Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What's the cata legendary going to be?

We're propably getting a caster and a melee legendary again. Seeing how they made the mace a farm-a-lot reward and shadowmourne a storyline based quest (which also included farmalot but it was for mats), how do you assume they'll be introducing the new legendaries in cata?

I just hope they are all late game rewards, which will propably be the case since they've made blues valuable again (for the moment at least).

In b4 shadowmourne flame wars.

Well it have already been announced that it will be a spell caster dagger, my good sir.^^

Quote Originally Posted by lorddrakefox View Post
    Well it have already been announced that it will be a spell caster dagger, my good sir.^^
    it have? 0.o

too bad i was hoping for a story biased quest that had one for each class, reward different depending on your class. oh well it was a nice thought.

Quote Originally Posted by lorddrakefox View Post
    No, they specifically said it is unlikely to be a dagger.

All i know they said was caster weapon
    They never said dagger or not from what i recall
    However alot of shamans that would want to use their shield would cry for a dagger, I really think a dagger just doesn't feel "legendary" so small, just hanging on your waste unoticable
    Most likely be a Staff or a dagger that looks like a sword, or they could just be completely cruel and make it a sword... >=)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna speculate a trinket/off-hand

"The burning heart of Ragnaros"

It's most probably going to be a staff. But the mage than i am really wish deep down that it would be a sword. Because Druid/Priest got their legendary already >_>*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard the spell dagger rumors, but I'm not sure if that's something that we can confirm with a Blue Quote. Even if we could, they are allowed to change their mind.

Anyway, we have...

Hunter Weapon: Bow, The Elven one, in BC.
    Melee Weapon: Shadowmourne, Thunderfury, etc.
    Caster Weapon: Medivh's Staff.

I think that each class can use at least 1 legendary. The only problem is that legendary weapons become outdated eventually.

I think that each expansion should release 1 kind of legendary per role (Tank, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Healer). Of course they don't have to be around the same time and they all should be hard as Hades to get.

Or... OR, we can finally get an Artifact in game. How's that for epic?

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I'm gonna speculate a trinket/off-hand

"The burning heart of Ragnaros"
    All permanent legendaries have been weapons.

A dagger would make the most sense, being that all the DPS casters can wield it. Blizzard hasn't given any information other then its a "Caster Legendary".

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    It's most probably going to be a staff. But the mage than i am really wish deep down that it would be a sword. Because Druid/Priest got their legendary already >_>*
    Every role/class has had a chance at a legendary.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

What if there was a trinket out of death wing's whatever artifact he merged himself with to become like that?

SP offhand
    Deathwings *implement adjective here* (my guess would be shattered) heart
    A piece of dragons soul or a new dragon soul forged just like shadowmourne was
    OR a SP dagger: deathwings chin

Well, everyone knows it's going to be a Warrior legendary as they can use all of them (pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm saying they *can equip them* regardless if it's meant for them or not.)

Also, Hunters got a Legendary in WotLk. Shadowmourne was BiS for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    Well, everyone knows it's going to be a Warrior legendary as they can use all of them (pretty sure, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm saying they *can equip them* regardless if it's meant for them or not.)
    A moot point, Warriors can equip everything but wands/relics.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvaliant View Post
    A dagger would make the most sense, being that all the DPS casters can wield it.
    I agree with this. Sure staves can be used by all dps casters too, but we've already had a staff before and only a dagger can realistically be used to its full potential by ALL of the dps caster classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsvaliant View Post
    Blizzard hasn't given any information other then its a "Caster Legendary".
    ^This.

Blizzard has never, anywhere, stated that it would indeed be a dagger.
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

Yeah they said it was going to be a caster weapon, but I hope us hunters get another ranged weapon and they stay away from warriors/paladins/rogues this time around they have had enough need to spread it around.

You know what I think would be a good idea?

If you could take a regular epic weapon you already owned and actually upgrade it to a legendary. Not like Shadowmourne, I just mean a standard epic weapon of a certain item level. If you completed a huge questline and ended up reforging one of your weapons in the open, smouldering chest cavity of a freshly killed Deathwing or something. If you upgraded something it would take on a different name depending on what sort of weapon it was.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

A staff would make the most sense, since it is useable by all casters as well as being big enough to make look visually impressive.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

well, the mount wasnt a weapon...even tho it was a tank. sounds like its going to be something along the lines of dps-caster first then tank from the general conversations ive heard from the few devs that have been addressed with the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    A staff would make the most sense, since it is useable by all casters as well as being big enough to make look visually impressive.
    I agree. They could make a staff, even though we already have one. Hoevever the old world is getting changed so it could be recreated along with ragnaros' mace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    A dagger can be used by all casters as well plus can be realistically used by all of them as well. Which do you think is more important to Blizzard? Creating something that looks pretty that only some of its intended users can wield? Or creating an only moderately nice-looking weapon that all of its intended users can wield?
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.