Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why Mutlishot just doesn't cut it

Now first off I will state for the record that I prefer multishot to volley. It just fits the class better, hunters don't drop arrow like rain. It just doesn't happen.

But the problem we have now is that multishot is a single hit and costs too much focus. When we had volley we could channel the "spell" whilst still casting autoshot. The damage that each individual arrow caused was small, but a full 6 seconds of these little babys could mount up.

Now we have a single shot that will hit all mobs within 8 yards. Yes the initial damage is higher, but we can't spam this shot without costing too much focus and leaving us nothing but Steady to regain the focus back.

Are we going to see this ever changed. Probably not, but I would like to see Multishot replaced with what Explosive shot originaly was. You hit the first target and then the explosive ticks hit all other mobs within 8 yards for X amount of damage per 2 sec for 6 seconds. At least this would give us a semi useful AoE.

Deleted
    Blacing will happen. And also get full focus spam Multi till down Steady Steady Multi = win in AE packs.

I pulled 13k dps doing that in HoL yesterday

I think the current design is fine, especially in a Cataclysm context. Its basically a range Fan of Knives
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

For me Multishot+ Bombardment + high mastery as MM isnt that bad.
    I havent tried SV multishot with Serpent Spread + ImpSerpSt + Toxicology but reports are this is also quite a damage.
    So only BM stays without any reliable AoE

if you REALLY wanna do good massive AoE, get a surv spec

multi+ serpent spread+ imp SS +lower CD on exp trap = awesome aoe

good if you go for surv (which is quite lol right now w/o cobra shot sadly)

use explosive trap with all specs, initial damage sucks but the aoe dot is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv View Post
    Its basically a range Fan of Knives
    Yay for class homogenization, right?? Multishot is a boring ability. I much preferred Volley for AoE.

Deleted
    From the feeling I like Multishot way more. And given that cata content isn't filled with AOE fights as current content is, Multishot is just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Yay for class homogenization, right?? Multishot is a boring ability. I much preferred Volley for AoE.
    yeah, because we all know Volley was so much different than blizzard or rain of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    I much preferred Volley for AoE.
    Yay for class homogenization, right?? Volley is completely unique isn't it...
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Also remember you have explosive trap - the damage is reasonably significant for the focus cost, especially with the trap launcher glyph.

But yeah BM needs an AE option.

10+ Year Old Account
    65k on the trash before Sindy, Multi is fine

the clear answer was kamikaze pet bombs. unique in every way (well a little like some engineering weps but w/e).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by poogle View Post
    Also remember you have explosive trap - the damage is reasonably significant for the focus cost, especially with the trap launcher glyph.

But yeah BM needs an AE option.
    Get a worm
    Haven't tried it's AOE but from what I've read it is pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    Get a worm
    Haven't tried it's AOE but from what I've read it is pretty decent.
    It is a good amout of damage but very poor DPS because of its 30 second CD.
    Chimaera could be better for sustained AoE

Haven't really done anything since the patch, but do people know if multiple hits cc'd targets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    Haven't really done anything since the patch, but do people know if multiple hits cc'd targets?
    Haven't really been able to test that yet, since noone actually is using cc.
    Last edited by mmoc24c42d1ec8; 2010-10-20 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    For me Multishot+ Bombardment + high mastery as MM isnt that bad.
    I havent tried SV multishot with Serpent Spread + ImpSerpSt + Toxicology but reports are this is also quite a damage.
    So only BM stays without any reliable AoE
    BW + multi is very nice for BM hunters.

I went survival for last nights icc 25 and I have to say multishot + improved serpent sting * serpent spread is very nice. With my explosive trap I capping out at 35k top end on ae packs, throwing on explosive shots on lock and load procs. Can't wait for the ae packs before sind tonight lol.
    Last edited by xuros; 2010-10-20 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedhead View Post
    hunters don't drop arrow like rain. It just doesn't happen.
    Ignoring the rest of your post: Dont they?

Dont see how that is any less "huntery" than shooting infinite arrows in different directions in one go.

Trash pack before Sindy is the best aoe test. Spike at about 85k on that group going SV w/ explosive trap down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedhead View Post
    Now first off I will state for the record that I prefer multishot to volley. It just fits the class better, hunters don't drop arrow like rain. It just doesn't happen.

But the problem we have now is that multishot is a single hit and costs too much focus. When we had volley we could channel the "spell" whilst still casting autoshot. The damage that each individual arrow caused was small, but a full 6 seconds of these little babys could mount up.

Now we have a single shot that will hit all mobs within 8 yards. Yes the initial damage is higher, but we can't spam this shot without costing too much focus and leaving us nothing but Steady to regain the focus back.

Are we going to see this ever changed. Probably not, but I would like to see Multishot replaced with what Explosive shot originaly was. You hit the first target and then the explosive ticks hit all other mobs within 8 yards for X amount of damage per 2 sec for 6 seconds. At least this would give us a semi useful AoE.
    uhhhhhh...... how is this even a valid point? you can't spam any shot without having "nothing but steady to regain focus back" ...that's is after all....the design........

I don't see how changing the mechanics would change the damage/dps numbers the attack does either. or what, you just want it to hit 3 times as hard..? sure....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.