Poll: Vol'jin or Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vol'jin vs Garrosh

When Cataclysm comes Garrosh and Vol'jin aren't the best friends.

But who would you support if you are / were a Horde?
    The mighty warrior Garrosh Hellscream or
    The shadow hunter Vol'jin.

I choose Vol'jin! He looks relaxed, he has an awesome accent, he's something of a rogue ( My favorite class ) and ... he's a troll!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I edited the relaxed part and the Shadow Rogue thing coz' some peepz know too much lore and they started complaining :]
    Last edited by mmoc0394305272; 2010-10-20 at 02:11 PM.

Although i believe garrosh would win in a fight between them.

I do believe that Vol'jin would be a considerably better leader for the horde.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhaleera View Post
    The shadow rogue (That's what I think he is. Even if he isn't, it does sound kewl ) Vol'jin.
    really? :\ shadow rogue is "kewl"? are you one of those guys named xxDarkshadowxx?

10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from a guy who doesn't have a single horde toon over level 6, even after playing for 5+ years... Vol'Jin is gonna win this by a landslide.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhaleera View Post
    I choose Vol'jin! He's relaxed
    What? Do you know who Vol'jin is?

The stereotype that trolls are laid back is an inaccurate one. They are savage, energetic, passionate, primal tribesman, best characterized by their WC3 quote of "MOVE FASTA!". Nothing relaxed about them.

Vol'jin is no exception. He outright admits in Cata that he let his temper get the better of him. Remember this is the guy who threatens to kill his Warchief because he is told to shut up. This is the guy who pledges to advise Thrall's chosen replacement, and then has a massive temper tantrum the moment Thrall leaves and tries to pull his people out of the Horde over a personal insult.

If you like Vol'jin better, that's your right, but at least understand the character that you are praising. Vol'jin is a true troll: over-emotional, impulsive, passionate, and not at all calm and rational.

Obviously Garrosh is going to lose this, as 90% of the WoW community is still on the "GARROSH IS RUDE = SUX AND MUST DIE" bandwagon - which is why Vol'jin's popularity has come out of nowhere all because he threatened to kill Garrosh. But at least bloody well understand the character for who he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin is more a shadow hunter/witch doctor. In a fight i think Vol'jin would win but as a leader..strangely i want garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Vol'jin is more a shadow hunter/witch doctor. In a fight i think Vol'jin would win but as a leader..strangely i want garrosh.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Hunter! Right, I couldn't find the word I'll change it right away :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    What? Do you know who Vol'jin is?

The stereotype that trolls are laid back is an inaccurate one. They are savage, energetic, passionate, primal tribesman, best characterized by their WC3 quote of "MOVE FASTA!". Nothing relaxed about them.

Vol'jin is no exception. He outright admits in Cata that he let his temper get the better of him. Remember this is the guy who threatens to kill his Warchief because he is told to shut up. This is the guy who pledges to advise Thrall's chosen replacement, and then has a massive temper tantrum the moment Thrall leaves and tries to pull his people out of the Horde over a personal insult.

If you like Vol'jin better, that's your right, but at least understand the character that you are praising. Vol'jin is a true troll: over-emotional, impulsive, passionate, and not at all calm and rational.

Obviously Garrosh is going to lose this, as 90% of the WoW community is still on the "GARROSH IS RUDE = SUX AND MUST DIE" bandwagon - which is why Vol'jin's popularity has come out of nowhere all because he threatened to kill Garrosh. But at least bloody well understand the character for who he is.
    I wouldn't say the enmity towards Garrosh is his rudeness but rather his short-sightedness and over aggression. Garrosh in general is a very one-sided character, although they are doing their very best to develop him it may be a little too late, as a lot of people already have made their decision on the guy.

I myself still do not like Garrosh, but I'd really like for them to continue his change for the better. Besides, I voted for Cairne for warchief. =]
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural 1.

Deleted
    true men will pick Garrosh

true men will also pick Vol'jin, but so will the whiners cause Garrosh isn't Mary Sue enough

I vote Vol'gin, I'm alliance but even I like him. Garrosh is a pig headed idiot, who had power handed to him on a silver platter. He never had to work for it, nor does he deserve. He is hot headed, and overly prideful. Most of the other horde leaders have no respect for him. The only reason he has a seat of power is because of his father, he has no right to be the leader of the horde, I can't understand why Thrall would give him power. The Alliance leadership seems to be alot more stable in Cata, not counting Dwarfs. I'm guessing Blizzard is probably goin to do something that make garrosh look cool or something later in the game...personally i would love to see him eaten by deathwing. Any ways when cata comes out I'll make sure to kill this pathetic monkey of a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
    I wouldn't say the enmity towards Garrosh is his rudeness but rather his short-sightedness and over aggression. Garrosh in general is a very one-sided character, although they are doing their very best to develop him it may be a little too late, as a lot of people already have made their decision on the guy.

I myself still do not like Garrosh, but I'd really like for them to continue his change for the better. Besides, I voted for Cairne for warchief. =]
    Cairne isn't long for this world.

Also, Alliance leadership stable? Varian is leading he Alliance into a bloody war with low morale and depression, Magni is turned to stone, forcing an uneasy council between three clans, the gnomes are still occupied in securing Gnomeragan giving little help outside, and Velen is still useless.
    Last edited by Kellorkleft; 2010-10-20 at 02:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    For Garrosh. Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    Cairne isn't long for this world.

Also, Alliance leadership stable? Varian is leading he Alliance into a bloody war with low morale and depression, Magni is turned to stone, forcing an uneasy council between three clans, the gnomes are still occupied in securing Gnomeragan giving little help outside, and Velen is still useless.
    Ok Alliance is stable as in in the leaders get along, and aren't trying to kill each other. Varian is leading the alliance against the horde, who is falling apart from the inside,but I'll admit he is being a little rash, nothing compared to Garrosh though.

LOL, Varian is only being a little rash. Delusional Alliance members are delusional.

Deleted
    I vote for Garrosh. 'Cuz he has an updated model and trolls don't!

Deleted
    Garrosh, he has the blood of Grom flowing through him.

Vol'jin because he da Troll mon!

My life for the Warchief Garrosh Hellscream!

Our horde leaders were too peacefull for me. They were weak, afraid that a war could kill all of us. Afraid from the Lich King. They thought we should unite forces with Alliance. We can kill them all! Kill all those humans and their short friends! Kill those big-eared elves, blood elves included.

We can rule the world! We are the HORDE!