Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

4.0.1 Changes, Raid Testing Videos, Class Balance Hotfixes, Blue Posts

5 Things about 4.0.1 that I never had the time to news
    Because, I really have to get them on the front page at some point.

• Epic gems cooldown aren't removed, they're just syncronized with the daily quest reset now.
    • You can farm Anzu in heroic Sethekk Halls for his epic mount even if you're not a druid.
    • You can buy most of Arena gear even if you do not have the proper rating, requirements seems to be gone from all items. ilvl 277 weapons are the only items left with a rating requirement.
    • The gold cap is now 1,000,000 Gold.
    • I don't actually have a 5th one, so here is a hug. /hug

Raid Testing Videos
    More videos of the new raid instances have been released following yesterday's raid testing.

Class Balance & Hotfixes - 10/19
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    We have pushed a hotfix to improve hunter damage.

Specifically, we increased the damage of the signature abilities (Chimera Shot, Explosive Shot and Kill Command) by 15-25%. This will both improve overall damage-dealing and make sure that these abilities are prioritized higher than other shots. We think this will bring hunters to a good enough state until they hit 85. Aspect of the Fox and Cobra Shot solve some specific issues at higher levels. Marksman hunters may still trump Survival and Beastmaster hunters until they’re 85, since their rotations rely a little on Cobra Shot.

EU Raid Testing on Beta
    Originally Posted by Daelo (Blue Tracker)
    Don't worry, EU can test these bosses tomorrow! I'm not going to turn them off right at 10am our time, I'll keep them up through most all of the day tomorrow.

On a seperate note, 25 player Maloriak currently has a significant bug in place. We're working on a hotfix, but until that goes live it's not functioning properly. 10 player seems to be much better behaved, but we're looking at a despawn issue with it.

Atramedes is testable.

BlizzCon 2010 Registration Bar Codes
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker)
    We are currently in the process of resending all BlizzCon 2010 registration bar codes. Now, don't panic—this is simply for your convenience. These bar codes are identical to those included in previous emails and the printable versions from your Battle.net order history.

Please be sure to bring a copy of your bar code along with a photo ID to pick up your ticket(s) at BlizzCon registration. We'll see you there!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Armor changes in 4.0.1
    We looked into your findings, and the armor numbers reflect an intentional change meant to cover the armor increases players would get between levels 81 and 85. We should have been more explicit with the rest of the announced Cataclysm changes that physical damage would go up. (It only affects creatures higher than level 80 -- bosses in this case -- so this change has no current PvP ramifications.)

Now that our live class balance changes are slowing down* and players are starting to learn their class changes, we can get a better idea of whether players are struggling more on content that they used to be able to clear. We've made some Icecrown and Halion changes already and we may need to make more.

Nice job on the analysis.

* -- We are continuing to make Cataclysm changes for classes. We will extend these to level 80 and / or hotfix when we think it's relevant. (Source)

Resilience Hotfix
    My resilience post above was confusing.

We had buffed resilience by 50% and then lowered it by 25%. This is a 12.5% buff from before the patch. To use clean numbers, if you had 40% damage reduction, we buffed it to 60% (a 50% increase) and then lowered it to 45% (a 25% decrease). (Source)

Balance in low-level BGs
    So can a blue state whether or not the very, very high damage outputs in low level pvp will be addressed or not? Rogues able to one-shot most enemies in sub-80 pvp: working as intended, or not?
    Nobody should be one-shotting at any battleground level, so yes that (and many other class abilities) will be addressed. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Weak mages on Beta
    This is a case of having to balance differently between 80 and 85. The original mage numbers were targeted at 85, which made them overpowered at 80. We nerfed them at 80, which then made them weak at 85. We now have two sets of numbers in place so that they should be relatively balanced at both levels.

Mages are not the only class with this problem, sometimes in the opposite direction. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy Paladin Hotfix
    Yes, we buffed the 5 paladin direct heals (FoL, HL, DL, HS, WoG). This is a change for both level 80 and 85. We are going to tone down Holy Radiance as I described in the other thread. It can be powerful without being 75% of paladin healing.

I know it's customary for players to classify everything as either overpowered or garbage, but we believe there are actual numbers in between say 1 and 100, so give the changes a chance before you dismiss them.

It is possible we will nerf Word of Glory for Prot and Ret at 85 to compensate for this buff since they probably don't need stronger Words. (Source)
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-10-20 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Gold cap 1 000 000! oh well, couldn't be better news

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    yay! hunter changes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    • You can farm Anzu in heroic Sethekk Halls for his epic mount even if you're not a druid.
    Wait, what?!
    You wait until now to tell me that?

Alright, now I've something else to do besides farming Magister's Terrace for the Hawkstrider.

rating requirements still exist on top tier weapons, shoulders and the tabard. all of them have a requirement of 2000+!

Had to create this account, just because the fifth thing is awesome. Cheers.

Deleted
    Well hunter damage definitaly needed a change, I am not saying it needed to be increased but having so low dmg from Chimera was literally pathetic

its nice that you dont need to be druid now, after my second try i got it! yay!
    must... resist... lust for... seeing the... raid boss fight spoilers...

10+ Year Old Account

ty!

Thankyou for the hug!

~~~~:Sister Skaoi:~~~~
    The Cabal of Frostmourne

Deleted
    wow, Al'Akir is big

Here is your well deserved /hug!from us. Keep us good informed Boub <3

10+ Year Old Account
    WHUAT? Arean gear without rating? O_O
    Damn, I need to get my mage to lvl80! QUICK!

Wrathful shoulders also require rating, only the 264 items can be bought trough honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC you can only buy stuff that you could get from 2s with honor (so no shoulders, tabard or t2 weapon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the /hug was an excellent addition. Already mentioned above, but rating for 2200+ is still there, so no t2shoulders/weapons (that is a good thing).

Good for the hunters, they DID need it. Nope my main is a paladin, I'm sure if you look you can find plenty of me posting about it. I'm really glad they buffed the heals too. Maybe now some of my paladin healer friends will come back. Meh, several rolled mages/rogues and are having too much fun one shotting people in bgs.

Glad to see they are toning down the damage in lower level bgs. Today alone I've talked to several people that were just now trying out bgs. They got so frustrated being one shotted over and over they just quit doing them. Pvp has such small numbers as it is, anything they can do to encourage more people is great.

edit, just a note for those rejoicing at pvp gear requiring no rating. Think of how you might feel if your raid gear was suddenly purchasable with justice points. Imagine if your shadowmourne/dfo etc were purchasable with trinkets. I wish they would have lowered the rating requirement to say 500. That means anyone that even did a few weeks could have gotten it. Just handing them out for free though, meh. Yes that means on some of my guys I wouldn't have been able to get wrathful, but still. It really feels like a slap in the face to those that earned it. To them: I'm sorry blizz did this. You guys earned your gear, and you should have been able to keep it special. I'm just glad they at least reserved the t2 weapon/shoulders.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2010-10-20 at 08:21 AM.

I had seen this hotfix earlier tonight and noticed my Kill Commands were going way up. I had never really used them before but I was averaging around 18k with 21k crits in ICC 10 tonight. Made being a pocket BL much more bareable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically, Boub, the cap is 999,999g 99s 99c.

YOU'RE WRONG BY ONE COPPER.

/hug

Mmm, million golds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy most of Arena gear even if you do not have the proper rating, requirements seems to be gone from all items. ilvl 277 weapons are the only items left with a rating requirement.
    Note that you can also not buy shoulders. So basically you cannot buy anything that would require 3vs3/5vs5 rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our banker is be happy.