Shaman troubles.

I need help with my shaman, I know some about my shaman but after this patch i just went to the pooper

His name is Trølling, Onyxia US and i was wondering if you guys can help, My rotation is FS, Lavaburst, chain, LB, then lb untill chain, then lb untill lava and so on and forth.

I am pulling about 6-7k unbuffed on single target heroic dummy.

Please help me, I'm so lost lol.

I'm elemental.

I have a mixture of gems.
    And i don't know if you can look up my gear or not.
    Last edited by MrTrolling; 2010-10-20 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    As along u are on pvp gear on armory atm and talent trees are bugged..... i cant see if u are corectly geared and gemmed i can only help u with basic rotation

Rotation

1-FS allways up (with t10-4 pcs u should use it only 1 time)
    2-LvB is avviable? Y=Go point 3 No=Cast IT
    3-Cast LB
    4-U have 9 stack f LS? Y=Use ES No=BK to point 2

Other note: Use Searing totem as Fire 1 (but atm it dont dmg HC Dummy)

Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    As along u are on pvp gear on armory atm and talent trees are bugged..... i cant see if u are corectly geared and gemmed i can only help u with basic rotation

Rotation

1-FS allways up (with t10-4 pcs u should use it only 1 time)
    2-LvB is avviable? Y=Go point 3 No=Cast IT
    3-Cast LB
    4-U have 9 stack f LS? Y=Use ES No=BK to point 2

Other note: Use Searing totem as Fire 1 (but atm it dont dmg HC Dummy)
    Can you explain your letters lol First time here. and as of now i have no pvp gear at all

You schould use in red sockels 20 int; in yellow sockels 10int 10 haste not 20 haste; and in blue one 2x 10 int 15 stam for the meta. If you have more than 2 blue sockels put 20 int in it.
    reforce all your crit to mastery you schould have ca. 16-20% mastery.
    if you are over the hitcap reforge "wille"(whats the fu.. englisch word for Wille??) into mastery.
    Use lightning schild istead of water schild and by 9 stacks of lightning schild use earthschock for Fullmination.
    use Lavabrust whenever its ready and dont use chainlightning its a to litle damag ingrease for too much mana.
    You also can change your cloath armor into mail for the 5% int buff when you only whear mail

P.S.: sorry for the bad englisch ^^

I replaced that spirit gem with a 10 int and 10 spirit and it put my hit rating to 16.93

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolling View Post
    Can you explain your letters lol First time here. and as of now i have no pvp gear at all
    1: Flame Shock has at least 3 seconds = go to step 2
    2: Fulmination is at 8-9 charges = cast Earth Shock
    3: Flame Shock has less then 3 seconds = cast Flame Shock
    4: Lava Burst is off cooldown = Cast Lava Burst
    5: Searing Totem is not Active = Cast Searing Totem
    6: Lightning Bolt when all others do not apply.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Don't keep Chain Lightning on cd on a single target fight. Earth Shock when you have 8-9 Lightning Shield orbs, use Lava Burst when Lava Surge procs.

Should i use searing totem? instead of flametongue?

Deleted
    Get to around 446 hit rating, 17.(something)% to be capped, as said ,reforge your crit into 1. extra hit if really needed, 2. mastery(this is your top prio after getting hit capped). 3. only if you must, then reforge haste into mastery, doing this you can easily get to ~20 mastery, which gives your elemental overload at least 35% chance to proc, an increase of 19%...

Gem for intellect, a mix of int and haste if you feel you need haste, but still, make sure you are hitcapped. Got atm 1100 haste on my shaman and close to 20 mastery, so be careful of dropping too much haste, as you'll end up regretting it.

Dont use chain lightning unless you're on trash. Simply because, the only reason before to REALLY use chain lightning was to time your casting with the CD of Lavaburst. So now that we have lavasurge, you won't really have the time, or the abillity to predict when lavaburst will finish it's cooldown.

Otherwise, try Totemspot.com , great start for 4.0.1 ele shamans!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolling View Post
    Should i use searing totem? instead of flametongue?
    Yes. Fire totems all give you and your group/raid 10% spellpower due to the talent in the ele tree. So, flametongue is in most of the cases pretty useless.

Deleted
    Hopfully I can convince a good elemental shaman to write a FAQ for 4.0.1 I focus on resto and levva does the enh side of things. So I'll see what I can do!

Okay guys look at my gems now on wowheroes

Quote Originally Posted by Mikar View Post
    if you are over the hitcap reforge "wille"(whats the fu.. englisch word for Wille??) into mastery.
    "Spirit" is our "Wille".

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    1: Flame Shock has at least 3 seconds = go to step 2
    2: Fulmination is at 8-9 charges = cast Earth Shock
    3: Flame Shock has less then 3 seconds = cast Flame Shock
    4: Lava Burst is off cooldown = Cast Lava Burst
    5: Searing Totem is not Active = Cast Searing Totem
    6: Lightning Bolt when all others do not apply.
    Are you sure it's a good idea to clip flame shock? That part seems a little off to me. The priority I've been using is more like:

1: Flame Shock if it has fallen off
    2: Searing totem if it has disappeared or Fire Ele if it's off CD IF you don't have another Totemic Wrath buffer in the raid
    3: Fulmination at 9 stacks, and either Lava Burst is on cooldown or Clearcasting is already up
    4: Lava Burst
    5: Fulmination at 9 stacks
    6: Fulmination at 8 stacks if EM and/or a high spellpower trinket proc will run out before you hit 9.
    7: Searing Totem if it has fallen off or Fire ele if it's off CD
    8: Lightning Bolt

The reason I have the #2 in there is that I believe that the 10% more SP you'll get from the Fire totem if someone else isn't already providing it will be worth delaying everything else and the reason I have #3 in there is because if you cast Lava Burst first, you aren't wasting any possible LS charges and you guarantee you have Clearcasting up for Fulmination.

Edit #2: Pearroc I can write the FAQ and send it to you in a PM to see what you think of it before posting it here if you want me to. In the meantime Bink has an excellent guide up on totemspot if you want to take anything from that as well.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2010-10-21 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Fixed #3 for clarity

so what i've been doing is,

1. totems down. (searing totems instead of flametongue)
    2. fs
    3. LAVA
    4.LB untill LAVA becomes available.
    5. ES when 9 stacks.
    6. Repeat.

and it's improved.

MrTrolling just looking at your gear atm and I'm guessing you recently got some new upgrades but definitely remember the proper gemming guidelines.
    Blue socket use int/spirit(can also use pure spirit gems if it helps to min/max with reforging)
    yellow socket use int/haste
    red socket use int
    and as Mikar said definitely go for mail gear to replace the gloves and wrists! The healing gloves off festergut on 25 man are good or you can get the ele gloves. Even the wrists off marrowgar on 10 man are better than the ones ya have now. That 5% buff to int is a pretty big bonus!

Otherwise keep up the gearing and get your stuff enchanted:P