Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't put in enough effort in your grammar. I'm quitting these forums.

See ya'll tomorrow.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if you really think about it, it was probably more time-consuming for someone to grind enough badges for a full T9 set than to just get your guild to drag you through the 25m while you spam a rotation and avoid fire.
    PvE heroes put way too much value on their ability to play this game. It's not that you're putting in more effort or sacrificing more to get the best gear... You'd probably be playing this game for 7 hours a day even if you didn't raid. Nolifers play so much because they have nothing better to do, frankly.

The value of being able to sit in a chair, screaming down a headset for hours on end mashing buttons is limited in my eyes.
    But hey, just mind your own business, get your gear, play with your friends and don't worry about having to sit in dalaran pretending to be AFK on top of the well on your achievement mount. It looks really lame.

Deleted
    Let us see your armory and we'll see how heroic you are I doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    Good sir, I do believe the mindset of The Burning Crusade was left quite a while back.

"Noobs" won't get getting the most recent gear unless the earn it. But they will have access to the last tier gear, via Justice/Valor/Whatever points.

That will have to suffice as the middle ground. I think it will work.
    Which is stupid, because why should a player who only does heroics need raid gear? When you are able to get better or the same gear from easier stuff (like heroics) than hard raid content (like ulduar), then it is bad game deisgn. I still question why in gods name people only doing heroics would ever need raid gear, you are not raiding, why should you need raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    You know, if you really think about it, it was probably more time-consuming for someone to grind enough badges for a full T9 set than to just get your guild to drag you through the 25m while you spam a rotation and avoid fire.
    PvE heroes put way too much value on their ability to play this game. It's not that you're putting in more effort or sacrificing more to get the best gear... You'd probably be playing this game for 7 hours a day even if you didn't raid. Nolifers play so much because they have nothing better to do, frankly.

The value of being able to sit in a chair, screaming down a headset for hours on end mashing buttons is limited in my eyes.
    But hey, just mind your own business, get your gear, play with your friends and don't worry about having to sit in dalaran pretending to be AFK on top of the well on your achievement mount. It looks really lame.
    That is because of ToC normal and heroic was designed for retards, it was way too easy and way to undertuned(and underwhelming) compared to what we got thrown at us before, Ulduar.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2010-10-20 at 06:11 AM.

For people to have the same current gear as you. If it does turn out like they said where 10 man's are attuned to be just as difficult as 25 man's. Then who cares if they have the same gear? It means they have just as much skill to gain that gear. For people that don't have the groups of friends/guild or even the skill required to perform tasks to get the current gear, they will be in the tier before the most current sets. Who cares how they gained it, they won't be in your current gear.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

Quote Originally Posted by striker15515 View Post
    Thank you. Then im a casual gamer just because I have a life doesnt mean we cannot get the same gear you hardcores have.
    Never make the mistake of presuming that you have more of a life than the "hardcores". The fact the gear matters to you at all already begins to detract from that suggestion.

Also, you're wrong. It precisely does mean you shouldn't be able to get the same gear as them - at least at the same time. Why should you get the same gear for 2 hours effort a day as someone who has to work 6 hours a day at it?

For this reason, no - "casuals" will get the same gear several months AFTER hardcore players, by which stage, the hardcores will have the next tier set. You must be raiding to get the current tier set (in Cata).
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Another Wrath baby then clearly.. you'll last long in this expac. I hear Hello Kitty Island Adventure has pretty tier gear you can get.
    I'll slap you so hard you'll feel like you've kissed a Freight Train..

Not a single troll alert in 3 pages, amazing!

OT: Good luck growing up

Two words:
    Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinazo View Post
    Will "noobs" , or as i say, People who doesnt put in enough effort, be able to get tier gear in cata? If that whats going to happen im quiting this game.
    I have no idea how did you survive WotLK.

If you wanna feel special because you can afford to raid 24/7, then WoW is not the right game for you...

Hell, I got my wrathful set on one toon from the over 2k Venture coins I had being converted to honor this patch. That was beyond welfare, picking up some gears and cogs and throwing smoke bombs at lev 74 mobs got me my gear!

Deleted
    if noonds couldnt get tier gear because they were noobs theyd complain that the game was too hard, complain on the forums then quit wow, and blizzard want the extra money.

As has been the case for the whole expansion, the top tier is more or less only available to raiders.

I think the one thing that will change is you won't see sooooo many pugs plowing through instances. With the amount of CC etc needed it will just be hellish to setup up and control things without a patient bunch of folks. That OCCASIONALLY happens with a pug but it's generally Mr GOGOGOGOGOGOMFG vs "so what do I do with this bite debuff?".

The perk you get as a "serious" raider is being ahead on gear not WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead on gear (to relate it to Wrath and even though I HATE the addon) you generally saw most pug type folks on around 5500-5800 gearscore, most people who were raiding and doing well (i.e didn't suck worst than the average pug, "Legendary Protectors" of Twilight's Hammer EU, amongst others, i'm looking at you) were on over 6k. That's the difference you're looking at again.

If someone has the same or better gear than you and not guilded they are likely either between guilds or just a shitload better than you, live with it
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2010-10-20 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted

Cool

There is a difference between those who do not put much effort in, "Noobs", and casual players. "Noobs" do not put any effort in to learn any aspect of the game what so ever, they complain about the game being too easy yet also complain about the game being too hard. They are carried through instances not understanding what they are doing and once they have had a taste of Icecrown they feel as though they are king of the world. This description encapsulates you. Casuals do in fact raid, and they are good raiders. They take longer over bosses but once he is down, they usually know the fight a whole lot better than the hardcore guild that blasted through it. I would rather be in a casual raiding guild because at least you can make mates and chat with eachother, this has never happened in so called Hardcore raiding guilds I have been in. Casuals will be more often than not raiding for current gear unless raiding does not take your fancy. Casuals will also have all the cool mounts way before you like the turtle! Ahh turtles!
    And so I conclude this big box of text by saying, why does it matter to you? If you are so "hardcore" you will be in heroic gear that no one else has!

Ok I said this before, in a big wall of text. Yet another on coming get ready for it.
    Just because us "casuals can only raid once maybe thrice (thats 1-3 times for those who dont get it) a week but can farm heroics for hours cause their jobs real world issues take precident over a video game doesn't mean that dont deserve the same gear content or whatever you harcores (meaning the ones the raid 4-5 night days a week for upto 6-8 hours or more) we still learn our class role whatever but I do agree bad player is bad we all pay the same and should get the same

Not really a big wall of text
    Last edited by myselfandnotyou; 2010-10-20 at 06:52 AM. Reason: commet to add

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    How does the gear that another player has affect you?

Oh, that's right. It doesn't.

"MOMMY! THAT OTHER BOY HAS THE SAME TOY AS ME!"

Hahah, that was so funny :P

I would like to add: "...and they are idling/pretending to be AFK in <insert capital city here> like me on my uber rare mount waiting to be inspected by people with lesser gear!"

I'm getting a feeling that what wow players call "Casual" is still considered hardcore in most other games.
    I never considered myself a casual player, but I still rarely played the highest tier instances in any WoW addon. (Naxx classic, Ahn'Qiraj, ICC hardmode etc)
    Last edited by pixartist; 2010-10-20 at 07:05 AM.

sounds childish, but ofcourse, if you want good gear, you need to put some effort into gettting it. stick with it, or go leave and play MyLittlePony.

Deleted
    People will skip raid content if they can farm tier gear through heroics; because it's more comfortable. Early Cataclysm raids will lose nearly all meaning by the time T13 rolls around...unless of course the weekly quest guides you there. In which case you will make a quick(!) run to the required boss before disbanding the raid. I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants new players to experience as much of the endgame content as possible, not only the most recent tier. I would prefer a compromise, because I think players should be awarded for their time to a certain degree no matter if they raid or not. Make rings, amulets, trinkets, ranged slot items and cloaks of the previous tier available through justice points and the rest only available through valor points. This guarantees character progressions while raids of the earlier tiers remain attractive.