    Just saying.

cool story bro.

I think its just luck of the draw. sure your BG may not be doing so well, but two things to mention... 1) RNG and averages dont work evenly. you play 10 bg on average, all things being equal you win half so win/lose 5:5 but like RNG and averages it rarely works this way. you will more likely win 1 lose 9, then next 10 games you'll win 9 lose 1 or some combination so at 1 point if things are equal it averages out. there's no coefficient that favors horde and makes alliance lose often. the other thing is we remember the bad more often then the good, so your win/loss may be more balanced over long term, but you notice the losses. and then there's the factor that maybe someone in your BGs isn't pulling their weight or has the winning mojo... not naming names

in a nutshell, try different things, if consistently lose healing, try to become crazy super heals or try another spec/strategy. adapt and overcome. there's no one reason why you'll lose consistently, especially if your skill curve is much better than your enemies. I don't know your battlegroup, or which queues you join and when, maybe horde is just really pvp geared right now, or for some reason your pvp geared ally aren't doing BGs.... a lot of people are doing beta, probably most of the skilled players, and lots of people have quit till cataclysm.

TL;DR improve your skill curve is all you can do, help teach the ally in your BG how to play better, or make premades with friends.

goodluck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Alliance on Bloodlust: Ever since the patch I have noticed that Alliance get instant ques anytime of the day, however we always end up in WSG(qued random) and occasionally SotA/AB. On EotS weekend I did alot of cross realm premades, but when I wasn't doing premades i noticed alliance get raped in every bg all the time. It's almost as though horde adapted to class changes quicker than alliance. Although it has slowed down a bit and alliance may win 1 of 10 games, they still get thrashed in each bg. personally i believe it's because:

MASSIVE STEROTYPE INC

Alot of the more skilled pvp'ers play bg9 (aka bloodlust) and generally these players are horde. generally skilled alliance players afk in bg's unless weilding a smourne and surrounded by 3 healers. Seems as thought horde outsmarted alliance and just generally roflstomped us since the patch, maybe they adapt faster or are just generall more commited, i dont knwo.

imo ofc.