Thread: Devastate

Devastate

do prot warriors use devastate? I watched the tanking guide video and the player didnt use devastate once

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 01:15 AM ----------

answer someone...
    Last edited by Ruinner; 2010-10-21 at 01:03 AM.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Protection Warriors use devastate quite a bit.

Whenever Shield Slam and Revenge are not up, they use it to proc Shield Slam and to stack Sunders.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

is there any time left for heroic strike?

sure, ocourse only in a single target situation

Heroic Strike is off the GCD so you can still use it even if your spamming Devastate. Same with Cleave.
    But it has a CD so can't spam it, and uses a bit of rage so most only use it when they are above 75:ish rage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruinner View Post
    do prot warriors use devastate? I watched the tanking guide video and the player didnt use devastate once

answer someone...
    It could be that they have bound Deva to a HS macro. If those still work in patch 4.0.1 that is.

Deleted
    Devastate is a signature ability for Prot Warriors. It applies the Sunder Armor effect and is also a nice filler when other abilities are off cooldown. Moreover, it procs Sword and Board which gives you a free Shield Slam.

Combined with the Sunder Armor glyph, it also provides additional AoE threat.

Deleted
    Some numbers:

Devastate 251 1.7 tanking weapon: 2k 3stacks, 4k crit
    Devastate 264 2.6 pvp weapon: 2.5k 3 stacks, 4.5-5k crit

its only 500 more on average in heroics and while questing but in % thats huge

Quote Originally Posted by Ruinner View Post

answer someone...
    Devastate is a Prot Warrior's fireball. We use it when we got nothing else to use, which is most of the time.