Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How are you making gold in the patch?

Pretty much the title. Now that the patch has been out for a bit, how are you making your money from the AH and whatnot?

Didn't really try that hard to make gold but I scored around 3k in the first day selling glyphs I had (luckily only around 10 of mine turned to ash - didn't check on this before hand). Scanned the AH and using the mats I already had I crafted the most expensive glyphs I could (~70g each) and undercut prices by around 15g if they didn't sell the first time and they get scooped up by people who think they got a good deal... I'm sure people made more who saved up gems - I really didn't bother though and made around 1k selling what few I had.

Also I don't PVP much anymore and have around 5k honor between all my toons. I just looked into turning my marks of honor into the new currency and ended up with that - so I turned some of that into gems and sold them for around 130g each to make another 2k or so... All in all a profitable week!

Gems and Enchants
    Selling like fucking hotcakes
    Specially Parry/Stam, Dodge/Stam, Agi, Stren and Hit/Int

I actually prepared for the patch. Since I had been playing on ptr I knew that certain gems like Agi and Str would be in high demands. So I stuck up on red uncut gems and 15 min before the servers went down I bought all existing Str and Agi gems and loaded AH with them for 190G each. I had around 180 gems when I started, and after selling every one of them within the first day I earned roughly 24k gold.

Needless to say that I controled everything that day in the AH when it came to gems Anyway, I just wanted to have some cash for when Cata is comming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very profitable week for me, tons of honor left over on some characters, made them into gems. Sold them for about 3k profits in 12 hours. Sitting at 10k, most gold I have ever had in WoW

Soloing H sethekk and was doin h mgt til i got the mount there today. Other than that havent really done too much...6 digits is good enough til cata

do elementium ores still drop? i sell those.. alot of people going after the old legendaries now they're beingturned into g achievements.. I made like 8k in 5 minutes of logging on by selling 8 the other day... only issue was my buyers are like 0.05% of the server population

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphs. I had two guild bank tabs full of herbs. After the patch, I milled all of them...it took forever >< I made all the glyphs I could for every char I had, then started posting the rest on the AH. I didn't get retarded with the prices...15g Prime, 10g Major, 5g Minor. Some people were posting them for 80+. I sold every one I had within hours, and made about 15k. I then cleaned out my scribe bag and sold all of my excess mats, and made another 2k or so. I've gone back to farming herbs again, and hoping to do this again before the prices normalize again :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    After the patch
    D:

If you'd made them before the patch, you could have made 3x more glyphs!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

good week for me.

looked up all the prime glyphs for each class and made about 3 of each the day before patch.
    got me a nice 8k gold the first 4 days selling them.
    (and most people didn't know how to re-learn glyph:living bomb, got me about 2k as well)

gems didn't work out to well. sold what i had left (4k profit)
    but since bibi said cds of gem transmutes would be gone i stocked up on minor gems and elemental mats to transmute on patchday. needless to say i still sit on them, will take me 2 months to transmute them all

but still good week!

Deleted
    1. GLYPHS: I had a stack of all glyphs available before the patch launched. Got me around 60k so far since patch release.
    Also had alot of glyph of corpse explotion which turned into glyph of mage armor which is uncraftable till cataclysm so I've sold around 10 of them for about 700-1k each.
    2. GEMS: Gems, especially cardinals has earned me around 10k.
    3. HERBS: I bought up all lichblooms/icethorns/tiger lilys/goldclovers/deadnettles 30 mins before patch release. Sold them for around 400% of their usual value which gave me a profit for about 5k isch.
    4. ENCHANTING: I did around 200 scrolls before the patch and all are sold. Earned aroound 10k on them if u count in the material costs.
    Also sold a bunch of random stuff.
    All in all I earned around 90k, payed 35k back that I borrowed on a goldrun in ICC 25, bought travelers tundra and saveing the rest for cata ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temma View Post
    Soloing H sethekk and was doin h mgt til i got the mount there today. Other than that havent really done too much...6 digits is good enough til cata
    the gold cap is six digits.

доверять надежде означает знать отчаяние

Made almost 100k over the past week selling glyphs (crafted using roughly 8k worth of mats, in the weeks prior to the patch). It was approximately 70k in the first 24 hours and the rest since then.

Have stopped selling since running out of glyphs. I'm happy for the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't prepare as such. I did ALOT of PvP before the patch so I had all my gems ready to go, but I ended up paying about 200% inflation on dragons eyes, enchanting scrolls and the such on the day of the patch - currently stuck on 35k gold and can't seem to get past that.

Anyway I can but mostly just stockpiling for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPKVTS View Post
    the gold cap is six digits.
    per character, not counting altvaults .)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Deleted
    most of you r talking gems.. is it the same gems as we have now or will there b new ones when cata comes ?

Deleted
    I made 2k on herbalism selling various mats, for the rush of inscriptionists.

Deleted
    I made about 12k selling about... 80 gems (uncut) transmuted over 4weeks before patch and bought with emblems.
    Plus about 6k with glyphs, I had made a full set of glyphs for every raider in the guild and asked to return what they already knew/didn't need. Made 6k with the returns.

Selling "Glyph Packs" Every Glyph for your class which is around 30, depending on class of course. For 700g a pack. Hassle free for the buyer, all glyphs he could want(unless some get removed, changed or added before Cata)