5% Intellect Racial?

Currently Gnomes have a 5% intellect increase as one of their racial abilities. I have heard this will change to a 5% increase in mana pool for Cata. As a dps caster, I am considering doing a race change to take advantage of the 5% intel but if this changes to mana vs intellect with Cata then it is not worth it. Maybe for healers...

Found this on wowwiki:

Gnome

Expansive Mind : Increase mana pool by 5%. Change to mana pool from Intellect occurred with Cata.

Can anyone confirm? Thx

15+ Year Old Account
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=20591
    It really isn't that hard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you need to do to check this is log in, make a gnome and read their racials. The Expansive Mind racial is already there, and it increases their maximum mana, just like what you copy+pasted from wowwiki.

Guess it's since they changed intellect to also give spell power. If they would have kept +5% intellect, gnomes would get more SP and do more damage. Which would make pretty much everyone roll gnome for PvE(?).

Thank you Drifted.

Deleted
    Still a nice upgrade, but not as nice as I hoped for a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonia View Post
    Currently
    Date posted: Today = 20th october = 4.01 has been out for a week now.
    You been living under a rock?!
    As a Gnome Mage myself, I was unaware that "currently" we had 5% more intellect, I thought I had 5% more mana, as the tooltip suggested for lets see now, the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonia View Post
    LOL zuvASS. Its apparent that half of the ppl troll these threads looking for sum1 to flame. (Not sure about the half cuz i didn't run that thru Rawr).

I am 'currently' NOT a Gnome. However, "Today' = 20 Oct...if i create a new Gnome character for the racials it clearly says: Increased Intelligence...not increased mana.
    Its ZuvassIN by the way. Its also apparent that half the PEOPLE in these boards never learnt anything in school, since they are incapable of spelling words entirely. If you were not aware, the create a character screen does not have tooltips. So since you are too lazy to hit the "create character" button to find out for yourself, you can enjoy being trolled.

My intention on this forum is not to get into pissing contest with fellow mages. Thank you to those of you who provided clarification.

Dranei racial is still superior -- %1 personal hit > 5% mana.

Deleted
    Let me remind you about a wonderful racial that taurens once had to their health pools... Long story short - it got nerfed. Same gonna be with somehting like 5% overall mana/sp. Unless it's only about base values but cba to read tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Let me remind you about a wonderful racial that taurens once had to their health pools... Long story short - it got nerfed. Same gonna be with somehting like 5% overall mana/sp. Unless it's only about base values but cba to read tooltip.
    exactly. any racial that grows better with gear is always nerf'd to the ground.
    I remember my tauren getting like 2k hp more in BC.