Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I wish, I one day can... reach the Nerd status.

One can dream, right?

What's better than being the guy that just knows everything that many people are clueless about?
    Nothing!
    What's better than being acknowledged as an intellectual person, and not being one of the 'cool kids' that as trends come and go, they are swayed as the brainless masses they are?
    Nothing!'
    What's better than outsmarting a showoff 'cool kid', making him bite the dirt, as your words crush both his heart and his temper, then getting beat up, and then stealing his girlfriend as she's caring and she's mad at the bad attitude of the 'cool kid'.
    NOTHING!

Being a Nerd, is great.

I will become the best Nerd ever!
    Thats my Nerd-do, my Nerd way!

Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    And what has this to do with WoW - general again?
    *Cough* Buzzkill *Cough*

On Topic: I consider myself a nerd due to the fact that I do play this game and other games a lot, but I also do social things and go out with people so I guess I'm 50/50.

I'm an inbetween kinda guy. I have days/weeks where i can play WoW, Starcraft and an array of playstation games non stop, then i'll calm down for a month or two.

But on top of it all, i still have a 9-5 office job where i'm without a doubt the un-nerdiest in there and i have a house / dog / girlfriend to tend to whilst still putting 2 hours a day in at the gym / running and drinking on a weekend.

Neah, i'm not a nerd really

I definitely own "being a nerd." I play WoW pretty regularly, and before that was a console gamer my entire life. I was in band in high school, talented music, and played for alot of theatre orchestras around town. I definitely wasn't a cool kid.

I'm not lame either though. I have close friends, I go out, I have healthy romantic relationships... I think people think "nerd" and default to thinking of a person who is awkward, dependent, lonely, but just so happens to be adept at something like computers, math, or science. I tend to be more liberal and think that a nerd is someone who shows a strong passion for something not generally celebrated in mainstream culture. Math, science, philosophy, theatre, music, art, computers, gaming.... these are some things that come to mind. All very valid and interesting and even important things, just because the mainstream isn't cuddling up to them doesn't mean they are bad.

I own being a nerd. At 21, being a girl who plays marimba, pwns at WoW, was drum capt. in high school, attends uni for said marimba, and is well-read in philosophy gets you further than it did at 15.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

I'm really not sure what to call myself. But anyhow, I do play WoW regularly and raid for 16 hours a week. I enjoy watching some anime, but not alot. Asides from that is RL, which I hang out with my friends whenever there is something to do. As for any sports or activities, i've done a mix of fighting sports (primarily wrestling) all of my life. I also hate to read. I'd probably just be a gamer at most.
    Last edited by Duthorian; 2010-10-21 at 08:01 PM.

No. I don't even play that much to be honest.
    Lok'tar ogar!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am nerdy. But still kinda awesomesauce. When I am not training sports I am pretty much on vent/Ts/skype and gaming. And of course the bad habit of checking mmo here everyday

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    I think people think "nerd" and default to thinking of a person who is awkward, dependent, lonely, but just so happens to be adept at something like computers, math, or science.
    That is soo me pretty much 110% *softly sobs in a corner*

I do nothing but play WoW and watch Anime, and I work as an IT professional fixing computers for a small shop near where I live. So yeah I am very very very much a geek/nerd whathaveyou. I am also a furry (dont know what it is look it up on da internetz you will find it rather fast lol).
    Last edited by Aragen; 2010-10-21 at 08:30 PM.
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

I prob dont fit the typical "wow nerd" and most ppl that meet me are like "?youplaywowwut?" yeah ive been playin wow for about 4 years almost everyday at least a lil. started in vanilla and been raiding since kara. ive grown up around console/old ass computer games. but im also in good physical condition and been a prof. athlete for a good portion of my adult life. (not to sound like a prick) but ive had teh sex with well over 50 woman wich im guessing not many typical wow nerds can say. let me say tho that once they find out i <3 wow i dont see too much of them anymore lol, but f**k em, i loves me some warcraft.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I work at the biggest ICTO company in my country
    I've been around computers since I was 10
    been playing videogames ever since
    in my freetime I am mainly learning new Cisco stuff
    I have more networking devices at home, than any other electronic device
    and I love everything above))

So yeah, I am pretty much a nerd^^
    Last edited by Raur0s; 2010-10-21 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo^^
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

Deleted
    I'm a computer programmer, I was born a geek.

Deleted
    Not really, I'm very good in math but it is so boring and hate Star Trek and every card game like Yu-Gi-oh

for the last 6 months my total palying time was 2 hrs, maybe less....

Nope, i am not a nerd, I just hate all of you motherfuckers, that's all!

To be quite honest, you shouldn't be placing yourselves in such categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nerd, not really. But i know i'm a rather strange person and could be percieved as beeing a nerd by others.