Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    Who are all these hunters who were sitting in viper just firing autoshot in PVE? They were really, really bad hunters, as far as I can tell. Mana management was a skill that the best raiding hunters developed, even average raiding hunters could figure it better than just 'autoshot in viper'. I would be embarrassed to be caught in a raid doing nothing but autoshot in viper. It's kinda pointless to go into now, but if you couldn't manage mana more intelligently than that, I really can't see how your opinions on raiding as a hunter are going to be relevant. You don't know what you're talking about pre-patch, so you don't know what the baseline is.

Slightly different topic - one thing I've noticed is a that a lot of casual or beginning raiding hunters (or alt players) are reporting that their damage is fine or going up. Hunters in the 264-277 ilevel gear range are reporting massive drops. That points to a pretty significant scaling issue - our damage isn't increasing with our gear as well as most other clases. (Hunters with 284 Falinrush are reporting only a smallish drop as a consequence of having a slow 3.0 weapon speed - normalization was removed so their BIS weapon actually got a boost relative to the 264 and 277, speed 2.8, weapons other hunters were sporting.)
    as far as I can tell of my own experience, mana has never been an issue, at least on the ICC days. I can´t remenber the last time I ran out of mana and popped viper on any boss besides LK. 10 mans can be tough, on the other hand.

about the damage scaling with gear, my hunter is an alt on full 264 and a few pieces of 277, I used to raid mainly as SV(and doing pretty reasonable numbers, on pair with similar geared MM hunters) , and switching to MM I saw an average increase of 1-2k on every boss with the new patch, while those fellow hunters who were MM before the patch are on the same prepatch numbers or lower. I don´t think its as much a scaling problem as an adaptation problem.

This class has some seriously screwed problems.

When it's more productive as SV to throw an explosive trap on mobs than use a 31 point talent black arrow shot and gain more DPS something is wrong.

There are so many things wrong with the focus system and balance it's unbelievable. And aspect of the Fox does not in any way fix it. It helps somewhat in PVP but even then at 85 this class is hurting.

theyll fix it. so, dont worry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    theyll fix it. so, dont worry guys.

Didn't the BM hunters of this entire expansion hope for the same thing. To bad it never happen for them.

Deleted
    I played my Hunter for over 2 years now, raided ICC10/25hm with my guild for the time it was live. I`m used to beeing one of the top dps in my guild. I also consider myself a very patient player who knows how to practice rotations and addapt to changes some patches may bring. Im definately not a nub is all i wanted to make clear before i start my rant. The change to focus didnt bother me atall. The new playstyle isnt a problem atall for me aswell. What is a big problem tho is when i see locks, boomkins, mages and other caster dps classes with worse gear doing double dps on raid bosses than im doing. My gear is very good, my skill is high enough to play the class as intended. Ther is nothing wrong with me or my gear (mostly 277) including gems, enchants etc. But there is something srsly wrong with hunters atm, and somehow i doubt that ONE new shot come cata will suddenly change all this. I still like my hunter tho and will always have fun playing him, atleast i played him for such a long time. But for now i will stick to my 2 alts (pala, druid). Maybe in cata i will go back to him if things will change for the better, until then... RIP Hunter class. Just my 2 cents..

QQ

At least you did get a buff (a small one) I play a "combat" rogue and was used to being top, or 2nd to you guessed it...a hunter. Since the patch and the changes to armor pen, Rogues and hunters have gone down instead of up like all the caster classes. I would go so far to say that every class has been buffed from previous levels, expcept rogues and hunters. I ran a 5 man (in know they dont count) but just to make a point, I have a 6044 Gs, and the mage in my group 4083. On single targets the mage would out dps me everytime, and I have been playing this toon since Vanilla WoW, and have played combat most of that time. I have refored all my gear and use the right spec, so Blizzard is blowing my mind that they have not even made ONE mention about rogues being balanced right after this patch......QQ

Thats all I have to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Didn't the BM hunters of this entire expansion hope for the same thing. To bad it never happen for them.
    It's rather naive to think Cata will magically fix things; there's enough wrong with the class that an extra ability won't really make a difference. Hunters have spent much of WoW's history with significant issues in at least one of the major aspects of the game. In vanilla, PvE was never a highlight. In TBC, PvP was a problem for a huge majority of the expansion. LK has been a bit more balanced at least, but still, that's only 2 years out of 6 where there were no glaring issues for the class.

The only thing that's ever been consistent is our ability to level efficiently.

Yeah, combat rogues are pretty well and truly hosed, but at least you have a semi-viable dps spec to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydogg View Post
    Since the patch and the changes to armor pen, Rogues and hunters have gone down instead of up like all the caster classes. I would go so far to say that every class has been buffed from previous levels, expcept rogues and hunters.
    My main is a hunter, I played hunter from the start. Always liked to play with hunter class, even if friends where telling me that I m a fool because of that.
    Still, after i tried to read all the comments, i can say that most of the ppl are right.

Dont know how will be at 85, but atm the cost of focus/shot is not balanced. The dps/shot is also not balanced.
    To believe that a PVP aura will improve your focus regeneration in PVE is wrong. True you can use StS when you move, but for regeneration you need to be hit by a melee.
    Also, Cobra shot, if used as replacement of StS, when MM spec, will not give the boost we need.
    In my opinion, a cost of focus/shot under 30focus, for main shots will improve the situation. The tranq shot focus/shot should be 5-10 max.
    And about dps/shot, we need KS to do old values, because atm at start of fights, we are in top by using Rapid Shot twice, when cd is over, we drop and drop and drop and drop.
    The pet situation is also not balanced, because, if u need to replace Heroism with pet, your dps will drop more compared with SV and MM spec. And if as MM you may get in top 10, as BM hunts drop in top 15-18 (in a 25 man raid). To have as MM, Readiness that resets pet CD's could be good, because atm it counts for Rapid fire only. Even if u reset Chimera Shot, u may be off focus.

The best changes with patch 4.01 for hunters are pets. And at level 85, i think will be Camouflage, because u become invisible, and can move at normal speed.
    Still, Trap Launcher is not working properly in PVE, because to improve dps you need to use traps at start of fight, and if you have 1-2 more hunters in raid, trap launcher will fail. Only one hunter can use it.