Thread: Why all the QQ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why all the QQ?

I'm not sure why some hunters are saying we were nerfed beyond reasonable standards. When 4.0 first went live I sat at a awesome gear score of 5k (gear score sucks, however I need to use it to give you some idea of gear) and I was pulling, in ICC 25, 9k Dps on most bosses and 15k AoE damage. I am now sitting at 5.4k gear score (again it sucks, but I need to put it in prospective) and can easily break 10k dps on bosses and now closing into 17k Dps on AoE.

Now, I can say I've been playing sence TBC, my hunter is an alt I made to pvp, but switched to pve. I hear hunters talking about how focus is horrible. I on the under-the-other-hand find it enjoyable and find it a relief that I no longer have to switch between viper and hawk. Perhaps I am use to a rotation being that my main for 4 years was a feral druid, but surely having an actual rotation/priority is not making these Hunters scream "we need a buff!"

So my question is: If you're one of these Hunters saying that we need a buff, how come? Other than Marksmen having no viable AoE what other concerns do you have?

For the record I'm a Survival armory is:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...f&cn=Demarioux

By the way, my numbers are NOT inflated and in some cases (AoE) they maybe alittle deflated.

show me a world of logs link where you hit 10k dps with that gear and survival spec please

10k is not unreasonable in his gear in a stand still fight. post patch i would say yeah but i think im doing something wrong with focus neways. would have been easy to do 10k pre patch with 30% buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild hunters are hitting around 9 - 10K in Similar gear, and close to 11 at a 6K GS. this post seems plausible, and for the record, most of my guild are long time players used to Priority/Rotation spell comps, so experience may have something to do with it, but yeah, i would love to see some WOR logs.

I have a raid on thursday, i'll try to remember and post WoL - At the moment I have only been in pugg ICCs. Again, I'll try to make an effort to put up some actual logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of hunters with similar gear on my server getting that much DPS.

Methinks some Hunters are jumping on the 'We need buffs' bandwagon before even testing themselves.

Also perhaps some Hunters just have not hammered down the proper rotation yet?
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

I'm still 70, but what I can say is that I like the new changes.
    My overall dps has increased, playing with focus is fun. I'm happy with it enough to stop playing my warrior and keep up with my hunter.

Edit: I'm surv and I'm not quite ok with my rotation.
    Black Arrow + Sting + Explosive Shots + Steady Shot to replenish my focus seems ok?
    I also try to keep kill command.

On AOE I throw in a aoe fire trap with multishot. Then I try to pin an enemy down at a time.
    until multishot is avaiable again.
    Last edited by Marcelopvf; 2010-10-20 at 01:44 PM.

we gets buffed soon, chill. and the numbers are to 85, since we miss Cobra Shot, MM is gonna be alot better than Surv and BM!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    we gets buffed soon, chill. and the numbers are to 85, since we miss Cobra Shot, MM is gonna be alot better than Surv and BM!
    --- Not very informative... The orginal topic was "why do we need a buff at all" ? try to keep it semi-on-topic. Instead of "my epeen is this.....long"

Thanks

Deleted
    I really like focus too. And I don't demand any buffs. But I demand fixing things like wrong scaling. Tooltips and actual implemented values (e.g. Chimera) differ. So either they should clearify that implemented values are indeed intended or they should just fix the scaling.

Anyways back to focus. I think most problems are do to poeple not adjusting as fast as others to the changes. Afterall the new resource system combined with the 1 sec GCD is a extremely fast paced priority system, which punisches mistakes pretty hard. I for myself start found myself staring at focus bar and CD's more then anything else. And that I don't like. I want to see the fight, not the bars. But that prolly adjust over time once we all get compfortable with focus.

I don't look a lot to focus. I mean, if I have sufficient focus, the ability will shine on my screen. That way I look only to bars and the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id like to see world of Logs for AOE of 17k dps. Before the aoe nerf I was always in top 3 for damage on the trash pulls but no one ever got 17k dps it was usually 12 - 14k dps - maybe a bit over if there was a ninja pull.

BTW... I also hate GS and just want to give you some idea of my eq, doing these numbers was with a 5993gs hunter MM spec pre 4.0 patch.

I also know that this was not me playing bad as other similar geared characters were all pulling the same dps as me.

17k dps since they nerfed aoe - especially on hunters with a 5.4k gs sv hunter I am afraid is absolute rubbish.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcelopvf View Post
    I don't look a lot to focus. I mean, if I have sufficient focus, the ability will shine on my screen. That way I look only to bars and the fight.
    But that leads to situations where you should fire your signature shot but cant, because you just spent all your focus on arcane.

Because it was called for, and we got our buff. Cheerio!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

AoE for hunters is now hugely dependent on target numbers. I've hit over 30k AoE dps recently, but that's in a couple of places where there are just _so_ many targets that multishot and explosive trap actually hit hard. Sindragosa trash pulls, and Onyxia whelps for example. When there are 40-100 targets, you can push out some damage. I think the highest I saw was Multishot for 93 hits. On more reasonable AoE pulls, 5-10 mobs like the trash in front of Marrowgar, my AoE dps is way down.

But really, AoE dps is not a huge deal. I'd like to have more, so I can farm old content a little more efficiently and we can clear trash packs just a little faster, but what I'm really concerned about is our horrible boss damage, and broken raid utility. Secondary concern about PvP viability. AoE is tertiary at best. It's kinda frustrating that a couple weeks ago I could walk up to a pack of mobs in, say, Dire Maul, multishot or volley them and move on, while now I have to take the time to individually kill each mob, but it really doesn't impact my ability to raid complete most raid encounters in any significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by Limpy View Post
    But that leads to situations where you should fire your signature shot but cant, because you just spent all your focus on arcane.
    You are right. =D
    Sometime I don't have focus for my signature shot, but most of times I rely on cooldowns: after a explosive shot it is ok for me to arcane. After a while, no more arcane e focus on steady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    On-topic: There was some 'QQ' because the damage was too low, Blizzard admitted they were right and buffed the damage.
    This. The damage was too low. Folks have been stating this for awhile. Blizzard finally analyzed their own data and agreed. Hence the buff.

Personally, in PvE, I could give a hot damn about "topping the meters". I just want to complete the quest/dungeon and help keep my teammates alive. In PvP however, different story, I'm happy for the buff.

If you are saying 10k with the Icecrown buff, then this conversation is over.

Sorry for the late response on Logs. My guild was unable to get my Hunter alt in the main raid so I had to pug. And I'm not that keen when it comes to WoL however, I did use recount to record a encounter on festergut and >trap< trash. Hope this solves some mysteries out there! (btw on the AoE dps its 20k dps at the end of battle topped @ 44k )

http://img413.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=aoedps.jpg

edit: This is not to brag or anything, above posts wanted me to show Logs about my claim on 10k dps on bosses and 17k dps on trash. and take note this is with a 5.5k (got my ring before the raid) gs.
    Last edited by Yewen; 2010-10-22 at 03:30 AM.

If you've entered a BG in the past week, you know why Hunters are asking for buffs. We are not even playing the same game as most other classes.