Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Self Cast Key Not Working

Has anyone else had an issues with their cast on self hot key not working? Mine is Alt and I use it while healing to heal on myself so I don't have to change targets. It's highly frustrating that it doesn't work. Anybody else experiencing this?
    Shoespoon!

Did one of your addons rebind the key? Is it still designated the Self Cast key in the Interface menu?
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it is still bound. I have bartender and it is also bound in there too.
    Shoespoon!

Try changing it to another key (briefly) and seeing if that key will work.

If it does, then something may be wrong with your ALT key. If it doesn't, then there's something worse wrong.
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did try changing it >> and my alt key works fine, I use it for vent and it works.
    Shoespoon!

Hmmm. I'd try disabling all of your addons, then seeing if the stock UI will allow it, then enabling them one at a time. It totally sounds like some addon interference to me.
    Grim Campfire

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    But but but...

Yeah that's probably what I will end up doing. It's just annoying because it was working fine before the patch and now it's not. It has actually gotten me killed once because I kept trying to heal myself that way ><
    Shoespoon!

=/

I just tell the game to auto self-cast when I'm targeting something I can't cast on (like an enemy, when I'm casting a heal, or if I'm in a group, I'll tab to the boss or select myself). It works for me, but I can see the value in alt-casting instead.
    Grim Campfire

Quote Originally Posted by Kechlion View Post
    I did try changing it >> and my alt key works fine, I use it for vent and it works.
    just remember if you ever play a healer, never bind any heals to f4...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.