How is warlock soloing in 4.0.1?

Has anyone tried soloing any dungeons/raids in the new patch? If so, what are some of the toughest instances a warlock can solo now? Also what would you say is the best spec for this?

Affliction! You can healz

Well you can really heal with any spec no? And also Im thinking demo because you have a big bad pet tank, and improved health funnel and healthstones n stuff. Also dont forget metamorphosis is aff still better even though the boss would pretty much be hitting you directly? Also what are the toughest instances a warlock can solo now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been soloing Heroic Sethekk Halls, Heroic Magister's Terrace, and ZG as Demo since 4.0.1, super easy and quick.

Soloing tbc heroics is easier than ever before. Pre-patch I had only soloed mgt hc and slave pens hc. Now I've cleared the 6 heroics I was missing for the burning crusade hc achievement and I didn't die once. Felstorm ftw.

With reduced healing of Affliction it makes it harder to solo tough stuff, like Molten Core. I soloed everything in there in 3.3 and now i don't have enough healing for half of bosses. Have to improvise.]

For example, soulburned seed is the only effective method of healing via siphon life. I really wish i could get improved fel armor at level 80 but alas.

And do remember that on level 85 our stamina will scale waaaay upwards, making Siphon Life not so terrible.

Also, as of 4.0.1 destruction, i can solo every Outland Heroic. Yep, destruction. Stuff dies before it touches me — 25k solo conflag crits + aoe stun + random stun from rain of fire + voidwalker + soul link.

It's also very sad to see Improved Health Funnel to go on Demo Tier 3 — my old affliction die hard spec is no longer possible (Soul Link +glyph, Siphon Life +glyph, Imp Health Funnel, Haunt).

Do it as Demo or Destruction (if you know what you're doing). Affliction's kinda useless...

alright guys thanks! sounds like warlock soloing capabilities are in a great place now

Deleted
    Been soloing ZG as affliction. 'tis easy, although easy to screw up as well (stupid voodoo piles).

finally got round to soloing shit on my lock last night.

sethekk halls hc - destro for most of it. went demo for anzu
    ramparts hc - just went through as destro.
    zul'gurub - demo. pets tps is nice, and thekal i pretty much just aoe'd down straight away and it was fine.

will probably try molten core soon as im pretty eager to get the other binding :<

Deleted
    soloed sh,mgt,steamvaults,arcatraz hc's
    i'll try kara this weekend...before patch just could do 3 bosses, maybe a full run now

im demo for soloing and destro for pve, but sometimes destro could work for ex: i kill chillwing from toc dailies faster as destro
    Last edited by mmocc33b2fc726; 2010-10-20 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since i specced demo (yuk) after this patch i went and did every TBC heroic on him and well, the felguard has lost its taunt and IMO is rather squishy, tho he makes up for it with the felstorm which has no target limit like bladestorm to warrior. And basically a full felstorm kills/almost kills any tbc heroic PACK,
    as for bosses u just pop metamorphis and if u got at least some gear he should be dead before u are : ) as for the hardest one to solo....god i died alot in shattered halls Q__Q
    I havent tried soloing as affli yet, but selfhealing is nerfed with the SL change and such, I did solo MGThc prepatch as both affli/SL and destro/SL so should still work (just having problems with the 3rd boss), and with the soul harvest it goes alot faster after packs now. I would recommend demo, tho i hate it, just cus i dont know if u manage to nuketank down every boss ur gonna try solo before u die urself as affli/destro.

As for ZG, my runs (killing both raptor and tiger) went from like 25minutes or w/e as affli/SL prepatch, now as demo its more like 2 mins. As affli/SL i would let my VW tank the "rogue" and the other silencing douche while i was draning the guy with the healz dry then slowly dotting/surviving as they all went down. Now i let my felguard do the VW previous job, raping them pretty decent while i just get them all 3 down to about 50% or something, i just pop metamorphis and felstorm and nuke everything they all die within the amount of time for a ress : )!

Raptor, i used to have myself and my portal up on the sideledge of his "temple" letting my VW tank him within my range while i was having aggro from raptor(which cant get to me, just standing there staring at me) the thing here was that u cant overaggro cus u will get ported down to him which made this fight take a VERY long time. Now i can actually pop metamorphis and just nuketank him down b4 he kills me =S, a blessing imo ^^

hope this load of text doesnt crit u 2 hard, soz for spelling mistakes or w/e, still awake *_*
    Last edited by towelie; 2010-10-20 at 07:19 AM.

Been soloing heroic Sethekk Halls since I found out about Anzu. First few times went in as Demo, took on Anzu as demo. Cake. Deaths only due to being careless.

Then I went in as destro. Trash went down faster and with less trouble (might have a lot to do with me being pretty ignorant about Demo's current rotation...) so I figured I'd give Anzu a try as destro. VW, even with taunting, couldn't keep him off me, and then his adds took me out.

Think I might try out some regular wrath dungeons (like UK and nexus).

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not try to solo these heroic dungeons before 4.0.1, but I was bored one day and easily soloed the heroic version of:
    * Sethekk Halls (Anzu took a couple of tries being unfamiliar with the fight, didn't expect adds twice etc )
    * Auchenai Crypts
    * Mana Tombs
    * Shadow Labyrinth

as Destruction.

I also steamrolled through normal MGT 22 times in an evening. Sure, it's not hard, but 22 times still takes a while normally.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Even with destruction I find it very easy to solo TBC heriocs and WotLK normal dungeons, because of your heavy nuke most of the bosses are already below 20% health when they are able to hit you, then teleport away and burst as much as you can, save a soulburn+healthstone if you are not sure you are able to handle it.
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.

Demo for the harder stuff, things like TFA i just do as destro aswell as most trash in heroic shettek halls. i swap to demo when you have to aoe the birds