Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    That's a terribad buff, 500 spelldamage for an increase of 50% casttime? gtfo
    I think you've missunderstood the buff.
    It's increase the casting speed by 50%. Meaning 50% more haste to any spell.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56827/a...haste#comments
    Last edited by Kosic; 2010-10-20 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    That's a terribad buff, 500 spelldamage for an increase of 50% casttime? gtfo
    Re-read it dude. You spell casting speed is increased, not the cast time. It means that the mage casts faster, and hits hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tulsatom View Post
    ya but damn is the game that broke right now ? i mean im in 3 piece tier 10 and i did 7k on that boss ....guess im doing something wrong ?
    Some classes need a few seconds to build a momentum. DKs for example need to spread their diseases (IT, PS and Pestilence on AoE pulls) and then they can start killing. It takes some time for recount to show your true DPS.

But yes, Arcane Mages are unbalanced.

Deleted
    arcane = sick burst dps, any other then raid-bosses are uncomparable tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    Some classes need a few seconds to build a momentum. DKs for example need to spread their diseases (IT, PS and Pestilence on AoE pulls) and then they can start killing. It takes some time for recount to show your true DPS.

But yes, Arcane Mages are unbalanced.
    why does something that does more burst dps have to be unbalanced, not all the dps is the same doh, its not like arcane does double dps on raid fights lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    I think you've missunderstood the buff.
    It's increase the casting speed by 50%. Meaning 50% more haste to any spell.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56827/a...haste#comments
    That's true, there's also that stacking buff you can spellsteal from the little plant flayer guys, which can stack to give a 20-30% spell damage buff

Dwarf Females for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by xernos View Post
    arcane = sick burst dps, any other then raid-bosses are uncomparable tbh

why does something that does more burst dps have to be unbalanced, not all the dps is the same doh, its not like arcane does double dps on raid fights lol
    Theres a difference between unbalanced and totally overpowered. Not that hc 5 man bosses count (i agree with you at this point), but the burst is a littlebit too high . Other classes get nerfed because of lower burst. I think time will tell if mages are fine at 85. Makes no sense to jump to conclusions on lvl 80.

You can do 20k+ dps on most heroic bosses even without spellstealing the buffs from trash beforehand. Arcane has an insane amount of burst, and in short fights (i.e heroic bosses) you absolutely cane the damage meters, because you have no regen or conserve phases.

ye it does sick dmg, but is it fun to play?

nah, fire/frost preferred, can still be on par with the rest of the group, and you're out of the flamewars

Deleted
    Playing Arcane myself for the giggles and cuz i love big numbers, aint that the whole idea of mages ?

15k on a hc boss is "normal" now, 25 sec fight is why.

I did icc25 last nite and peaked at 28k dps on marrowgar, but´came out with around 14k on kill, Arcane is burst but only for a small period of time, on longer fights other dps classes can keep up.

The current arcane is built for lvl 85 content, not 80 content where bosses go down in 2mins...Why do so many people fail to see this ?
    And yes, arcane is still a easy spec to play, but if you fail to manage your mana, you will fail, always been like that!

Cata stats in wolk system is bound to mess up things, it will only last for 1½ month tho, so live with it!

My highest crit in that icc25 was on marrowgar with a 98243 AB doing burst phase

Quote Originally Posted by tulsatom View Post
    ya but damn is the game that broke right now ? i mean im in 3 piece tier 10 and i did 7k on that boss ....guess im doing something wrong ?
    No.

The patch is balanced around 85, not 80, hence the overpowered and underpowered classes. Blizzard has done their best to make this clear.

15+ Year Old Account
    so for a heroic boss that takes no time at all, you are surprised that the spec with possibly the most CDs in the game can do huge burst dps? with the buff from ascendants, mages might even kill her before she splits, rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Duticyaa View Post
    I don't even know what to say. Please go read up on how arcane mages works, and why they can kill an heroic 5 man boss in 10 sec.
    Yes I know how they work, I HAVE ONE. Maybe you should re-read what I said. I never questioned their DPS, I questioned why the poster I quoted thought that 12k dps on gar from a rogue was so impressive. Reading fail.

At 85 you cant spam arcane blast like that or u will go oom uber fast. At 80 though it doesnt matter so have fun
    Robot #1: Administer the test.
    Robot #2: Which of the following would you most prefer? A: a puppy, B: a pretty flower from your sweetie, or C: a large properly formatted data file?
    Robot #1: Choose!
    Fry: Uh, is the puppy mechanical in any way?
    Robot #2: No, it is the bad kind of puppy.
    Leela: Then we'll go with that data file!
    Robot #2: Correct!
    Robot #1: The flower would also have been acceptable.

Deleted
    if this havent been said yet; the mobs just before 2nd boss in nexus have a wicked lust+sp buff for ~30secs which mages can spellsteal ^^;

Why would you be in awe of a 15 second 5 man boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxaria View Post
    last week sindragosa hm .. was looking through recount when i saw 1 of our mages had made a 100066 crit on sindra ... would like to see that on my hunter >_>

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg258/sca...=640&ysize=640
    Wouldn't be surprised...seeing as there are numerous clips of mages getting off 60k+ crits against players outside of ICC.

146k crit as arcane on heroic blood queen last night. Enjoy it while it lasts mages, we'll have to worry about mana conservation soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    Arcane mage cycle is Arcane blast, untill you hit 80% mana then you use a mana gem for the talent buff, after that you keep spamming arcane blast up till you get around 30% of mana, then you evocation upto 90-100% mana, then you cycle the normal rotation of
    1,1,1,2, 1,1,1,2, 1,1,1,2.
    Untill Evocation has about 35-45seconds left on it's CD, then you nuke Arcane blast again and again till you hit 30% of mana, and evocation is out of CD and re-useable.
    Actually the way I've been doing it is start out a fight with every CD popped (pre pop PoM and take it off but you keep the 2 stacks of extra crit) Burn down to around 40% (37% is better but hard to hit perfectly) then evo and PoM an arcane blast before the stack wears off. Then you're in conserve phase, I try to stay between 90-100% mana during conserve phase, then when my mana gem is up, I get down to 85% mana pop the gem and arcane power and start my burn phase again. My only question is whether to start the 2nd burn phase as soon as mana gem is up or if I should wait till mirror images is up. I'm figuring a 2m cd vs a 3min cd I should just use mana gem and arcane power every 2 mins and then by the 6 minute mark they will line up again. Problem is that we rarely have fights lasting 6 minutes now, so I'll have to look that theory over.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Fire still is superior end-game wise (at the current moment). While fire may not have the single target burst Arcane has currently -- end-game raiding (specifically Lich King 25 Heroic and Halion 25 Heroic) are actually harder post 4.01. Now before someone chimes in my guild has not killed Halion 25 Heroic this week yet so she may not be doing all the goofy things she was last week now -- wont know till Thursday.

My point is multi-target - movement based fights -- Fire > Arcane and I suspect will continue to be from what I have seen on Beta so far raid encounter wise.

Hmm... lets see.

Arcane... check
    High Damage... check
    Short Fight (yes)... check

Well I see why.