Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Oh and yes this patch is balanced around 85, but blizz just added a 10% specialization nerf to all mages, and 15% for fire to help balance them at 80. Now at 85 they are weak, but I guess they'll revert those changes when cata ships. But basically now mages are more balanced for 80 because of the qq. the big difference is that we have such a gear inflation that we can play arcane in a way it wasn't intended, by just spamming AB 98% of the fight.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Enderfish View Post
    Oh and yes this patch is balanced around 85, but blizz just added a 10% specialization nerf to all mages, and 15% for fire to help balance them at 80. Now at 85 they are weak, but I guess they'll revert those changes when cata ships. But basically now mages are more balanced for 80 because of the qq. the big difference is that we have such a gear inflation that we can play arcane in a way it wasn't intended, by just spamming AB 98% of the fight.
    Blizz changed the specialization back to 25% for some unknown reason, hopefully they plan on nerfing specific spells in some way instead of an entire spec. But yes, atm mages need some balancing

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    That's a terribad buff, 500 spelldamage for an increase of 50% casttime? gtfo
    It's reduced casting time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rockallnite View Post
    Blizz changed the specialization back to 25% for some unknown reason, hopefully they plan on nerfing specific spells in some way instead of an entire spec. But yes, atm mages need some balancing

its back to 25% on the beta not live /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    its back to 25% on the beta not live /sigh
    Ah ok, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? 20 second fight with 18 Arcane Blasts each critting for 30k.. How do you not know why he is doing so much dps?

Ya arcane in 5 mans are insane on fast boss fights. We just did Heroic AN on the swamp boss and I did 34.5k dps. Just 6 arcane blasts crit average of 97k regular hit average 30k. 3 crits 3 hits. Retarded dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said when 3.2 hit Arcane mages were incredibly easy, and now with 85 coefficients, it's even worse. They already gave this class one of the best looking tier 11 sets, now this... Making me want to delete my lvl bank mage just so I don't have one

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    That's a terribad buff, 500 spelldamage for an increase of 50% casttime? gtfo
    its an increase to cast speed, not cast time. Your spells cast 50% faster.