Thread: 4p T10 holy?

10+ Year Old Account

4p T10 holy?

Should I invest in this now... I have 2 extra sanc tokens I was gonna use for ret, but if getting 4 piece is worth it now? Should I just save to tokens for my other 2 slots?

15+ Year Old Account
    holy light is poo now, so i'd say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do agree with that isn't its current weakness that is weak and slow, with 4 piece at least some will be faster and not eat my mana when trying to spot heal. Donno yet want to get a couple of points of view on the topic.

Eh, imo, haste is where it's at right now. If a piece of T10 doesn't have any haste, ignore it. Keep the T10 2PC bonus though, head and shoulders is what I kept. Take anything with haste, even if (yes, blasphamy) it's leather or mail.
    Moo.

No Haste isnt even important, its straight intell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your haste at right now? And what is your HL cast time fully buffed without IoL?

I picked up another piece of t10, the chest, to get plate specialization. Im thinking of getting a 4th piece to try to, just to see how useful it is to us. Most of what I lost when switching over to plate was spirit, but I dont seem to be having any mana issues, so I might try reforging into haste.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

At this point, you'll be best off evaluating each individual piece seeing if it is a stat upgrade. If you're using non-plate or lower tier non-set pieces, you'll benefit from upgrading to tier in those slots but post-4.0.1, I'd completely disregard the 4pc bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBoy2001 View Post
    Take anything with haste, even if (yes, blasphamy) it's leather or mail.
    No you shouldn't take it if the item isn't plate, due to the new plate specialization you'd lose out on 5% intellect, which is huge at Icc gear levels. Other than that, yeah haste is king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenmist View Post
    No Haste isnt even important, its straight intell.
    With gemming this is correct, but when it comes to gear it's a given that it will have int on it, it's the secondary stats that determine which upgrades we want. Haste is the most beneficial secondary stat imo, followed very closely by spirit, with crit and mastery at the end, at least on live. I'd get pieces that have haste on them by nature and reforge the crit it usually comes with into spirit.

In my opinion, go for 4-set and reforge the non-haste items to haste.

Every single piece of my holy paladin's gear has haste on it except his Waistband of Righteous Fury which I reforged some of the crit into haste.
    Even with nerfed divine plea, mana is really a nonissue for holy pallies... so haste is your best bet if you want strong output and stability. Of course you should still be gemming intellect... I do pure intellect but there's nothing wrong with doing int/haste or int/spirit mixed gems to match socket colors for the bonuses.

I have no idea where some of you are getting your Info on 4-peice / reforging. pre 4.0 if you were serious about healing in ICC you got 4 peice .3sec off HL > 100 or so extra haste you could pick up from off set peices, especially on fights that required movement (Hhalion,Hlk,Hpp,Hsindra,ect.)
    Even with post 4.0 4peice is still really good even tho holylight is quiet a bit weaker its still our bread and butter spell, holy light to proc daybreak -> daybreak turns into more hasted holy lights coupled with IoL its a very nice set bonus. My holy light with a HS crit are down around the .283sec casting time range. Also for reforging who ever told you to turn crit/spirit into haste was wrong. If your over 850haste which is easily doable with gear avail (even with 264's if you dont have access to HM ICC) you stack mastery, it roughly equats into a xx% healing buff on all your spells. I currently run with 18% mastery and 953 haste with mostly 277 gear with some 271 peices.

Heres my armory if you want some details (spec may be pvp spec atm)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uzad&cn=Igginz
    Last edited by Zedthetank; 2010-11-09 at 09:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    pre 4.0 if you were serious about healing in ICC you got 4 peice
    err what? just because you did something doesn't mean that others have to. the off-pieces provided more Int/haste and the 4t10 bonus gets weaker the more haste you have. the only fight i even considered using 4t10 with was Halion hc and even then i managed without it. there's no 'you MUST do this' with healing like there is with DPS, everyone has a different style.

Like SoulPoetry notes, 4pc tier was certainly not a requirement for healing. In fact, you'll find that the majority of content clearing Paladins were wearing 2pc (head and shoulder tokens) with everything else being offset. Either way was perfectly fine because the difference was incredibly minor.

Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    I have no idea where some of you are getting your Info on 4-peice / reforging. pre 4.0 if you were serious about healing in ICC you got 4 peice .3sec off HL > 100 or so extra haste you could pick up from off set peices, especially on fights that required movement (Hhalion,Hlk,Hpp,Hsindra,ect.)
    Actually pre 4.0 you were an idiot if you took the 4 piece. The loss of haste from the non-tier items meant that your holy lights were actually slower with the 4 piece proc than if you had the extra haste, and at the time (aside from helm and shoulders) the other tier pieces were horribly itemized.

On topic, in my opinion the 4 piece is still pretty worthless. I've reforged all crit to spirit and have basically taken holy light off my bars- if your mana regen can support using flash of light and divine lights in place of holy light, why bother with the weaker, slower heal?

The 4 set suffers from Light's Gracitus which is a disease to make a bonus weaker the more haste you got, so it doesn't decrease the cast by 0.3 secs, it decreases the cast according to your haste, for example, if i wore 4 set, i'd get 0.21 decrease instead of a 0.3 decrease.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently