any change at gold transfer?

As it is now if we want to go to a new server we can take with us i think only 20k g

i am thinking to change change server at some point and since i am gold capped at 2 chars that means i will have to leave back most of my golds.

i am wandering if since they raised the gold cap at 1.000.000 g they have any plans to raise the transfer limit.

also i think they were thinking to allow cross server mails

any info from the beta or anywhere else will be apreciated

The cap needs to be raised. 20k is a joke. i will faction-change in cata, but leave 280k at alliance-side sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    We all know the reason they have the limit is to stop the gold sellers from working. Yet again you can bitch at the players for this and NOT blizzard. If players did not buy gold the market would not exist for the sellers and rules would not be made to manage it. I hope they do not change the 20k limit, that alone is already high enough to allow the gold sellers to function. I would ask you, why do you need so much gold? If you find it so easy to make gold why are you concerned with having some stay behind? Certainly 20k is more then enough to start a well endowed character off in a new server with no problems at all. Also, there are more then enough ways to transfer assets beyond the liquid cash limit already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Buy stuff, and then resell it on the new server
    ???
    Profit

I hope they increase it, 20k is 'easy' to get right now.. and it will be even easier at lvl85

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Buy stuff, and then resell it on the new server
    ???
    Profit
    At Cataclysm Release? LK Items won't sell and Cata Items aren't available.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not looking at this from a business perspective.

Allow players to transfer toons across servers.
    Restrict the amount of resources they can take with them.
    Release an expansion, a time when many people are starting over on new servers.
    Maintain the limit on resource transfer.
    Sell them a transfer.
    Sell them another transfer for more resources.
    Profit....twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post

Sell them a transfer.
    Profit....twice.
    Prizes for this man

Quote Originally Posted by say10 View Post
    Prizes for this man
    ^^^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post

Sell them a transfer.
    Profit....twice.
    And Blizzard wins again! /applaud

I Casualclysm the Gold-Cap for 1 Character is 999,999,999 and the gold income is raised, so its logic to raise the transfer-limit.
    It should be like this:

# Level 10-30: 300 gold limit
    # Level 31-50: 1,000 gold limit
    # Level 51-69: 5,000 gold limit
    # Level 70-79: 20,000 gold limit
    # Level 80+: 100,000 gold limit

I think nobody is that stupid to transfer more than 1 char just for his gold. If they don't change it, i won't pay them anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    I Casualclysm the Gold-Cap for 1 Character is 999,999,999 and the gold income is raised, so its logic to raise the transfer-limit.
    It should be like this:

# Level 10-30: 300 gold limit
    # Level 31-50: 1,000 gold limit
    # Level 51-69: 5,000 gold limit
    # Level 70-79: 20,000 gold limit
    # Level 80+: 100,000 gold limit

I think nobody is that stupid to transfer more than 1 char just for his gold. If they don't change it, i won't pay them anything.
    That is a massive overkill you got there, I've seen many in this thread, just stating how easy it is to get the 20K, and how easier it will be in Cataclysm. Surely, you can survive with some gold bars as Pocket Money for the few days it's obviously takes. You don't even need that much gold, and you can get it meanwhile.