Some combat ideas I brainstormed

I've looked at quite a few of these threads, and for a lack of finding similar ideas to mine on how to correct some of the 4.0 woes, I will share with you all what I have come up with; please keep feedback civil and constructive

Adrenaline Rush: As it is, when using AR we have way more energy than we can use; I was thinking that under the effects of AR, the GCD on our abilities could be reduced by 0.5 sec, much in the same way unholy presence works for DKs.

Main Gauche: Needs to proc off of yellow hits as well. As it is, after two weeks of raiding ICC in mostly 277 gear (armory me on bleeding hollow), MG has contributed LESS THAN 2% of my overall damage for any fight, which is an atrocity compared to every single other mastery. The old hack and slash talent, when looking at recount, procced off of everything (including non-damaging effects such as blade twisting). I would rather have the arms mastery than this in current state.

Killing Spree: Not much change here, but perhaps allowing you to use abilities during the 2.5s of spreeing.

Bandit's Guile: Instead of having the buff fall off the target after it reaches 15%, it instead stays on that target until it expires (SS/RvS refreshes) or target switch.

Expose Armor: Should be introduced as a combat ability, with a similar refresh to mut's snd and sub's rupture refreshes; Also make it stack with sunder armor.

But I have an entirely different outlook on the direction combat is taking now, with our "filler" talents and the combat tree description brings this to mind. It almost seems that combat is on the path of becoming a tanking tree, and which some changes I believe it can work.

Reinf. Leather would have a much higher coeff for armor bonus.

Imp. Recup. might need a small boost, but ok if it simply replaces snd in a normal dps situation.

Bring back riposte and the parry filler in place of RvS, with high threat.

Blade Flurry would be used for multi-target threat, maybe even make it a toggle ability.

Instead of an offensive OH, how about an ACTUAL Main gauche, an OH dagger that simply has gobs of parry, with perhaps a suitably retooled mastery. (a buckler could be suitable as well, since they were used for parrying purposes historically)

Feint, with glyph, is good as is IMO. I use it all the time to survive blistering cold on sindra or festergut aoe, plus more.

Obv reverting to a tanking tree would require a large revamp, but as is I am just grateful tanks aren't doing more dps than me as is; I just brainstormed this while trying to cheer myself up about the class. Constructive feedback, please.
    Last edited by saniya; 2010-10-20 at 05:34 AM.

IMHO, Main Gauche should just proc main hand hits, that would likely solve the majority of combat's DPS problem.

One more point, tonight I got H Tiny Abom, and the proc from that did more damage contribution than MG.