Thread: Why all the QQ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion: PVE wise, we're not really nerfed. All specs do great damage, all are fun. The problem is, nearly every other class/spec got gigantic DPS buffs. I used to think it would get better at 85, hell from my playing time in beta, it looked like it would be ok, but looking at the scaling of spells from 80-85, there really is none. We gain no new DPS moves, things still scale the exact same, we just get about 100 more bonus damage per hit, which is like every other class. I can't think of any other class that gets new, DPS increasing moves at 85 (correct me if I'm missing one), so that means that we will STILL be lack-luster.

At least, this is what the math seems to suggest.

PVP wise, we are sorely missing AOTF, and getting outdamaged 1 on 1, so it feels pretty bad right now. I've PVP'd a bunch in beta and Fox is gigantic, both the ability to move and Steady Shot, and also the large amount of Focus gained when melee'd (and fights last long enough where when fighting a melee, you get hit often enough that its huge). The reason it wasn't so bad damage-wise is crit is so low in the 85 premade gear, and everyone has a fair bit of resil, so it feels a bit smoother, instead of short bursts of killing/dying (if that makes any sense).
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    We gain no new DPS moves

We get Cobra shot at level 81, very, very useful for BM and SV. Our rotation kinda relies on it. Iv been wondering why we have not got that skill since it does.

Deleted
    10k dps is terrible lol, i get 11k by just spamming steady shot and am hitting 16-17k dps on hc boss fights like fester/rotface and LDW, and it's true hunters do need a buff as compared to other classes our "maximum" dps isn't as high as mages and locks on my realm are hitting 20k dps on fester/rotface while im struggling to hit 17k as a hunt, MM's aoe is perfectly fine trap launcher explosive trap multishot spam aoe isn't important as its mainly used on trash so shouldn't even be an issue.

Deleted
    I must also confess that I am very tired of hunters claiming that we are fine.
    Yes in some fights our dps is as before the patch, but as others have already stated, other classes have been buffed to such extremes that we simply can not compete.
    Furthermore we have to play the focus game. Now I am not against focus as such, but the current implementation is just not good enough. In order to sustain an optimal rotation you have to pay more attention to the focus bar than to the fight itself. That's just frustrating. I am sure it will improve somewhat as we get more used to it, but right now it just kills the fun.

The hotfix had very limited effect! I just hope that things will improve by the time we reach lv 85.

Deleted
    Hunters ARE fine, we havent been the top dps class in whole of ICC, and we will not be now.
    However I can still manage to be competetive and give the "overbuffed" classes a run for their money.

i did 18k on lady deathwhisper (Add duty + boss)
    hunters don't suck

I think the only remaining problem is the difference of dmg between shots. From countless logs i've seen and also my testing, Arcane Shot seems to be just as powerful as Aimed Shot, and Chimera Shot is now matching the dmg of our Kill Shot.
    Either the dmg scaling on these shots are bugged a bit, or Blizzard lied about the numbers, but I think it requires some tweaking, since this should not be happening. Aside from that, just give MM a better way to AoE, and we're set.

Umm..I am slightly confused by the number of complaints about Marks AoE dmg. Reforged for mastery, Wild Quiver proc more than doubles the AoE output of multishot. This combined with Bombardment makes for quite significant AoE damage. Just weave steadies between multishots and you can keep bombardment up infinitely on trash pulls. Surv is just godly on AoE, I hit 70k dps on the trash packs before Sindragosa with the serpent spread talent. BM is the only spec that AoE truly sucks for, unless you bring out a worm pet.

Deleted
    Funny how my most used keys are A,S,D,W, Space, Shift and Q.

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    In my opinion: PVE wise, we're not really nerfed. All specs do great damage, all are fun. The problem is, nearly every other class/spec got gigantic DPS buffs.
    Exactly this. My Warlock went from hitting ~14k to hitting ~17k without the 30% buff. It's basically like having the ICC buff all the time, but then getting a second ICC buff when inside ICC. My Hunter isn't extremely well geared, but I went from 9-10k pre-4.0 as Marks to 9-10k post-4.0 as Survival. Pretty much no change. Still hit 12-13k in ICC. The problem isn't Hunters, it's the comparison to other classes combined with some Hunter players not really getting the new rotations.

Survival is competitive at 85 though thus far. Marks has some issues though since their current 80 DPS is based to a very large extent on Wild Quiver being their #2 source of damage, which just isn't the case at lower levels of mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    hypothetical math since i dont haven't found a log site that likes my computer:
    multishot hits every target within 8 yards of your target for 50% damage, right?
    I'm autoshotting @5-6k (ingame ilevel checker says 270)
    thats maybe 2k+ per target

5 targets = ~8k per global (not everything can crit, right?) = 5 * 1-2k
    multi has no cast or cooldown, only limiter is your focus
    As marksman with 2/2 bombardment and the improved steady shot haste proc I can multi 2-5 times between steady shot pairs. (Also have Needle Encrusted Scorp haste proc for the 5 multi occasions)
    I was top damage on aoe pulls for most of ICC. As Marksman.
    ... Without launcher > Explosive as well

Pre patch aoe in SV I was pulling up to 30k on some pulls, I've only done better than 15K since the new patch on Sindy trash. But hitting 10k single target is fairly easy once you get your shot priority down with your focus regen. I topped out at 19k single target on HM LK given it was burst dmg but it was still good, I didn't do that before the patch, my best before the patch was 15K on normal LK