Reforge: Haste vs Crit

So i heard the best way to reforge an item is to reforge haste or crit (which have the bigger number) into mastery.
    I understand 1% crit is 1% increased dps if not crit capped, but did the fact that haste increases energy regen and white dps (fury swipes talent+savage roar, and also better OoC procs) was taken into account in the simulation? Can someone explain this to me?
    Also, does a 25%haste translate into a +25% energy regen?

thank you

As a rogue , crit is the most useless stat of them all atm , second to that is mastery atm , so reforge crit to haste wich atm is the best stat you can get since it increases your energy regen , autoattack speed ( translated into posion procs ) ofc , first of all you must reforge to hit and exp till the cap .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    As a rogue , crit is the most useless stat of them all atm , second to that is mastery atm , so reforge crit to haste wich atm is the best stat you can get since it increases your energy regen , autoattack speed ( translated into posion procs ) ofc , first of all you must reforge to hit and exp till the cap .
    druid forum

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    Wrong class forums mate!

@OP: Yes, reforge the highest one at best. Most of the times its crit anyway.
    All info you need: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-4.0.1-edition

@OP: Yes, reforge the highest one at best. Most of the times its crit anyway.
    All info you need: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-4.0.1-edition
    what i dont get is if crit is superior to haste why reforge it (if not crit capped)

Arrow

If you're at or above the crit cap you definetly need to reforge that crit into mastery, rather than worrying about hit/exp (unless you REALLY like having those caps, but it's a small dps loss). After that, it's not just a matter of reforging the highest stat, but finding which stat is more of a dps increase to reforge. Yawning, the maker of Mew states that the easiest way is to just reforge the stat with the least value (use Mew to find this) and reforge it.. the dps difference is extremely minimal at 80.

At 85 we get to gem/forge completely different than at 80, hooray! /sarcasm =(

If you are not crit capped it usually is better to reforge haste even if you get more mastery from reforging crit. It depends on what the difference is though. You have to use your stat weightings to figure out if the extra 4-10 mastery you would get out weighs the crit you would keep otherwise.

If you are crit capped reforge whatever is higher. If under, reforge haste unless the mastery difference is significant.
    Last edited by The Cat; 2010-10-20 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    So i heard the best way to reforge an item is to reforge haste or crit (which have the bigger number) into mastery.
    I understand 1% crit is 1% increased dps if not crit capped, but did the fact that haste increases energy regen and white dps (fury swipes talent+savage roar, and also better OoC procs) was taken into account in the simulation? Can someone explain this to me?
    Also, does a 25%haste translate into a +25% energy regen?

thank you
    The best stats for a Feral DPS (Cat) at the moment are: Agility>Mastery>Strength>Critical Strike (till critical strike capped)>Haste>Expertise>Hit

There are generally two approaches:

Reforge critical strike to mastery until under the critical strike cap then reforge haste to mastery.

Reforge the highest stat on each piece to obtain the greatest amount of mastery possible.

25% doesn't provide 25% increased energy regeneration but there doesn't appear to be a diminishing return (in theory) for haste in regards to energy regeneration; however, in practice more than 50% energy regeneration is impractical since more energy would be generated than can be used effectively. Some haste is valuable but agility, mastery, strength and critical strike (below the critical strike cap) are better.

All the factors you mention are accounted for in the Mew code. The issue is as follows:

Agility was buffed, so 1 agility = 2 attack power (unbuffed) and >3 attack power when buffed
    Mastery buffs bleed damage incredibly well
    Critical strike applies to bleed effects (and the modifier was improved to 120% normal damage)
    Bleed effects can't miss or be dodged once applied
    Haste doesn't effect bleed effects directly
    Melee damage is relatively insignificant due to the preceding factors
    Savage Roar and Glyph of Savage Roar are outstanding but only server to modify a mediocre ability
    Fury Swipes was never very good
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-20 at 09:44 PM.