Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I just seen some crazy dps fomr a arcane mage

need some feedback

heres thier armoury

armoury is ...shesaidwhat emberstorm server

how in the heck n that gear were they able to do 17k on the second boss in h nexus?

sorry couldnt get the link to work
    but seriously is the game that un balanced right now to where a mage n that gear can do 17k on a 5 man boss almost topped out at 20k

i mean im not bashing im just in awe

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane spec.. spam arcane blast.. it's really very, very easy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is the arcane mage rotation right now. Pop some cooldowns and you get some crazy burst damage right there

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup...50k Arcane Blasts when your GS is only 5300...I love it.

I'm doing like 12k on stand still boss fights, but in the 30 second heroic fights...I'll get up around 15k sometimes.

She probably just got a really lucky string of crits is all.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2010-10-20 at 03:33 AM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Its a Heroic 5 man boss... Arcane Mages dominate short fights.

/thread

My 78 Mage in 70 tailoring shit does 9k, doing anything less than double that and you're doing something wrong between pressing arcane blast and pressing arcane blast

ya but damn is the game that broke right now ? i mean im in 3 piece tier 10 and i did 7k on that boss ....guess im doing something wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by tulsatom View Post
    need some feedback

heres thier armoury

armoury is ...shesaidwhat emberstorm server

how in the heck n that gear were they able to do 17k on the second boss in h nexus?

sorry couldnt get the link to work
    but seriously is the game that un balanced right now to where a mage n that gear can do 17k on a 5 man boss almost topped out at 20k

i mean im not bashing im just in awe
    Because spell steal is overpowered.

I cant link it yet but but there's a superb buff that you can steal from the Mage Hunter Ascendants leading up to the boss in question, Grand Magus Telestra.

Aura of Arcane Haste
    Instant
    Increases the casting speed of caster by 50% and spell damage by 500 for 1 min

^Explains your query fully^

this si nothing ive seen a rogue in 4.8kgs do 12k dps on marrogar.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I was pulling 26k on Saurfang earlier today.

You know why? When your 10 man group consists of all 277 geared players, it goes very quickly.

Quick enough to spam AB the entire fight. My highest crit was 96k. I think I ripped aggro twice..

Again, the coefficients at the moment are set for 85, not 80.

so me runnin my warlock and doing almost 6.5 k on a 5 man heroic boss is on par ? lol

No. Arcane mages are OP right now. By a lot. A lot of a lot.

But we aren't 85 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    this si nothing ive seen a rogue in 4.8kgs do 12k dps on marrogar.
    so... raid buffed? we're talking 5 man heroic. arcane mages on marrowgar can do double that (maybe even more).

Quote Originally Posted by tekkitan View Post
    so... raid buffed? we're talking 5 man heroic. arcane mages on marrowgar can do double that (maybe even more).
    I don't even know what to say. Please go read up on how arcane mages works, and why they can kill an heroic 5 man boss in 10 sec.

arcane is broken atm, way too much damage for hitting one button. Add that, boomkins got nerfed hard and their rotation is much more complicated than 1 button and they got crazy nerfed, 30% type. Arcane should be hardcore nerfed soon. Or if they don't I think boomkins should boycott til they give our dps back to us.

Arcane mage cycle is Arcane blast, untill you hit 80% mana then you use a mana gem for the talent buff, after that you keep spamming arcane blast up till you get around 30% of mana, then you evocation upto 90-100% mana, then you cycle the normal rotation of
    1,1,1,2, 1,1,1,2, 1,1,1,2.
    Untill Evocation has about 35-45seconds left on it's CD, then you nuke Arcane blast again and again till you hit 30% of mana, and evocation is out of CD and re-useable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5sPbUzAI8

Edit;
    I've not used arcane myself, but with a raid setup, with replenishment, innervate, and Blessing of Might, and mana restoring totems. You may not have to worry about mana problems while using Mage Armor and it's prime glyph.
    Last edited by Kosic; 2010-10-20 at 08:14 AM.

The game is seriously unbalanced. The problem is too many changes with too many classes. It's like trimming a moustache. You trim the left side and oops, the right side is too long. Then oops, the left side is too long. Repeat and repeat and the next thing you know the moustache is half the size. Also, if you factor in self buffs, external buffs, talent choices, glyph choices, gear levels, gem choices, enchants and last but not least player skill, even with class balance, all the above can and will upset the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by DubiumGuy View Post
    Because spell steal is overpowered.

I cant link it yet but but there's a superb buff that you can steal from the Mage Hunter Ascendants leading up to the boss in question, Grand Magus Telestra.

Aura of Arcane Haste
    Instant
    Increases the casting speed of caster by 50% and spell damage by 500 for 1 min

^Explains your query fully^
    That's a terribad buff, 500 spelldamage for an increase of 50% casttime? gtfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    last week sindragosa hm .. was looking through recount when i saw 1 of our mages had made a 100066 crit on sindra ... would like to see that on my hunter >_>

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg258/sca...=640&ysize=640