Deleted

self healing via DS (85)

Hello there

As I am not able to play the BETA, I was wondering. Today at 80, the DS selfheal seems just... utterly useless. I know that HP-pools will get an awesome boost til 85, but still I'd like to hear it from some testers: Are you able to heal yourself via DS by an amount, that is not as laughable as at 80 today?

Oh, and I'm talking about unholy in particular, as the runecost does not allow DS'ing a lot.

"Oh, and I'm talking about unholy in particular, as the runecost does not allow DS'ing a lot."

I dont get it: maybe I am missing something. It's 10% per at least, so presuming you have two frosts and two unholys, that's 20%, and with death runes you can keep on right? Blood tap can contribute to that a bit too I presume by generating another death rune.

I was really bummed by the change to 5% from 15, and was cheered by the buff to 10%, where it is now. However, after thinking about it, and considering the nature of UH DPS (RC recharges on Runes) I can see why they maybe thought 15% was too strong. When RC procs, and you get in the zone, those runes refresh quickly, and maybe 15% was just too strong under those circumstances. One of the goals of UH in both PVE and PVP is to keep that RC rolling.

Now, if we're talking PVP, this might be a situational thing, due to the nature of the combat. However, after practicing tons on the targ dummy, and Raiding a bunch, and now beginning to get back into BGs (all post-4.0.1) I can see implications of UH rotation that I never suspected before.

I really can't overemphasize the potential synergy of UH DPS with RC. No, it's not as applicable to PVP of course, because of the nature of PVP, but it still applies somewhat. Imo, if you are playing UH, and you have specced into RC (and if not, why not?) and you don't feel that synergy, you need to practice more on target dummy, and of course read EJ's 4.0.1 UH post.

From what i tried on beta DS might need sometimes especialy after you hit lvl82 (actualy when you go to Deepholm zone)

It's just as strong now for Frost as it was, and slightly weaker for Unholy. It has the 30% of the damage heal now, which makes it better if you are truly dropping low.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Death strike seems broken atm. It always heals for just 10% of my health no matter how much damage I just took.

The issue is not amount but frequency, and accessability. Death strike requires FU pairs, and unholy does not generally have these. The only time UH can efficiently use DS is when all 4 death runes are up. The other issue is frequency, since runes refresh sequentially now, you may not have access to the runes you need as quickly as you once did. Albeit, runic corruption probably offsets the issue quite effectively.

I'd suggest having a deep UH talent that changed the cost of DS to BF rather than FU to help it roll smoothly like frost.

I'm having an easier although slighly more RNG-based time healing myself when soloing the ZG bosses and Attumen now after the 4.0.1 patch as a 2h frost build because I can literally spam rune strikes to get more unholy and frost runes up, allowing me to spam more death strikes, even if they are weaker than before. Gift of the Naaru scales of haste and crit now, which makes it quite stronger, and lichborne is quite ridiculous since two death coils can top me off from <20% HP if one of them crits. Death Strike not being based on diseases is quite silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    Death strike seems broken atm. It always heals for just 10% of my health no matter how much damage I just took.
    Yes there is a bug on this (at least on Beta), i guess it will be fixed on release or maybe sooner