UI noob looking for help~~

Hey guys,

I have been playing with the defult interface / action bars since day 1. I'm now really bored and dislike the lack of customerizaion provided by the defult interface.

I have seen some really nice interface posted by other members which I would like to use. But I'm unsure of what I require to download. Some of the UI package contains alot of addons that i don't use.

Interface that I like is the one posted by PussnBoots, page 81 in the "post your UI" thread. Sorry, im still unable to add link.

I just want my interface to look simple and clean. Action bars in the middle with chat box on the left, and some space on the right for Recount.
    My mon is 19" non wide screen type, the stupid gryphon at both side of the action bar waste alot of my screen space.

I will be grateful for your help by letting me know what i need to download to set up a new looking interface or link me a guide.

Addons that I'm using now are:
    Xperl
    Onmicc
    DBM
    ShocknAW
    Forte spell timer
    Rune Mover
    Recount

If you want to build your own UI and not download compilations I can recommend to you the following addons:

Bartender - Pretty sure you've heard of it.If not, it's an addon to replace the default Blizzard action bars(and removes the eagles on the sides aswell ;p)

Chatter(or any similar chat addon) - Lots of configuration for the chat box and combat log.

Other than that, you can get some kind of a minimap customization addon(SexyMap, SimpleMinimap) and some addon that can make the bars look smoother ( ButtonFacade).Everything else is optional.

As for the UI you said you liked, it's a custom created package.It's called Tukui if I'm not mistaken.
    I'm not very familiar with other custom UI packages but I think LUI is also very good.
    Last edited by Failcon; 2010-10-20 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo omg

If you are looking for UI packets there are plenty on both curse here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/packs/default.aspx
    and at WoWInterface here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat28.html

The one i'm using is http://xanithon.wowinterface.com/dow...53-ElenIU.html it has been updated for 4.0.1 and is really easy to set up. Since the creator is French some settings are in french but not many and you barely notice it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..

It depends largely on if you want a pre-made or build your own.
    Certainly building your own will make something that fits you, not what someone else thinks will fit you.
    Bartender or Dominos will serve well for the action bars.
    No specific need for a chat addon, since most provide functionality you will never need, though there are lighterweight alternatives which may suit as a stepping stone if needbe.
    Most guides are based around a specific addon, so perhaps not terribly useful if you don't already know what you want.
    I will have a look around though.

I have to agree with the posters above.

Start with an action bar addon, such as Bartender or Dominos. They are pretty much the same thing. This will clear up a lot of your screen space. Once you have that configured to your liking, take a step back and look at your UI as a whole. Are you satisfied with it? Is it perfect for what you need to do? If there is something that bugs you focus on finding out what you can and can not do with that particular feature and then move on to the next. Once you spend some time configuring different addons, you'll find that it's quite easy creating your own and a bit underwhelming as compared to using a preconfigured UI with dozens of addons which can appear very overwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robot arms apartment building, New New York
    I'd recommend just getting Bartender (or similiar) and some kind of chatframe addon. I run with bartender and prat (aswell as omen/recount/dbm etc).
    I've tried out pitbull and sexymap but in then end i just cba with the hassle of configuring them, and I end up yearning for the old stock portraits and minimap, which tbh are perfectly fine.

Lui is pretty gorgeous (if lacking a little in the functionality department) alas, it's not fully updated for 4.0 yet, but keep an eye out.
    Tukui is your minimalism ui package of choice, updated for 4.0 too.

Then you've got things like Roth's UI and Spartan UI etc. Have a google around really.