Spell Reflection?

Hey warriors, first time poster here. While running ICC last night and tanking the back trash during Lady Deathwhisper I decided to mess around and use spell reflection(something I NEVER use). It didn't seem to reflect any spell. Anyone know what the deal is with spell reflection and if it's even worth the time?

In case its just me: (still cant post links) Drocto on Shattered Halls US.

Also how easy is PP now huh? 21 manned it last night. Thanks.

I cant say much for PvE, but it is great in PvP....when it works lol
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    A lot of spells that are cast by raidbosses cannot be reflected. Try using spell reflect on trash mobs in dungeons -- their spells generally can be reflected.

Spell Reflection at the end of Forge of Souls is awesome.

I noticed it in working against the last boss in FoS as well. Nothing more badass than reflecting 18k dmg back to the boss.

Try using Spell Reflect on Lich mob in Blood Wing - Lich slap gets reflected and he basicly slaps himself flying away from You - it's funny.
    Good one is also Spell Flinger in Old Kingdom - spell reflect will almost one-shot them.
    Most of the spell casting trash in Icc can be basicly spell reflected. Not the adds on Deathshiwper though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have an addon such as Mik's Scrolling Combat Text, you can set it up to show you visually when and what spells you reflect. Thats how I have mine set up. Granted spell reflect is more useful in pvp but that doesn't keep me from spamming it on CD when I'm tanking casters.

Spell Reflect is like Disarm. You can't use it most of the time, because it would be OP. Trash is normally suitable and limited boss mechanics.

N.B. LK cannot be disarmed

I hope they will design more fights that can use these abilites, using them makes the fights more unique.

Deleted
    Also, you need to use SR before the spell is flying towards you. You must have activated it before it "leaves" the caster basically. If you lag somewhat it could happen that you pressed it the second the spell left due to perhaps a 0,3 sec delay or something. Just incase you tried all of the above and were not aware of this mechanic. And yeah, some spells cast by bosses NPCs etc cannot be reflected.