Have you tried Mastery rating yet??

Hunters are pretty beast already, If you want to do alot of dps just reforge your gear from crit to mastery rating... My wild quiver proc rate is at 37% and with my gear reforged for mastery rating, it puts wild quiver at my top 3 damage abilities... If they are going to buff hunters again then I'm going to expect a nerf right after...

We will probably never see this high of Crit, and possibly haste, again; and it'll be a while before Mastery is this high. There was massive gear inflation in WotLK and they've already said they're planning on avoiding that, even if it means implementing a system where Raid Bosses gain level equivalents at each tier (not necessarily what they're going to do, it was given as an example) so that you need a little bit more hit/crit rate drops a little/etc with each tier. The good news is that means things that scale directly with you will only become more powerful later in the raid cycle if they do that, for instance Haste and Mastery will scale well. The bad news is, the scaling between 80 and 85 is pretty steep anyway. I don't remember the exact figures but it was something like..1500? 2500? Mastery to cap it at 100% for Marks at 80 (impossible with only reforging), and it turns into 8500 or some such rating to cap it at 85. Suffice to say, the last thing you have to worry about is over-scaling. Thankfully even with Piercing Shots we're not as crit reliant as some specs/classes so it wont be quite the devastation when we first get into Casterclysm raiding, but we'll really be relying on a big jump in RAP from gear to keep our damage up with the loss of almost constant crits.